What kind of chao is this!?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
pinta77
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Check out my YouTube
Location: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfEZGE ... WVMUMr6k7w

What kind of chao is this!?

Post by pinta77 »

This is Ghoul.

Playing on gamecube. I breeded a shiny white chao and a jewel silver chao. I got this transparent chao, but I'm wondering if there's only one kind of transparent chao or if there are more. And if there are more kinds, what kind is this? Also, is this chao mono-tone or two-tone? Sorry for all the questions :herosway: just would like to know for future breeding :P
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Re: What kind of chao is this!?

Post by NachoThePikachu »

I believe the chao you have bred is a Shiny Jewel White chao. This chao is described as: "a Shiny Two-Tone White, but with a transparent body and a green tint."
From the chao you bred, and the image given, I'm fairly certain this is the chao you have produced. :3

A Jewel chao is neither Two-Tone nor Mono-tone, it is jewel. It's in its own special category, if that makes sense. Many shiny Jewel chao are transparent and look very different than they would when non-shiny.
There are all kinds of transparent chao! Each have different tints depending on which kind of jewel chao it is.
To read more about these kinds of chao, visit the Special Breeds page on our website~

Hope I helped. >u<
Last edited by NachoThePikachu on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
pinta77
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by pinta77 »

Thank you very much. And yes, it did look to me like it had a green tint. I appreciate the help :)

So does that mean it has the shiny and the jewel genetics when I breed it? It could pass on either/or?
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Yes! It can pass on both the shiny and jewel genetics. It may also be able to pass on the mono-tone/two-tone attribute from it's shiny white parent, or the silver attribute from it's other parent. There is no guarantee that the child it will produce will also be shiny + jewel, but it is definitely a possibility! Have fun breeding your chao, and hopefully you get another nice new chao out of it! :3

EDIT: There is also a genetics and probability page on our site, if you're interested in looking more in-depth about breeding~
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

NachoThePikachu wrote:A Jewel chao is neither Two-Tone nor Mono-tone, it is jewel. It's in its own special category, if that makes sense.
You were already getting to the point of amending this statement, and you probably already know this, but I figured I would chime in on the genetics of this.

For Jewel chao, and shiny jewel chao, monotone or two-tone don't make a difference in regards to what is seen. But genetically, they have monotone or two-tone genes. Pure, purchased Jewel chao carry two-tone genes. The child of a cross between a pure jewel chao and a pure shiny chao will have one monotone and one two-tone allele, even if neither is visually relevant.

To pinta77, I would definitely suggest trying to obtain some other shiny jewel chao. My favorite is Shiny Jewel Purple.
pinta77
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by pinta77 »

Yeah I'm definitely going to play around. This chao looks pretty cool imo