Mirage Dragon of Aquatic Mine

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Mirage Dragon of Aquatic Mine

Post by UltimaNumber »

Yesterday, I was on a quest to find all Small Animals of Mission Street and Aquatic Mine. I have found every animal of Mission Street, on both Normal and Hard mode. So I moved on to Aquatic Mine. This level should be a breeze to find all the Animals in because it's not really that big or complicated of a stage, honestly. Oh, and I'm playing on the Dreamcast version, so that I will be able to find all animals as some are missing in any other version other than PAL GCN. I gazed into the Dreamcast glory of Aquatic Mine, with the more advanced lighting, or darkening, it is an interior after all! I collected all the rings surrounding me, talked to both Omochao behind me, messed with the water switches. I went counter-clockwise, digging into the dirt wall behind bars. I went to where you would normally use the sunglasses in hard mode, bounced on the spring, removed the sunglasses as I was falling. I destroyed the Gold Robot next to me, got it's Chaos Drive. Decided to take a dive in the water to the other side. I went back, saw the Skunk, decided to despawn it and reload it a few times to make sure it was always a Skunk, which it was. I messed with the Skulls nearby, then I read a hint for an Emerald Shard. I finally got up to the highest floor, where you would use the Mystic Melody. I noticed two Steel Kegs before the pile of wood what was hiding the ruins. And one of them had a Dragon! I thought "wait, there's a casual 10 second Dragon in Dreamcast?!". I made a mistake in that thought. I had the perfect opportunity to take a picture of this Dragon. But no, I thought it was a Dreamcast exclusive. So I decided to reload the stage to make sure it was indeed there. It wasn't. The Steel Kegs are gone. And now I regret this decision. No matter how many times I replay the stage, I could not get this Dragon to appear again. No matter how I played the stage, the Kegs would not appear. Now that I thought about it, I remember this Dragon. When I was playing on GCN in my early Chao raising days, I encountered this Dragon. I thought most people would know about this Dragon, and I did not care about Animal Parts on my Chao at all at the time. So I didn't take note of it at all. Boy, no wonder this Dragon does not exist on any guides I've read.

Please, if anyone at all knows what I'm talking about, or wants to help, please help me find this Dragon! Or at least these Steel Kegs, which the Dragon hides in! They're located on the other side of the pile of wood the Melody Ruins appears in. For the record, I am making a complete Small Animal Guide here, and the reason I tell the tale how I explored Aquatic Mine is so maybe the path I took had something to do with these Kegs appearing.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Re: Mirage Dragon of Aquatic Mine

Post by UltimaNumber »

Well, turns out it wasn't Steel Kegs, it was actually the Wooden Crates next to the Ruins. It turns out that this Dragon has a rare chance to show up when you break these Crates. So rare that you'll probably not encounter this thing, or if you do, you probably wouldn't think of it as rare especially since everyone gets Dragons elsewhere.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs