Fusion's Chao Editer...still broke my game?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
PixieTime
Egg
Egg

Fusion's Chao Editer...still broke my game?

Post by PixieTime »

So... It's been two years.

I uninstalled the game, I deleted all the files from my computer, and I waited two years. Today, I decided to check again.

And...every time I enter the chao garden, my game crashes.

This time, I decided to do a display capture with OBS so you all can get the full picture. Hopefully I can figure this out- I'd like to raise chao again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cCrJqP ... sp=sharing

Also, I just checked- the hero and dark gardens work fine. I was able to interact with my chao and pet them, everyone was accounted for. It's just the first garden that's broken. After a fresh install. Is it possible the editor messed up something deeper within the files?
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: Fusion's Chao Editer...still broke my game?

Post by Roaxes »

Are you playing with a heavily modded version of game? For example with the Chao World Extended mod?
Its no longer suggested you use FCE with mods such as that, it has lost support due to lack of updates and has now been replaced by "Krzys2's Chao Editor".

If you are playing in a very vanilla or unmodded game, FCE shouldn't be causing crashes however.
If this is the case are there ANY chao in the gardens? See if you're able to enter without any chao in the gardens, and if you are, start adding them one by one back in until you find the crash causer.
If this still doesn't work, you might have to get a completely new chao garden file, see if it crashes upon entering and readd your old chao assuming you've exported them out.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
PixieTime
Egg
Egg

Re: Fusion's Chao Editer...still broke my game?

Post by PixieTime »

How do I get a new chao garden file? I mentioned in my post 3 years ago that I moved everyone out and the neutral garden is completely empty. I also have no mods installed- I remember wanting CE to work but it never seemed to work. I even deleted the mod launcher- nothing.

At this point, its been three years; I don't really care about preserving my old chao. If I have to make a clean slate to fix this, then so be it.