Can my chao reincarnate if he was 3?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Least
Egg
Egg

Can my chao reincarnate if he was 3?

Post by Least »

Hello, this is my first post so there might be problems with the post. :surprise:

So I have a chao who is 3 years old and i’m wondering if I can make him reincarnate. Also, what’s the required age for a chao to reincarnate?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Can my chao reincarnate if he was 3?

Post by chaoadventures »

Maybe!

There's no age requirement for a chao reincarnating, the only requirement is that a chao is happy enough (30+ points of happiness, I believe) before its life cycle ends.

Reincarnation only happens at the very end of a chao's lifespan, so it's a bit difficult to tell when exactly it will happen since some chao naturally live longer than others, but your chao probably still has a few chao years left.

If I remember correctly, the usual max age for a chao is 5 or 6.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

To add on to the above post, if i remember correctly, Chao automatically die/reincarnate when they turn 6.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

If I remember correctly, Chao have a life span remaining stat that varies from Chao to chao(and possibly from one incarnation to the next of the same Chao) and is affected by a few different stimuli. I don't remember the details, but I think Chao die or reincarnate whenever this number reaches zero. Fusion, arguably the greatest person to ever study the coding of Chao, posted a thread on the subject many years ago, but I don't know if it ever made it to the main site(many of Fusion's old threads were quite technical and more relevant to those curious about the underlying programming than those just interested in raising Chao).

Anyways, while a Chao life-span varies, and I believe even the duration of a Chao year varies, Most Chao reach end of life between 5 and 6 Chao years or about 15-20 hours in the same Garden as the Chao since it hatched.

So yeah, unless its unusually short lived, you're three-year-old Chao probably has at least another five hours of play time until it reincarnates.

Disclaimer: all numbers above are approixmate and drawn from memory.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

The length of the Chao's adult life span is also determined based off of how you take care of them as a child, because giving them a lot of fruit while they're a child actually make them an adult for a longer amount of time, so maybe not giving them very much could result in them reincarnating as early as age 3, but I've never tried to go for it specifically. However, I am pretty sure that they can reincarnate at 4 if this is the case (although I might be wrong).
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

Just remember, Age has nothing to do with when a Chao will die/reincarnate. It is only a measurement of how long it has lived in its current lifespan
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

The only ones who can't reincarnate are chaos chao and character chao, cause they literally can't die
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Therealpinta77
Egg
Egg

Post by Therealpinta77 »

krzys2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:41 pm The only ones who can't reincarnate are chaos chao and character chao, cause they literally can't die
So for the character or chaos Chao, is there an age where it will max out and stop counting?
Tails Prower
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: just a dumb argentinian doing stuff

Post by Tails Prower »

If you have been with your Chao 15 or 20 hours, it technically will reincarnate. Note that you need +30 happiness in the DreamCast, and +50 in modern games! Hope i helped you.
Why we cannot have a Sonic Adventure 3? I mean... it could be cool...stop saying werid things, SEGA, and make the freaking sequel!!
:thinking: :herosurprise: :darkblink: