Normal type chao

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
nickfan1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Normal type chao

Post by nickfan1 »

What is the best way to get a normal type evolution?
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: Normal type chao

Post by Mooncow »

After a while you kind of get a feel for what colour/shape it will look like. What you can do to be on the right track is every time to you enter the garden to look after it use a different character (Hero/Dark).

Soon we will be releasing an alignment viewer which will make it really easy to visualise!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
nickfan1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by nickfan1 »

Mooncow wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:11 am After a while you kind of get a feel for what colour/shape it will look like. What you can do to be on the right track is every time to you enter the garden to look after it use a different character (Hero/Dark).

Soon we will be releasing an alignment viewer which will make it really easy to visualise!
I asked for how to best make a Normal type Chao. What you're talking about is how to make a neutral alignment Chao.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

The simplest way of getting a normal-type chao is to simply not give it any animals or Chaos Drives at all.

If you still want to give your Chao animals and/or drives, you need to keep both the Run<>Power and Swim<>Fly sliders in their neutral positions. This can be accomplished in many ways, but perhaps the easiest method is to, everytime you give your Chao a animal/drive, give it a animal/drive of the opposing type immediately, and if you're trying for specific animal parts, you can balance out an animal of one type with two drives of the opposing type. Note: Since the sliders can only move so far from neutral, giving a Chao a bunch of animals of one type and then giving it a equal number of the opposing type can lead to over correction. If I remember correctly, from the neutral position, it takes 10 animals or 20 drives of the same type to max out a child's evolution sliders, and double that for an adult, and from an extreme position, it takes that many of the opposing type to return to neutral.

Also, Blue, Black, and Gold animals shift the sliders randomly, and are thus best avoided unless you know how to tell when your Chao is deviating from a normal gradual evolution or are using cheat tools to view the evolution sliders directly. As an aside, since getting a Chaos Chao requires both giving all Animals and raising the Chao so it would otherwise become a normal-type, the Blue, Black, and Gold animals pushing the Chao out of the neutral zone and the player failing to compensate might be the most common reason why a Chao fails to become a Chaos Chao.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

nickfan1 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:59 amI asked for how to best make a Normal type Chao. What you're talking about is how to make a neutral alignment Chao.
Haha, sorry you're right - but we are also making a 3D Chao viewer that can help with that too!
Otherwise its as the above poster said. You still need some experience to get a visual indicator though :surprise:
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.