3D Chao Viewer Age Slider

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
trunkynugget
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

3D Chao Viewer Age Slider

Post by trunkynugget »

For the age slider, which ages does it range from?
For example, if I were to want a chao in the middle age range, around what age would that be?
I know that chao's lifespans can be different, does it take that into account?
Trying to create the perfect chao, and it would be helpful to know this.
AmberZeChao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: SCREE!

Re: 3D Chao Viewer Age Slider

Post by AmberZeChao »

I think the age slider represents magnitude, which is how far into a gradual evolution a chao is (or for child chao, how close to evolving it is). In a vanilla game, chao normally only live up to about 5 years, maybe a little more or less. 3 would probably be an average middle age range, to answer that question. Though that would not mean the middle of the age slider because it represents gradual evolution, not actual age. Gradual evolution could be different for each chao depending on how it was raised, so using it as a way to tell what age the chao is would not be helpful. Something else other than time passing effects the magnitude, I think it was how much fruit a chao has eaten, but I am not sure so someone should correct me if I am wrong.
trunkynugget
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: 3D Chao Viewer Age Slider

Post by trunkynugget »

I have noted that excessive fruit eating greatly accelerates the time it takes for first evolution, but I am not sure if it affects anything beyond that.
So basically, what you say is that since every chao can have different lifespan that the ranges could be shorter or longer?
That could make it difficult to pinpoint the exact age for sure, but at least it helps to provide a good guess I suppose.