SADX Steam - Chao Genetics fix?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

SADX Steam - Chao Genetics fix?

Post by mintdrop »

wow it's been a while since i posted in here!

i was wondering... i recall that in the steam version of sadx chao genetics don't mix (i.e. mono tone red chao + two tone normal chao will never produce a two tone red chao).. is this still the case? and if so, is there a mod that can fix it? i know i can use fusion's chao editor to edit the chao manually but it would be cool if anyone knew of a mod or something that fixed this issue!

thanks!
:chaohappy:

edit: i've heard that BetterSADX fixes this issue.. is that true? maybe i'll just have to keep playing and find out for myself...
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Re: SADX Steam - Chao Genetics fix?

Post by UltimaNumber »

The Genetics are there when you breed. But in SADX Steam, any Colored Chao are Monotones, and only Normals are not. I would definitely recommend BetterSADX or otherwise modding
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: SADX Steam - Chao Genetics fix?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

If I'm not mistaken, part of Better SADX is converting the steam version to the original PC release from 2004, which in addition to being generally considered the better port had a several year head start on the Steam version for modding(in fact, I'm not sure there any mods aside from better SADX compatible with the steam version.

As the gimping of breeds was a downgrade in the Steam version, Better SADX converting to the 2004 port should restore all Gamecube breeds except translucent ones(which are broken even in the 2004 port).