Why do chao look as if finding something while eating?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TheUnlimitedChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Happy Holidays and Good to be back!

Why do chao look as if finding something while eating?

Post by TheUnlimitedChao »

Are they planning something so they check around? Maybe it's the omochao uprising... :omochao: :omochao: :omochao:
No need for depressions now. :blink:
Because, it's christmas! :surprise:
Everybody should be happy this month!
Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Striving to fully understand Chao

Re: Why do chao look as if finding something while eating?

Post by Swate »

I have no idea what it's actual purpose is but I always interpreted it as them looking for the character you're controlling.

Since it never seems to happen when they're really really hungry, I thought maybe they were starting to feel full and were looking to see if Sonic/Shadow/etc. were watching them eat. If they're not, maybe they can get away with chucking the fruit away unfinished.

So I ended up developing a habit of cold-hard staring at eating Chao whenever I could. "Yeah that's right, finish it all."
heck yeah chao :cool:
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Think about how you would eat something. You wouldn't gobble it all down in one go with no breaks, would you? I think the feature exists purely for realism. Though in the SA1DC, I seem to remember chao ploughing through any fruit you'd give them no matter how hungry they were.
Image It's still thinking...
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

Chao Professor wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:23 pm Think about how you would eat something. You wouldn't gobble it all down in one go with no breaks, would you? I think the feature exists purely for realism. Though in the SA1DC, I seem to remember chao ploughing through any fruit you'd give them no matter how hungry they were.
Is it possible to get them to stop eating a fruit in that game, like picking the Chao up or something? The moment they touch a fruit they start gobbling it down in seconds, even if they were sleeping before.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Yes, it is possible to disrupt a feeding chao by picking it up. It's difficult to time it right, though. They finish eating in about 5 seconds flat. Worth mentioning that you can't actually pick up the fruit while the chao has it.
Image It's still thinking...
Yuiop
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Farewell

Post by Yuiop »

They're planning to overthrow Earth and make an Empire that spans trillions of miles.
Bye Guys