Questions about shiny jewel chao

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chaos soda
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: "Primal Venom"

Questions about shiny jewel chao

Post by Chaos soda »

When a Shiny jewel chao is referred to as black shiny jewel chao does that mean it is a onyx shiny chao or a shiny black chao breeded with a jewel coated chao of any type?
“Sonic shot Eggman in the face for being evil, and grew a beard so he could impersonate him“ - https://talktotransformer.com
AmberZeChao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: SCREE!

Re: Questions about shiny jewel chao

Post by AmberZeChao »

When a shiny-jewel chao is referred to by color, like the black shiny-jewel, it does mean what color the chao has under the jewel coat, so for your example, the black shiny chao with an amethyst jewel coat is a black shiny-jewel chao. This is because the coloration of a shiny-jewel chao depends on the color it is, and not what coat it has.
Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Striving to fully understand Chao

Post by Swate »

"Black" is talking about the normal black chao that you can get from the Black Market. For shiny jewel Chao, it only matters that it has ANY kind of jewel gene being expressed (and of course the shiny gene), and then the resulting look is based on the -color- (like Black) that it got from its parents.

E.g. If I get a shiny lime Chao from the Black Market and an onyx Chao from the GBA and breed them, I will get a Shiny Jewel Lime Chao. I will never get Shiny Jewel Black from this combination because Black is a -colour-,which is different to jewel. Also I would get the exact same result if I bred the shiny lime with a ruby or sapphire Chao, because again it just matters that its a jewel of some type and then ignores which jewel it is specifically.
heck yeah chao :cool:
Chaos soda
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: "Primal Venom"

Post by Chaos soda »

okay thanks I was making sure before I try to make one
“Sonic shot Eggman in the face for being evil, and grew a beard so he could impersonate him“ - https://talktotransformer.com