Games Canon Game 5 - Results In

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Re: Games Canon Game 5 - Results In

Post by Enzo03 »

Corvo wrote:
Enzo03 wrote:Kill Corvo.
As much as I like Crazy Taxi, I don't think my descendants will know about it. Hell, most people today don't know about it.
Die.
Last edited by Enzo03 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

I have learned to take hatred and convert it to fuel my journey to the stars.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Enzo03 »

To clarify a little, I'm wondering at what point does the fact that something is well-known or popular or stays well-known or popular make it intrinsically better? See: Call of Duty, EA*, World of Warcraft imitators, Microsoft Windows, Naruto, One Piece, YOLOSWAG, postmodern art, Pepsi, autotuned pop music, and Justin Bieber.
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

It's a game that the majority of people, casual and non-casual alike, can admit to enjoying, pleasing both comic-fans and superhero-movie fans.

It took all the great aspects of Arkham Asylum and made them much better, as well as one of the prettiest looking open worlds. It had several sidequests, replay value, and a combat system that was easy to use but hard to master. It was satisfying.

You got to see several characters that had great designs and individual arcs to follow. Even after finishing one of the longer, better, modern storylines in an open world gmae, there were side quests to do, riddler trophies to find, people to save, thugs to beat up, and challenge maps. The city had lots of hidden secrets that you didn't need to find during random parts of the game that would fill you in on what happened and lore to read up on.

Finally, City made you feel like you were actually Batman. You could appear out of nowhere and take people out in a second, jam their guns, freeze them to the floor, toss smokeguns and have their friends freak out when half their crew is gone after it clears, knock them over with batarangs, or pull them up on a gargoyle.

It's something that people in twenty years will talk about and still be enjoyable. CoD will be remembered as something defining for the generation, though it's heavy multiplayer focus will render it unplayable in a couple years. EA will only be remembered for getting worst company in America multiple times, killing IPs, and that's about it. Though that's probably not a good reason since Crazy Taxi will be playable in twenty years, but be very obscure.

I wanted to include City on the list, though I felt anything below 7 was way too much, and I was certain someone would have better picks than Portal 2/Paper Mario. I don't even want to dream about what would happen if I killed Eternal Darkness.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Enzo03 wrote:One Piece
But One Piece is awesome.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I'm just happy that 5 wasn't touched after my initial entry.

Also, Corvo. As much as I love BAM HAM, it doesn't really deserve a spot on this list. While both games are good in their own right, Crazy Taxi is just better.

It's hard to explain without sounding like a Nostalgiafag, but this is a list about the 10 best games, even though that game is brilliant, Crazy Taxi is just superior in different games. You can't really compare the two.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

gosh that list is so stupid that it's funny
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Games Canon Game 5 - In Progress

Post by eblu »

Batty wrote:Who remembers when the word simulator didn't instantly make you think of EA?
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

He means simulation games with substance.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Animal Crossing is a simulation game in the most basic sense. Nothing you are simulating has any real depth because the nuances of the activities are either watered down or not present. It has more in common with sandbox games than it does simulators. Not that that is bad. I'm speaking about early SimCity/Civilization/flight/etc. grade simulators, to clarify.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Pic. v2.0
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Pic. v2.0 »

I wish i could participate
Twerk

(10:06:43) Pic._v2.0: DUMP BUCKETS OF PISS ON HER WHEN SHE IS SLEEPING
(10:07:02) Pic._v2.0: AND THEN PUT HER HAND IN HOT WATER
(10:07:13) Dr._Roivas: pic is a fan of urine related vengeance
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

You could have, had you signed up when it had been open to joins :')
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Enzo03 »

Animal Crossing isn't a game that says "Simulator" to me, though I have never played an Animal Crossing game (it doesn't appeal to me and I do not have any systems on which any Animal Crossing games are except the Gamecube; I think there's a Gamecube AC game), so I have no idea what kind of game it is. If it is a simulator, then simulators range from stuff like that to stuff like...

Wtf is that? Oh nothing, just a flight sim from 1995 which decided the best way to model flight dynamics was to... you know, just simulate the atmosphere and how everything interacts with it. There's no kill like overkill after all.

Oh and please don't take me too seriously, especially about the Corvo must die stuff.

But really, Corvo, die.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

^They had that game in one of my classes in middle school that was pretty much the equivalent of 'wood shop' but had a lot of other stuff like robotics and other such activities in it too. I forget it's name. Been quite a while. I wanted to play the flight simulator but I never got to! D:

Animal Crossing is technically a community type social simulation game, a subsection of life simulation. However, compared to others like Harvest Moon and the Sims, it's pretty bare bones. In Harvest Moon you have to do things to build up relationships with the other people in town through gift giving and such, making it only mildly more complicated, however the characters all have a unique personality and respond to you based on what kind of gifts you give them. The other aspects of the game have more to them, mainly farming. While Animal Crossing's only challenge is 'earn bells', 'spend bells', 'decorate house, 'talk to animals who are going to pretty much love you no matter what and repeat the same things really quickly'. Heck the only thing that seems to work behind the scenes where you can't control it at all is which random visitor shows up, what the stalk market prices are, who moves into your town, what villager requests what decoration (in NL), and the Grass Deterioration. None of which are that great of features. All of which are pretty annoying if you're looking for something specific/don't want to lose all your grass.

Social aspects in both AC and HM are duplo blocks compared to the sims though, which not only allows you to become friends, lovers, or hated enemies with people, it also has different interactions based on those relationships and whether or not they're in your family. It has you managing every aspect of a sim's life from waking up and using the restroom to whether or not they should be an architect, scentist, or doctor and whether or not they should have their baby in the hospital or stay at home.

Animal Crossing is pretty much the least complicated and casual form of life simulator I know of. Heck, Magician's Quest Mysterious times is more in-depth because your classmates' are all original characters and don't fall into the same 8 'personalities' meaning that besides their idol chit-chat lines, when they actually get personal with you, they each have unique, character specific dialogue. Oh, and you can actually build up more than just casual friends with them. You get closer and closer until you can date them (if they're the opposite gender than you anyway. So far sims is the only remotely progressive simulator I've played in the lesbian/gay relationships department).

So yeah, Animal Crossing would never belong on a list like this. If we were gonna put the most genre setting life simulator, the Sims would curb stomp animal crossing.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz