If you could tell your past selves 3 things...

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

If you could tell your past selves 3 things...

Post by CasualCollision »

If you could go back in time and tell your past selves 3 things (because choosing 1 would be too hard), whether it be out of mercy or for pain, what would they be? You and your past selves will be completely separate entities on completely separate timelines. All timelines are fixed, meaning that the timelines will go along exactly as yours, except with your past selves knowing. Your past selves will go on with life doing the same actions as you did and facing the same consequences as you did. The only difference is that they see it coming.

On a side question, what would you want your future self to tell you for reassurance?

---

Past timeline 1: Go back to my awful Elementary School days to tell me 10 year old self that everything's going to be much better, and that you'll be taken out of school for the better in 2 and a half years from now.

Past timeline 2: Tell my 7 year old self after angrily watching a G3 My Little Pony commercial that I will one day become a big fan of My Little Pony, and show off my pony merch as proof, taunting him with it, and then remark snootily "So in truth, they will be in your heart." (I used to childishly scream at the TV "I WILL NEVER BE IN YOUR HEART!" after hearing G3's slogan "You will always be in my heart.")

Past timeline 3: Tell my Middle School self that the majority of your school 'friends' are a bunch of huge prickish snots, and that they're a horrible influence on him. Not only that, but tell him that all his decent friends from before Middle will look mediocre compared to the great friends he will have when he's older.

Future self to tell me: Tell me truthfully that I will one day make great works of art, and that I will make a good living off of doing it.

---
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: If you could tell your past selves 3 things...

Post by Kausa »

Past timeline 1: I'd tell my 14 year old self the boy she was about to fall for would cheat on her for years, abuse her, and hurt her worse than any other person in her life. I'd warn her against dating him, but she still would.

Past timeline 2: I'd also tell my 14 year old self to never start self harming. Its not worth it.

Past timeline 3: I'd tell my 18 year old self a month from graduation to get her stuff together! Don't waste your life.

It'd be really cool of my future self to give me some tips, I'm pretty stuck where I am right now...
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Go back to tell my 4-5 year old self (or at least my parents), that I should keep all my video game cases and cartridges safe, give them to my parents and never throw them away, this includes boxes the games come in, accessories, consoles and much much more.

Go back to my 11 year old self, and tell him how Secondary School will turn, out and to avoid things that went bad, and things that were too hilarious and must be recorded.

Go back to myself a month ago, and tell him all the lottery numbers, that will occur over the next month or so.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

1. Stop being stupid
2. Grow up, idiot
3. Sell all your stuff on eBay to pay for college or something and get your god damn homework done you mindless oaf
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Tell my.... however-old-I-was-when-that-gun-rack-fell-on-my-head-self to go outside and catch toads instead of sleeping on the couch that night. If I got tired, I will tell me, I can go over to grandma's and take a nap there.

Tell my.... however-old-I-was-when-hurricane-katrina-happened-self to pack more stuff up when I leave because the house is going away.

Tell my self five mintues ago to watch where I'm going because I just busted my toe open. Ouch, sweet mother in heaven....
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
SilverAndBlaze
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by SilverAndBlaze »

I would warn my 9 year-old self that his supposed best friend at the time was trouble and he should cut off all ties with him.

I would warn my 11 year-old self about the hole he is going to fall into and damage his leg.

I would warn my 14 year-old self that he shouldn't trust the girl who says she liked him, who will only humiliate him later.

I would like my future self to give me some comfort about my A-Level results, which i'm scared of. I have only just chosen a Sixth form school.

Luck is just talent spelled backwards. Actually it's not, but it sounded good when I thought of it.
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Tell my 5 year old self that someday you'll get over it.

Tell my 11 year old self I'm so freaking proud of you because you got through it all alright. Things will get better and you'll be happier after you move houses.

Tell my 14 year old self hey guess what. You'll be doing things you thought you'd never ever do, and worst of all, you're gonna like it. Have fun darling.

And I'd want my future self to tell me if I got through high school and if I someday get a job I love.
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

I wouldn't tell him anything. Everything in my life no matter how trivial, created a wake in my life that has turned out for the best, granted I'm anything but perfect, however I I'm happy with my life, and the bad or rather unwise choices I have made, because it all worked out in the end and lead me to discover things that otherwise I would have judged people for while maintaining oblivious to life entirely.
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: time5bed

Post by Kyo »

Corvo wrote:1. Stop being stupid
2. Grow up, idiot
These, and I would tell my 7-year-old self to not let my brother persuade me into letting one of his friends "borrow" our gamecube memory card, gc/gba link cable, Pokemon Emerald and Leaf Green because I would never see all the aforementioned items ever again.
Siggy-sig
siggy
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

To reiterate guys. Warning/telling something won't make a difference. Your past self will still be immature and stupid until he/she will mature and wise up just like you did, and the bad decisions you made will be the exact same decisions your past self will make, regardless of what you tell them. Lastly, regardless of what your future self tells you, you will do the exact same things your future self did, proving any advice to be rather useless. All 4 (or 5 counting your future self) time lines will be completely identical, with the only exceptions being what each separate you knows.

The whole point of telling your past selves things is to tell your past selves the future whilst facing no consequences whatsoever in any of the universes.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

*Head explodes*
1.Go on this website called Chao Island
2.Play video games more often
3.Don't cry
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

TheMayorOfChaopolis wrote:The whole point of telling your past selves things is to tell your past selves the future whilst facing no consequences whatsoever in any of the universes.
I don't understand how that would be possible. The future self would cause changes to the past timeline as soon as they arrive, even if incredibly minor.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

^This is all hypothetical as time travel itself. I know this would be far from the case if you were to actually go back in time to talk to your past selves, and consequences would indeed have to be dealt with.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

don't speak at all to any adults during elementary school, it'll save your parents a headache.
wouldn't matter anyway because you're destined to move, so...
also maybe be a little more thoughtful of your words.

otherwise i'm pretty ok with everything.
eboy's seme
skwid79
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by skwid79 »

At 11: listen to some thrash and other metal, Its great.
In 2010: watch MLP
In 2008: play fallout

Mostly I wish I would have done things earlier.
Message me on Discord if you so please at skwid79#4016
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Poseidon »

at these ages, i would tell myself these things.
12: no
13: stop
14: STOP
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

1) Go back to myself at the beginning of high school and say "Don't worry about anything, things are going to get so much better for you, also go on a diet"
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

1. stop being so lazy
2. get off the Internet
3. be attracted to normal people
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

1. Second Grade: If you ever feel stupid, just remember that your test scores are helping keep this school from sucking.

2. Sixth Grade: Emo and Scene is goddamn stupid and you should seriously stop idolizing those dicks.

3. Seventh Grade: You know that one kid in your science class? The one in the red jacket? He becomes one of your best friends.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
.G.
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by .G. »

1. don't join chao island
2. seriously don't
3. listen to me
i'm goron.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

To my 14 year old self, don't bother with the goth chick.

To my 15 year old self, don't bother with the 18 year old.

To my 16 year old self, don't bother with the girl from the anime club, no good can come from it.

To myself on 9/28/2012, stop letting your mom now and from now on walking Princess without her leash
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by wic. »

Poseidon wrote:at these ages, i would tell myself these things.
12: no
13: stop
14: STOP
pretty much.
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

I'd tell my 10 year old me to stop using 26 smileys in one post hhhhh
I'd tell my 12 year old me to look for friends and not wear heelys at school at all
I'd tell my 13 year old me to always say goodbye as it might be the last time you do.
shadow is BEAST
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by shadow is BEAST »

I would tell my 7year old self "don't break up with her"
My 10 year old self "be careful opening doors you can slice your foot open"
And my 14 year old self "don't talk to the 21 year old chick she's a pedophile"
Ian:come at me and I'll blast you to the stratosphere
fury:darkness never dies
Ben:engineer coming thru
Jessica:Me and kyro together forever
Shadow:MY SANDWICH!!!
Jak_3_chao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Jak_3_chao »

age 3 dont fight over a purple sparklely come so sister wont brake you left leg after kicking you off a bunkbed
age 4 dont set back borch on fire (BAD IDEA)
age 11 dont steal those $10 from the bully at school in Alabama

I am a Dimantional Quamtom thriest and all of this could of not happened
for all those dunnies that don't know what Dimantional Quamtom therie is. it means that every action you make there is a universe made to where you never made that choice there are 3.121592692165... dementions out there and each person has that amount mulitplied by their age and actions they made in their lives
Sorry for spelling I suck at it today
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz. GO Team Eupher
the minecraft Greifers