CWE Are the additional animals required for Chaos Chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
pikmints
Egg
Egg

CWE Are the additional animals required for Chaos Chao?

Post by pikmints »

Chao World Extended adds a variety of animals to Sonic Adventure 2, and the information on Chao Island isn't worded in a way that helps me understand if this makes Chaos Chao more difficult to obtain.

On the Chaos Chao page there's the line, "You must give your Chao at least one of every animal in its current life." This makes me believe that everything that is treated as an animal in the game must be given to your chao to achieve this without exception. Although immediately after that line is the line, "In other words, your Chao must have learnt every animal behaviour." Which makes me think that the new animals aren't mandatory as they add no new behaviors.

Does anyone know which of these 2 lines is the more important one within the context of Chao World Extended, the one about a Chao needing all animal behaviors, or the one where it needs to be given every animal?

In case this sounds like a stupid question: I'm not sure how the game checks if "every animal" has been given to a particular chao. If the game compares the chao's list of animal behaviors against all of the animal behaviors in the game's internal list of all animal behaviors, then only mods that add behaviors have the potential to make obtaining Chaos Chao more difficult. But if the game checks to see if a chao's list of animals used against the game's list of animals, that means that anything that gets added to the game's list of animals would extend the requirements for obtaining a Chaos Chao.

I know that it could be possible to add animals/behaviors if either of the game's original lists are hard-coded, or if the modded content is stored in a location that the game doesn't run a check against when trying to test for a Chaos Chao, but seeing as how the wiki for Chao World Extended doesn't explicitly say whether these animals are mandatory, and how the Chao Island page could be interpreted either way, AND how even if the Chao Island page was worded in a more concrete way there is always the possibility for mods to change how the base game runs its checks, I can't say with any degree of certainty whether or not the modded animals change anything.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Re: CWE Are the additional animals required for Chaos Chao?

Post by UltimaNumber »

The Animal requirement is tied to the Animal behaviors the Chao inherits, and the base 21 are all that is needed. The Chaos Chao check is its own separate code, and it has not been altered since adding the new Animals. Even if new Animal behaviors were added, the Chaos Chao check would still be the base 21, that's all it checks, Animals-wise.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs