Passing down the X-Grade?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
GenoTaurus
Egg
Egg
Motto: Constantly lost but won't admit it

Passing down the X-Grade?

Post by GenoTaurus »

I'm not sure if this belonged in here or the hacking forum, but something strange happened. :herosurprise:
I bred my Chao with an X-Swim Grade thanks to the Hyperfruit, and the child got the X Grade in its second set of DNA (At least I believe it is the X Grade as it is left blank in the Chao editor and you can't look at the second set with the Chao doctor as far as I'm aware). And now I'm interested if this happened to anyone else?
Because I know the X-Grade is temporary and goes back into an S after reincarnation, but what happens if it was passed down? Does it revert after reincarnation as well? What happens during an evolution if it's the stat you maxed out?
While I do want to try and find some of these things out myself through trial and error, I am a bit scared if I will run into a game crash if I attempt a few of these things, so I did want to see how many people had something similar happen. :herosway:
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Re: Passing down the X-Grade?

Post by krzys2 »

Hey there, its definitely not normal.
X grade shouldn't be passed down. Perhaps could you contact me on discord Krzys#9783 and provide me with .chao file? If you dont have discord, I would be really grateful if you would pm me on forums and somehow provide me .chao file. I also would be interested in what editor you are using right now
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
GenoTaurus
Egg
Egg
Motto: Constantly lost but won't admit it

Re: Passing down the X-Grade?

Post by GenoTaurus »

krzys2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:59 pm Hey there, its definitely not normal.
X grade shouldn't be passed down. Perhaps could you contact me on discord Krzys#9783 and provide me with .chao file? If you dont have discord, I would be really grateful if you would pm me on forums and somehow provide me .chao file. I also would be interested in what editor you are using right now
Sure, I would first need to join the discord, though. I am using your editor actually, the krzys2's chao editor. For the file I assume I will only have to export it normally and send it to you.