Issue With Bright Chao

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Avanchnzel
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Issue With Bright Chao

Post by Avanchnzel »

So, I have a question. I understand that on some consoles(as well as PC apparently), bright chao are the result of two tones and shiny chao. What I want to know is, can I get my regular two tone shiny chao without having them be bright in some way? I have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for both GC and now PC, and I enjoy using the chao editor for the PC game for various reasons. However, the PC has bright chao, and when I experimented with DX to see if it had the same problem, I found it didn't have shiny two tones at all!

So I'm stuck with my GC for shiny two tones, I'm assuming. Would there be any way to speed the process up? Perhaps through the use of Action Replay or something? I would very much like to have them for PC, as I'm not very patient(though raising chao is fun, don't get me wrong, I love it), but I don't think that's possible. Any advice is appreciated!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Issue With Bright Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

From what I understand, you want to move your GC chao to the PC version without it changing how they look? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If that is the case, then it actually won't work (it is possible to transfer your chao however). Bright chao and Shiny Two-Tones are the same thing.
It's really just the way the game displays them. We can't attempt to make a mod or anything to change it back since we can't edit the models themselves and find out what it is.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Avanchnzel
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Avanchnzel »

Sort of, I suppose. I just want to breed for a shiny two tone without it coming out displayed differently. And since the PC displays them bright rather than what it's meant to look like, I was wondering if there was a solution. It's alright, though, thanks for answering! It does clear a bit up.

Now I just want to figure out how to make things go faster in my GC version. I suppose I could always leave the game running awhile? Hum.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Well, in that case you could transfer your chao between the GC and PC versions and use Fusion's Chao Editor and then transfer back.

You can transfer using this method, I don't know much about it though, but it appears to work backwards too.

If requires a Homebrew Wii (Or what I think could be swapped for just a GC Memory Card that connects to your PC) to work though.
Otherwise, all I can say is to use an Action Replay/GameShark if you really want to speed it up.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Avanchnzel
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Avanchnzel »

Ooh, that's interesting. I don't have a Homebrew Wii, but I do have an Ation Replay, and I'll definitely look into this and see what I can do. Thanks for the info mate, it really helps :0
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Theoretically someone should be able to fix the Bright Chao situation with a mod, but no one has come out and done that, as far as I know.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui