Chao tears aren’t visible on SA2B(Steam)

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
KentuckyFriedJihadi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Chao tears aren’t visible on SA2B(Steam)

Post by KentuckyFriedJihadi »

As the title states, for some reason I am unable to see my chao’s tears when they are crying. :cry: on the GC version they’re visible, and in other peoples videos I can see it, but on my version I cannot.

It makes the game feel more immersive and personal when actually seeing the Chao express emotions - anyone know why this could happen?
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Chao tears aren’t visible on SA2B(Steam)

Post by ChillyChao »

Did you enable any mods or make any other modifications to the game? If you did, try reverting the game back to it's normal state. That could be the problem.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
KentuckyFriedJihadi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

ChillyChao wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 am Did you enable any mods or make any other modifications to the game? If you did, try reverting the game back to it's normal state. That could be the problem.
I have Chao World Extended enabled, and a few mods that came with it. Nothing else - and if I remember correctly this was happening before I installed that as well.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

^
Weird. Maybe you just have a little glitch in your game. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Some users have noticed vanishing effects when they have Chao World Extended enabled (myself included).

Have you noticed any other missing effects, like Sonic and Shadow's Flame Ring fire trail, or the sparkles when giving chao small animals or chaos drives?

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
KentuckyFriedJihadi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

chaoadventures wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:48 pm Some users have noticed vanishing effects when they have Chao World Extended enabled (myself included).

Have you noticed any other missing effects, like Sonic and Shadow's Flame Ring fire trail, or the sparkles when giving chao small animals or chaos drives?
Yes! The chaos drives don’t give off the sparkle effect
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

Is there an evolution happening? Something similar happened to me a while back, the cocoon caused those effects to not appear.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
Eru
Motto: bread

Post by Eru »

Done some research since I also started having these problems before I even got Chao World Extended. If I recall correctly, I ended up switching from my main nvidia card to my intergrated intel card to fix a crashing problem, which let me load the game but many effects were missing.

With some tinkering, Ive found a fix for the effects in the intel control panel:
By setting that option to disabled, it is fixed:
I'm not sure what the equivalent would be in the nvidia control panel since like I said, I can't actually get the game to load with my nvidia card. I don't want to mess with any settings either in case I dont know how to change things back; I honestly would help if I could but this is all I could do to get the sparkles to work. I'm glad I get 60fps on my intel card lol

Ive also found these threads that could maybe help but I cant verify if the solution works:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/213610/d ... 848380532/

I hope this at least provides some insight into the solution! :surprise:
Edit: fixed some words
mooncow smells
KentuckyFriedJihadi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Erubbu wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 am Done some research since I also started having these problems before I even got Chao World Extended. If I recall correctly, I ended up switching from my main nvidia card to my intergrated intel card to fix a crashing problem, which let me load the game but many effects were missing.

With some tinkering, Ive found a fix for the effects in the intel control panel:
By setting that option to disabled, it is fixed:
I'm not sure what the equivalent would be in the nvidia control panel since like I said, I can't actually get the game to load with my nvidia card. I don't want to mess with any settings either in case I dont know how to change things back; I honestly would help if I could but this is all I could do to get the sparkles to work. I'm glad I get 60fps on my intel card lol

Ive also found these threads that could maybe help but I cant verify if the solution works:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/213610/d ... 848380532/

I hope this at least provides some insight into the solution! :surprise:
Edit: fixed some words
You're a legend, this solved it! Thank you!