[CWE 9.4.1] Omochao can't reincarnate?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TimerBunneh
Egg
Egg
Motto: Grib is best melon lad.

[CWE 9.4.1] Omochao can't reincarnate?

Post by TimerBunneh »

So, I ran into a bit of a surprise yesterday evening. Turns out having a hax Omochao with max (nerfed) S rank stats isn't all it's cracked up to be, so I had a plan: boost the run grade to X rank and give my Omochao (named Boi) the suspicious bottle so it could reincarnate. Well...one worked, one didn't, and now Boi is gone. :herocry:

While I'm not all that bummed about it, I am curious if that's just how Omochao work. Can they not reincarnate because they don't come from eggs normally? I do remember seeing Boi still shaking its head when the cocoon disappeared, and suddenly poof, it vanished into thin air.

Thanks in advance for the support, everyone.
Timer | she/her/hers
:hero: Grib - hero/fly/normal
:darkwalk: Kosmo - dark/run/tbd
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: [CWE 9.4.1] Omochao can't reincarnate?

Post by Roaxes »

Honestly never thought about the potion given to character chao or other special chao. I doubt they're intended to reincarnate since there's no "baby" omochao to reincarnate into. But im not fully versed in how the new omochao system works though I did beta test for it. For now I'd just avoid giving the potion to any unique chao such as omochao, egg chao, exc that remain one form pretty much their existence.

Note however, the suspicious bottle forces death/reincarnate. If you give your chao the potion if its not happy enough to actually reincarnate, it will die, you need to make sure its happy enough to reincarnate much like the natural way to reincarnate the chao.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
TimerBunneh
Egg
Egg
Motto: Grib is best melon lad.

Re: [CWE 9.4.1] Omochao can't reincarnate?

Post by TimerBunneh »

Roaxes wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:09 pm Honestly never thought about the potion given to character chao or other special chao. I doubt they're intended to reincarnate since there's no "baby" omochao to reincarnate into. But im not fully versed in how the new omochao system works though I did beta test for it. For now I'd just avoid giving the potion to any unique chao such as omochao, egg chao, exc that remain one form pretty much their existence.

Note however, the suspicious bottle forces death/reincarnate. If you give your chao the potion if its not happy enough to actually reincarnate, it will die, you need to make sure its happy enough to reincarnate much like the natural way to reincarnate the chao.
Really? I thought it was a quick and easy reincarnate, not both reincarnate and death. (It makes sense, though.) Thanks for the tip!
Timer | she/her/hers
:hero: Grib - hero/fly/normal
:darkwalk: Kosmo - dark/run/tbd