Chao face combinations

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
asha_chao
Egg
Egg

Chao face combinations

Post by asha_chao »

So I've been playing SA2B for several years now, and it always seems like certain face combinations are impossible to obtain. I don't know if I'm not patient enough, or if they're just locked, but I've tried for several years to get the following combinations:

- Tired eyes/Evil frown
- Happy eyes/Evil grin
- Tired eyes, V frown

I've seen on these forums that the evil frown isn't obtainable? I'm playing on the Gamecube version of SA2B.

Any advice would be appreciated.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Chao face combinations

Post by ChillyChao »

The evil frown is only available when a Chao is drowning if i remember correctly.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Yeah, evil frown is not present for Chao without hacking (or when a Chao with an evil smile is drowning.)

I don't think we have exact confirmation that certain face combinations are impossible, as the genetics and nature of Chao faces are still a bit of a mystery, and a front of continued Chao research. But, from what I have seen, it would not surprise me if certain combinations are impossible (or at least that certain combinations are much more rare than others- pretty sure that part is true.)
BlueLightning
Egg
Egg

Post by BlueLightning »

Evil frown is baited as being obtainable (seen by certain race opponents). Kinda unfair