GBA to Gamecube link cable not working.

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Yourunclesdog42
Egg
Egg

GBA to Gamecube link cable not working.

Post by Yourunclesdog42 »

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I am having a problem with my GBA to Gamecube link cable. I can transfer Chao to my GBA, and also to my copy of Sonic Advance, but I get an error whenever I try to retrive a Chao from the tiny chao garden. Could anyone help me with this problem? P.S. the cable I am using is not an official one, and I have no other games to test it with, however I have tested it on both SA2:B and SADX and it can retrive a chao on neither game. Any help would be appreciated.
Have a nice day! Image
Mandymom
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: GBA to Gamecube link cable not working.

Post by Mandymom »

it may be a problem with the controller port you're using. Also, it may be a problem with the cable itself. Make sure both the controller port and cable are firmly connected and clean to ensure proper data transfer. Odd that it had worked on transferring chao one way, but not the other. Test another cable to make sure it's the cable, not your console. As if it doesn't work with both games, it's unlikely it's a problem with both of them.
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

I think you answered your own problem; the cable you're using is most likely the issue if its not an official one. Try to get a hold of a different cable.
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.
Yourunclesdog42
Egg
Egg

Okay, thank you for the answers; I will try to get an official cable as soon as I can.
Have a nice day! Image
Chaos soda
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: "Primal Venom"

Post by Chaos soda »

I am having exactly the same problem. I will tell you if I get mine to work
“Sonic shot Eggman in the face for being evil, and grew a beard so he could impersonate him“ - https://talktotransformer.com
Yourunclesdog42
Egg
Egg

Finally managed to get a better cable, and this new cable works! It seems that some 3rd party cables don't work, though the new one I have is also third party (CeX didn't send an offical one) and despite this new cable being 3rd party, it still works. I can finally get a shiny jewel chao! :cool:
Have a nice day! Image
Chaos soda
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Chaos soda »

Mine is still not working and I was wondering if you could say what brand cord was used? Thanks
“Sonic shot Eggman in the face for being evil, and grew a beard so he could impersonate him“ - https://talktotransformer.com
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

Post by a chao »

you know, my gba cable not working during transfer is my biggest fear. :darkcry:
chao are cool as heck :cool:
ScarlettBlaze
Egg
Egg

Post by ScarlettBlaze »

I know this is reviving an old topic, but I wanted to add some info in case it helped anyone.

I got a third-party cable by Tomee, and I'm having the exact same issues described earlier in the thread. I wanted to move a Chao from SADX to SA2B. I could successfully get the Chao from SADX onto the GBA SP (note: I was not using a Sonic Advance cartridge with TCG. I had no game in the GBA SP, and the GameCube downloaded a temporary copy of TCG onto the GBA SP.). However, when I switched to SA2B to pick up the Chao, I got a communication error. I tried all of the controller ports, and I tried a different Chao. Same issue. Then I tried moving a Chao from SA2B to SADX. Same thing - could drop it off fine, but couldn't pick it up. Research tells me that you have to have an official cord, as many of the third-party ones have trouble. The Tomee ones in particular only seem able to transfer to the GBA, but not back.
Raising Chao in SADX and SA2B since 2004. :cool:
Chaos soda
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Chaos soda »

ScarlettBlaze wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:50 pm I know this is reviving an old topic, but I wanted to add some info in case it helped anyone.

I got a third-party cable by Tomee, and I'm having the exact same issues described earlier in the thread. I wanted to move a Chao from SADX to SA2B. I could successfully get the Chao from SADX onto the GBA SP (note: I was not using a Sonic Advance cartridge with TCG. I had no game in the GBA SP, and the GameCube downloaded a temporary copy of TCG onto the GBA SP.). However, when I switched to SA2B to pick up the Chao, I got a communication error. I tried all of the controller ports, and I tried a different Chao. Same issue. Then I tried moving a Chao from SA2B to SADX. Same thing - could drop it off fine, but couldn't pick it up. Research tells me that you have to have an official cord, as many of the third-party ones have trouble. The Tomee ones in particular only seem able to transfer to the GBA, but not back.
exact same problem here. Got an official one and it works great
Tails Prower
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: just a dumb argentinian doing stuff

Post by Tails Prower »

Make sure that thw connector is not dirty. Also see the connectors. If they have pins, see if any of the pins just moved put of place. If is too broken... i guess that's it. You need a new one.
Why we cannot have a Sonic Adventure 3? I mean... it could be cool...stop saying werid things, SEGA, and make the freaking sequel!!
:thinking: :herosurprise: :darkblink: