Where to farm?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
nickfan1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Where to farm?

Post by nickfan1 »

Where should I farm for stuff to raise each stat?
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Where to farm?

Post by ChillyChao »

Well, if you want to farm Swim animals, i suggest Dry Lagoon. Once you know the Chao Key spots, the otter spots and the pipe spots, you can find lots of water animals. Along with the Chao Animal glitch, you can get Swim up alot.
If you want to get Run up, i suggest Pumpkin Hill. There's a spot near the spawn you can get to by going on a rocket which has a Skeleton Dog. Keep restarting until you get enough Skeketon Dogs and than go to your garden. HOWEVER, it's common knowledge that when you restart you lose a life, so to avoid that, go to the place you get the Shovel Claw and dig down into it. As far as i know, it will always have an extra life in it.
I don't know any good place for the rest of the stats or for droves, though someone said on YouTube that Mission Street is good for drives and i can comfirm that.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

My favorites are-

Actually what game are you playing?

---

If you want the best locations for SA2 then I recommend:

Prison Lane: Hero Chaos Drives (There's actually a forth enemy right above you in addition to the 3 you see just when you start the level!)

Iron Gate: Dark Chaos Drives (If you haven't already gotten the Jet Engines by playing that far into the story, they let you get the Chaos Drives on the giant escalators better)

Metal Harbor: Swim Animals (This level is very short, so you can get swim 4 animals in about 1:40 minutes- don't forget to open a second Chao Box for the animals inside before the missile)

Wild Canyon: Fly Animals (I always forget for where everything is as far as the animals, but the take away is that there's a bunch of stray fly animals in this level)

Radical Highway: Run Animals (I just play until the part where the road forks two, and you can get the Warthog waiting right before the fork)

Death Chamber: Power Animals (Break every Eggman robot you can find, since they all contain Animals.)

Other Animals Types:

Skeleton Dogs: Can confirm ChillyChao's statement of the best way to get Skeleton Dogs- I've been doing it for years and it's perfect)

---

If you're looking for animal locations in SA1, then I recommend using Sonic (because he's well, fast):

Emerald Coast: Swim & Run

Speed Highway: Fly & Run (Especially the part before the Bumper Cars)

Red Mountain: Power

My suggestion in SA1 is that if you have a chao you want to raise the stats of quickly, that you move that chao to the closest Garden of the stage you're using currently)

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

^ I second chaoadventures. The early Tails and Eggman levels are great for farming chao drives.

If you want to farm rings, I suggest White Jungle or Green Forest; you can pretty easily get over 100 rings with each run.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

Pratzelwurm wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:46 pm If you want to farm rings, I suggest White Jungle or Green Forest; you can pretty easily get over 100 rings with each run.
My go-to level for getting 100 rings quickly's always been Wild Canyon. White Jungle and Green Forest have a lot of rings due to relying on the lightspeed dash a number of times, but it's always bothered me how easy it is to accidentally somersault near the edge of a ring trail. What's your fastest time to complete the second missions on those levels?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

You guys are strange.

I get 400 rings on City Escape in about 2 minutes (2? 2 and a half? I forget), so I recommend doing the normal mission for it instead of the 100 Rings mission because of the time the rank screen takes.

It's much safer than levels that come after it like Green Forest, and has many more rings than levels like Metal Harbor and Route 101.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

^
I agree. City Escape is the best level for rings.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

I wasn't referring to doing the 100 rings challenge, I just meant that I can consistently get over 100 rings each time I play through them. In City Escape I seem to be more likely to get hit with things and lose my progress, but that could just be me.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Latee Hatori
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Huh?! ....

Post by Latee Hatori »

For Run + Rings I like to do Radical Highway's second mission. There are four guaranteed run animals (all boar and cheetah, which lower and raise all the same stats outside of run), with several opportunities for drives on a run, as long as you don't get hit or miss too many rings. Meh, the harder part of the level starts almost right after where you're expected to get 100 rings, more often than not if I mess up I just exit cause I don't find it worth it.

That's mostly if I'm low on rings, want to build up lives, or bored though, usually I just choose a quick animal I want to get, look up where it is and how long it takes if I don't remember, get it, exit the level, repeat as needed. In the Chao Island Contributions board there is a Fastest animal locations post for SA2 that lists most animals and the quickest way to get them (most have at least one method that is less than 30 seconds).