my chao's appearance for second evolution not changing?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

my chao's appearance for second evolution not changing?

Post by FluffyCats »

i have a twotone normal dark/fly chao named fuzz. she's 4 years old and her stamina level is 44, but has the appearance of a newly evolved dark/fly chao. when i give her 40 power animals, nothing changes except the ball turns a slightly different color, and the jesters shrink size, sometimes change to a slight different color, but they're always the same shape.
next, i give her run animals to balance out the power influence and then add run influence. the same thing happens, the jesters grow only a bit bigger.
when i do the same thing with swim and fly, it's the same result. no major changes, the ball turns cyan/greyish-blue, the jesters remain the same shape, but different size.
what the heck is with my chao?
fuzz is on a memory card that has corrupted before, so could she be suffering a (really rare) glitch?
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: my chao's appearance for second evolution not changing?

Post by Mamkute »

No, this is perfectly normal. Second evolution takes a very long to become very noticeable, although you are seeing some changes which is a good start. Feeding more fruit increases the appearance of second evolutions (by a small amount) but in general, you just have to wait longer.
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Post by FluffyCats »

thank you! :herosway:
i immediately gave fuzz a truckload of fruit, and I'm starting to see the second evolution kick in a bit more.
i guess i freaked out because I've never had a chao still new to second evolution at an old age.

edit: fuzz just reincarnated right now, and without finishing her second evolution :darkcry:
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

For 1st evolution speed it up by feeding your Chao food. From newborn Chao to 1st evolution, it'll take 200 bites (every time a fruit gets smaller or disappears, this counts as a bite.)
(also not counting any waiting.) This also counts toward 2nd evolution, although I may be wrong with the amount of bites. I'll update this in a day or so.
More complicated explanation: a Chao's evolution 1st or 2nd, happens when a stat in the game's code (magnitude) reaches 1. You can wait (I'm not sure how long) for it to raise by 0.001. For it to reach 1 fully without feeding, wait 20-25 hours. this counts for 1st evolution and the 2nd. So if you want your Chao to evolve twice without reincarnation, feed it a lot.