Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 12-27-09)

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SuperTailz
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 10-21-09)

Post by SuperTailz »

Um...I have a question.....is it possible...on a memory card, if you switch them, for the data to get mixed up? Because, I switched my memory card for SA2B, and...my chao was..*sob sobb* GONE!
chowchow48
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by chowchow48 »

If you mean switch from slot to slot? MY answer is no, unless you happened to damage it on the way. Or switch while in game? Don't ever do that.
SuperTailz
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperTailz »

I..s-switched it...WHILE IN GAAAME! IM SOO RETARTED! erm. Sorry.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

Drouge87 wrote:How can I make a blitz chao?
wait a minute, hasn't Crazo pointed out too many times that the "Blitz" chao is no such thing? :thinking:

anyway i have a question:

how many normal fruits on the PC version of SADX does it take to fill up a non-big eater and a big-eater?
SuperTailz
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperTailz »

Hmmm...I would say, if I was answering, I would say...about 2 fruits for big eater and small eater, hmmm...maybe 1. But if I'am wrong...slap me. :darkno:
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

^ I mean a starving chao, sorry for leaving out the details.
SuperTailz
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperTailz »

Oh...probably 3, 4, maybe even 5. If it get's full, don't feed it anymore, or it will get a stomach ache. Like what happened to Charon, my special Chao.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

JmTsHaW wrote:wait a minute, hasn't Crazo pointed out too many times that the "Blitz" chao is no such thing? :thinking:
That;'s his opinion. my opinion is that it's just a frigging nickname and he overreacts to it.

Guys, this topic is NOT for your own questions. This is for people to read before asking, and if need arises, for you to post adding your own.
SuperTailz
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperTailz »

Huh? I'm confused. So this is just for answering questions?
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

First time in recorded history that a question in this FAQ is not added, but altered!

This question was false/did not show the whole answer
My chao's swim was the lowest of all it's stats, and yet it evolved into a swim chao! What happened!?
When you raise your chao enough for it to swim, it has a 75% chance of becoming a swim chao. Don't teach it to swim until it evolves. Don't worry, if it goes into the pool without you placing it there, it won't dislike that character.
When in fact, this is only one scenario, and has false information, so, it's been replaced with this:
My chao's (Stat) was the lowest of all it's stats, and yet it evolved into a (Previous Stat) chao! What happened!?
No matter how high your chao is in a stat, the stat given to it last has a greater influence over it's evolution.
For instance, swim is the lowest, but Power is the highest. Power is 50, swim is 12. If you gave the chao Swim second, it has a higher chance of evolving into a swim chao.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Chao FAQ (Read Before Posting) (Last Updated 12-27-09)

Post by Drouge »

Stat Glitch question removed, as the information is on the main site now.
ZeroGravix
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by ZeroGravix »

How do I do the "Ring Glitch"?
First, you choose an item (any item, can be a fruit, hat, seed, eggshell) and put it in a garden and save the game.
Then, pick up the item and go to the Black Market.
Sell the item but do not press any buttons after you hear the "Ka-ching!"
Press and hold X, B, And start.
When you go back in, you will have the rings, and the item, allowing you to do this many times (I recommend practicing on nuts from the trees)
Does this work in SADX? :thinking:
Fuzzy Chaos
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Fuzzy Chaos »

ZeroGravix wrote:
First, you choose an item (any item, can be a fruit, hat, seed, eggshell) and put it in a garden and save the game.
When you go back in, you will have the rings, and the item, allowing you to do this many times (I recommend practicing on nuts from the trees)
i would very much like to know too if any 1 wants to test it real quick as i dont see it anywhere
My Chao Website in construction: http://fuzzychaos.webs.com/
ImageImageImageImage
Dama
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Dama »

Dama wrote:
Fuzzy Chaos wrote:
ZeroGravix wrote:
i would very much like to know too if any 1 wants to test it real quick as i dont see it anywhere
This works, yeah, but X,B, And Start might not work out since you have to hold them.
I just press reset at the ka-ching! Noise. It works great on SA2B.
But it doesn't work on SADX.
(13:37:54) Riku: @ Dama: I did the toothpaste trick, I even freaking showered with it and cleaned it with soap and shampoo
Chaosky
Egg
Egg

Post by Chaosky »

I have X amount of Emblems but the Black Market won't sell me this egg!
With every file there are some eggs that are more rare than others. Like with me. I have almost every Shiny egg but I have never seen a Green egg. This Page Shows you all the eggs and as far as I know the average rarity.
So, about this one...this seems to be the situation I'm stuck in, having done the market inventory refresh trick about 200 times and not once seeing a shiny yellow, shiny pink, shiny purple, green, shiny green, blue, or shiny blue egg. Or shiny black, obviously, but I attribute that one to being super rare and all that.
In the meantime I've found both omochao and amy's themes (if those are any indication of rarity) but the problem is I'm gunning for a shiny purple chao to make a good chaos 0 looking chao.
So my question is this...what workarounds are there for this? Is the rarity set, or determined per individual game? Would starting a new file and a new garden reshuffle rarity? To save myself the pain of getting 70 emblems again, could a start a new file with a new garden then delete the new file and move a 141 emblem game over to the card with the new garden and gain benefits? (That's assuming the egg data is tied to the chao file, which seems a safe assumption). Anyone know any of these? Thanks a bunch...hopefully posting in the sticky thread on a sticky question isn't a huge nono or anything...

Also, as far as I could tell the ring glitch isn't that picky in SA2:B for gamecube. The glitch basically plays off the fact that chao and chao items are saved with chao data (which is only saved if you pause and exit or exit through the main hub area), but rings and game data is likely saved instantly for changes like ring data. So you can actually do all sorts of stuff (buy and raise a whole chao, technically) after doing the glitch, but nothing you do in the chao garden will have any effect if you restart or reset since you're not saving chao data. It also works in reverse, making you LOSE rings if you don't exit properly after buying and placing an item from the shop in a garden...this happened with one of those 20k wool hats, huge pain. But maybe this is a matter of sa2 for dreamcast, in which case, disregard this
Slash Crash
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Slash Crash »

ok so say you want your chao to be a fly chao or something like that it has level 99 fly and you give it a swim animal or something like that then a fly animal what would be more likely the chao turning into a fly chao or swim chao?
slashin and crashin
Renaethecat
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Renaethecat »

^ It all depends on what it was given last. For this reason, I would just only give the baby chao animals of the stat that you want it to evolve into, or give it to it last in a large supply. Though, if you only gave it one animal of another type, I highly doubt it would evolve into that type, unless it gained a level and points. I doubt one animal is all of a sudden going to make it evolve into that type. So I think it would evolve into a fly chao.

@ Chaosky: Some files don't have certain eggs in stock, for whatever reason. You'd have to start a new game file to get eggs you've never seen before.
Master_havoc
Egg
Egg

Post by Master_havoc »

been playing this game for years now (even dreamcast ver.) and have never gotten a "Evil Frown" face on a chao, is there some sort of formula to increase the chances of getting it, or something? I'm starting to doubt its existance.
rubs
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by rubs »

i have a question my chao stefan is 4 i gived him chaos drives and nothing it took me months to make my chao through second evolution now he reincarnated it must work now
Image Image Image
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

This topic is NOT for you to ask questions of your own, that's what the entire forum is for. This is just to see of your issue is common before you do ask, and to point out mistakes in the answers.
Hikafire
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Hikafire »

I took my chao to the doc and wat he said is. Hehe... Uh oh this dosent look good, your chao is very healthy. Should I be worried.
Hero of Purest Purple (Color Code: BF00FF)
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

Hikafire wrote:I took my chao to the doc and wat he said is. Hehe... Uh oh this dosent look good, your chao is very healthy. Should I be worried.
No, that's just one of the random phrases the doctor can say. It's supposed to be a little silly.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

This a sticky that is apparently mandatory (or at least advised, given the title) to read before we post. Ironically, I never did until now, and I doubt many others do, but I would like to point out that some of the things posted on the first post, that is meant to be read, are wrong.

It uses incorrect beliefs on how to raise luck and intelligence,
Its advice on Transparent/Translucent chao is flawed, to an extent,
It gives incorrect advice on chao evolution,
Among other things.

Now, since this is an advised read, I think it is very important to clear it up. I am aware that Drouge is also not very active, and may not edit the first post, so alternatives include making a new one, and/or getting rid of this one's sticky status.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

Or you can just get someone who is actually active to update it.

Also, hi, I respond to posts 8 months too late.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: I just ate dinner for breakfast!

Post by Canpaw »

Drouge wrote:
How do I raise intelligence/luck?
To raise intelligence give your chao BLUE backgrounded animals.
To raise luck give them ORANGE Backgrounded animals.
There is no way to see your chaos stats in these areas. These are only tested in the races in how fast your chao opens the jack-in the box , how often they fall in holes, how accurate they are in the shapes puzzle and if that black thing is in the box.
I thought every animal raises intelligence and luck? Am I wrong?
a