The Great CI Quiz Race!{Race 3: Education GP(Race2Results!)}

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race! {Forming Teams!}

Post by Flame »

So can our team be called something like 'Two Britons, One Anime' or something?

*Suggests team name for Retro and Fox at the last minute*
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race! {Forming Teams!}

Post by SkyGinge »

Christmas came early: here is the first batch of questions!

1. The Nintendo Grand Prix!

Factual Questions: (knowledge tested)
1. When was Nintendo Founded?
2. What is their best selling console?

Opinion Questions: (reasoning tested)
3. What do you think Nintendo should do for their next home console and why? Also, what do you think they should do to avoid massive losses like this time?
4. What do you think is the best Mario game and why?

Obscurity Questions: (explanation/lolz tested)
5. What is the funniest moment you have experienced in a Mario game?
6. Name an obscure Nintendo character who has been in more than one game.

Guesswork Questions: (jammyness tested)
7. How many games do I have on my Wii-U?
8. What is my ranking on Mario Kart 7? (I'll give you a clue: I play quite a lot)

Remember, you may not collaborate with other people: your answers must be as individuals. Please PM your answers as soon as possible: you have until Friday to do so. Good luck! You can't resend your answers once you've sent them off too, so make sure you're happy with them. I say Friday, but honestly the sooner the best because then Incan release the next quiz and begin writing the race out.

Those who still need definitive Team-names and such, please sort that out for Friday as well. I'd suggest that Eboy, Ommy and Mewtamer make their team colours purple at Mewtamer's original request, just to avoid extra hassle. Danke: have fun.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race! {Race 1. The Nintendo GP!}

Post by SkyGinge »

Double post: just a reminder to those who missed the early start last night that Race 1 is now active. So far 5/14 people have put in their answers, and the sooner the better for me so anytime soon is great. Thank you!

EDIT: That number is now 8/14: the people who we are waiting for are Retro, Fox, Roivas, TITU, Snowy and Choco.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Just a reminder that today is yor last chance to submit answers. Quite a lot of you have yet to do so, now really is the last chance.

Funky stuff:
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Sorry, I was busy with school.
I'll submit the answers soon.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

No prob, just as long as you send them before tomorrow

EDIT: Now we're at 10/14, which is good as it means all people who answered will get points :)

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Well, the results have been collected and I have finished the race! Beforehand, I took Flame's decision and made their team name "Two Brits, One Animé, and their colour green, and the remaining three "Mix and Match Marauders", with their colour red. Here we go! If you just wanna see the results then just scroll to the bottom.

The summer sun shines softly down on island paradise that is Chao Island. Of course, it's only natural that the heavens should honour such a prestigious event: the first race in the CIQR season! The location? The Nintendo Circuit, a track on one side of the huge gaming tower in central Chaopolis.

On the grid, our drivers have arrived, flanked by their extensive setup crews. On the front row sits our poleman, Ommy, his red Marauders vehicle decorated with a variety of egg related sponsors. Beside him, one of the pre-season favourites, Batty. In his sky blue suit and single seater, F1 style like the rest of them, his friendly smile beams out into the crowds. In the crowd, PinkIceFox cheers loudly.

Behind them, Batty's teammate Techno sits third alongside the emerald Brit 'n' Anime car of Retro. The third row holds the young Beam in her azure gear with another favourite, the intelligent Mewtamer, of the Marauders. Then, Mewtamer's teammate Eboy and the British Flame. Row five holds the final Yolomeister, Choco, and the first orange car of the Sunshine warriors, belonging to Dr. Roivas. Next back, two drivers eager to swiftly get further up the field, Mamkute and Fox Boy. And holding up the rear, TITU alongside the final backmarker, Snowy. Still, this order is very likely to change as we have no idea as to who to expect at the front.

The crowds cheers will the cars off on their formation lap, giving the TV cameras the perfect chance to review the course. After a short first straight, the track takes a sharp right followed by a sharp left, the pair of corners nicknamed the "Nintendo N" after the shape they make. Following this, the cars make their way ground a long, wide corner nicknamed "Luigi's Nose". This is succeeded by a series of swift chicanes collectively called the "Mario M". The cars finally get the chance to gather a little speed on a short straight leading up to the trickiest part of the course, a set of tight turns called the "Triforce Turns". The technical part over, the drivers are rewarded with a long thrilling straight heading up to a short final turn. There are no scheduled pits as this is only a twelve lap race.

Formation lap completed, the cars sit on the grid, engines ready and hands prepared on the clutch. In the audience, Nacho, Citrus and the rest of the Chao RPers cheer for Beam and Snowy. Then silence falls as the starting tension rises, everybody wondering what chaos could unfold at the first turn.

One light. Two lights. Three lights. Four lights. Five Lights. Pause. Lights out! And away they go!

Everybody gets a fine start and a clean get away. Both front-runners have started well but behind them Techno has got off to a flying start! The Yolomeister squeezes his way between the front row starters and, as they brake for the sharp first turn, manages to slingshot himself round the outside of inside man Batty for the lead! Techno leads from Batty, and behind them follows a chain of cars. Another fast starter is another one of the Yolomeisters, Choco, who is now right up on the back of Beam, who was passed by Mewtamer at the beginning. But behind them, a loud crunch as large pieces of carbon fibre fly off into the run off area of the corner. As thick engine smoke clears, three stationary cars are revealed: Fox, Roivas and Flame! The entire front of Fox's car is mangled, his front right wheel missing. It appears that Mamkute and Eboy were caught in the incident too, as the pair of them have lost places to TITU and Snowy, both sneaking through behind Choco. It looks like we've already lost three cars, but wait! Flame, who looks relatively unscathed compared to the others, has managed to start his car again! He is still in this, although he'll certainly have a lot of ground to recover. An angry looking Roivas climbs out of his car, followed by an equally frustrated Fox Boy. The pair argue their way off the track: their races are over.

Back with the racers, the order is unchanged as they head up to the Triforce Turns. The train of cars is largely bunched up, save for Eboy and Flame who are a little off. Respectfully, it looks like nobody has tried any risky manoeuvres since the first corner incident. Yet, as they file through the first Triforce Turn, Choco dives down the inside of Beam, her bravery rewarding her with another place. The cars continue down the main straight, well on the way to lap two!

Replays are now showing that Fox made a fast get away, getting right up to the back of Roivas. But as they turned, he failed to brake fast enough and slammed into the back of the Sunshine Warrior, charging them off the track and spinning Flame alongside way. This forced Eboy very wide and slowed Mamkute, allowing the back-markers through.

Back to the present, and Techno already has a comfortable lead over Batty, who is under pressure from Ommy in third. They dash through the first part of the Nintendo N, hitting the kerbs with expert precision. Perhaps too precisely though in Beam's case: she goes wide and allows TITU and Snowy through, the pair having now made very good ground from their back of the grid start. As the cranes lift the two crashed cars out of the circuit, Techno turns the first Triforce corner. A feisty Retro attempts a rash manoeuvre down the inside of Ommy but times it too late, collecting him and driving both of them off track, also forcing Batty wide. As the pair grind to a halt, Retro desperately pushes on the throttle, but to no avail. He is out!

Some people manage to find fortune in this chaos though: Mewtamer and Choco use the opportunity to make their way up to second and third respectfully. As Batty rejoins the track, he finds himself alongside TITU, who pulls away at the next turn, leaving him to face off with Snowy. Lucky enough to continue, Ommy has unfortunately lost a lot of positions, slotting in behind the recovering Mamkute who is now right on the tail of the struggling Beam. Still tustling, Snowy and Batty drive neck-a-neck down the final straight but the more experienced older driver takes the inside line and finally gets the edge on his younger contemporary.

As Techno leads away into Lap Three, Flame has finally caught up to Eboy at the back, passing him with far superior speed on the final straight. The scoreboard lights up as he passes the finish line: fastest lap. Where did that come from? Further up the field, Batty is absolutely flying like a jet propelled rendition of his namesake. He overtakes TITU round the Mario M, the pair jostling for position for a short while before the elder getting the edge. He proceeds to get right up to the back of his teammate Choco as Mamkute pulls off an identical move to take Beam on the M. The pack is ridiculously bunched up at the moment: there are only seconds separating second down to eighth! As such, Batty is able to out-speed and outrun his teammate Choco for third on the straight and catch right up to the tail of Jeffrey Mewtamer ahead! With that speed, could he take them all? As they whizz past the finish line, Mamkute too is right behind Snowy! At the back, Ommy's car is clearly suffering from some kind of damage from his collision with Retro (by the way, Brits 'n' Anime have confirmed that the incident was caused by a minor break failure for Retro), and the speedy Flame has got past him.

Onto Lap Four now, and away from the chaotic beginning. Techno is establishing a comfortable lead ahead of the struggling Mewtamer in second, who has a fierce Batty on his tail. The air of them swing around the Luigi Nose, Batty's momentum allowing his to draw level with the Marauder and take him at the first Mario M, bringing him up to second! Still mirroring the bat, Mamkute pulls of an identical overtake on Snowy for sixth. Wait! There's a car off: it's Beam at the Nintendo N. She's obviously span herself at the Apex and lost a lot of time: for whatever reason she just can't get the hang of that turn. This means that Flame has got ahead of her, and he now has clean air to plough through to get to his next target: Snowy! As we move onto the fifth lap!

TechnoGeisha leads the pack through once more, still getting further and further away from the now second places Batty, who is still close with Mewtamer. Mewtamer is now under pressure from Choco, who is now thinking of tasty third place as they drive towards the Triforce Turns. She risks a lunge down his inside, but they clash and go wide! No damage is done, but once again sneaky TITU squeezes by followed by a rapid Mamkute, the pair up to third and fourth. Further back, Flame is continuing his recovery charge as he passes a falling Snowy round the Luigi Nose. He is now up to seventh.

Onto Lap Six, and Mamkute has got his eyes on a podium position, really pressuring TITU ahead of him. As the pair arrive at the Nintendo N, he outbreaks his rival, gifting him the better racing line for the next corner and third place! His next target is Batty, who hasn't been able to gain any ground on race leader Techno. Meanwhile, the incident between Mewtamer and Choco has meant that Flame has now caught right up to the back of them! Still cooped up behind Mewtamer, Choco attempts the same move as last time but this time it goes even worse: she forces him into a spin as she rolls off track, stalling. Choco is out! As Mewtamer realigns his car and manages to continue, Flame has had an easy way past the both of them!

We are now halfway through the race. TechnoGeisha leads from Batty and Mamkute as we get to Lap Seven. Mamkute has now reached his prized Bat, running right behind him as they traverse the Nintendo N. Mamkute slingshots himself past Mr Bat on Luigi's Nose, but Batty recovers to snatch back to place on the Mario M. Neck-a-neck they go through the Triforce Turns until finally Mamkute manages to get the better of him on the straight, taking second. Behind them, Snowy makes a hash of the corners, running very wide and losing a lot of ground to Mewtamer in front. At the back, Beam has span herself as her worst nightmare, the Nintendo N, allowing Ommy and Eboy to pass as we arrive on lap eight.

The order stays pretty stationary this time around, with two-four still very close. As the end of the lap looms, TITU is the next person to eye up Batty's position and take it in identical fashion to Mamkute, having obviously seen in done the previous lap. He is now up to third! At the back, it looks like Eboy has finally found his pace as he takes Ommy with a magnificent sweeping move on the Triforce. The next lap is equally uneventful, with the main attraction being the revived Eboy, now storming his way around the circuit. He finally catches Snowy at Luigi's Nose, the pair tussling wildly until eventually Snowy is forced to give in, gifting Eboy seventh.

Lap Ten now, and Flame is the next driver in trouble. He's lost a lot of time in the recent laps and it appears that he pushed his tyres too hard in his recovery dash. Mewtamer has recovered to catch him and, with an easy move on the tired Brit, Mewtamer takes fifth at the Triforce. At the front, Batty has began to drop away from TITU in third, his tired probably tired too, but the youngster still has fire in his veins. He has closed the gap even shorter to Mamkute in second, and looks like the faster driver. However, Mamkute will do everything in his power to make the overtake difficult. The only other real action at the moment is that a determined Snowy is still baring down on a now weak looking Eboy, hunting for his seventh back.

We are now onto the final lap, with Techno looking at a comfortable win and early points lead. But behind him, TITU has really pulled his socks up and draws level with Mamkute as they tech the Nintendo N. Grabbing the inside line, he takes perhaps a surprising second that it looks like weary Mamkute won't be able to reclaim. Later, Snowy does the same thing to Eboy, reclaiming seventh.

And so, heading down the final straight comes Techno, a rightful winner. He really hasn't put a foot wrong and made the technical track look like driving Baby Park.

TechnoGeisha wins the Nintendo GP!

The fans go wild: he is a popular victor. Behind him, an ecstatic TITU comes home second whilst Mamkute claims the final podium spot. A distant Batty trundles home a safe fourth, and it looks safe to say that Mewtamer will get fifth. But drama! He spins his car at the final corner, narrowly avoiding the wall! Frantically he slams on the throttle but he has lost his speed: Flame nips past him to snatch a jammy fifth! Snowy grabs seventh, and Eboy is chased into eight by Ommy, our unlucky pole-sitter, who crept up on Eboy from nowhere but couldn't quite overtake. Last, but not least, Beam gets the final point in tenth.

Proud and calm, Techno takes his place at the top of the podium. The fans rose as he recieves his trophy. He knows it won't be an easy ride to overall victory though. Grinning, he showers his friends in sweet champagne.

Results:
1. TechnoGeisha (Yolomeisters)
2. ThisIsTheUltimate (Sunshine)
3. Mamkute (FaI)
4. Batty (Yolomeisters)
5. Flame (Brits 'n' Animé)
6. Jeffrey Mewtamer (Marauders)
7. SnowyTimeHero (FaI)
8. Eboy (Marauders)
9. Ommy (Marauders)
10. BeamChao 3.5 (FaI)
Not Classified:
11. Chocolate_Chao (Yolomeisters)
12. RetroLinkx (Brits 'n' Animé)
13. Dr Roivas (Sunshine)
14. Fox Boy (Brits 'n' Animé)

The next quiz, the Sports GP, will be up a little later. I won't reveal the answers for this, but I am going to announce the master of each category (the person who did the best in each section).
Facts Master: Techno
Opinion Master: Flame
Obscurity Master: Techno
Guesswork Master: TITU

I hope you enjoyed, discuss results and such now.

Funky stuff:
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race! {Race 1. The Nintendo GP:RESULTS

Post by Prince Ricard »

FOX DID YOU ****** TOUCH VINCE I'LL ****** KILL YOU

also how did I do good on guesswork? That was the one I was terrified about.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

You got the first one almost right and were second closest on the second one. In general, you were consistently alright, hense why you managed to get second, well done!

Also, everybody who crashed this race didnt send me answers, so yeah.

Funky stuff:
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

not complaining or anything i'm proud of 'em but what made flame's opinions the best
i want to know if there's like a word count or if you were going for opinions that best matched your own or if statistical backing is needed.

also dammit dev what're u doing!!!!! crashin into **** no wonder u failed that permit test
eboy's seme
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I was going for the opinion put across best. Yours were high both times, but Flame's reasoning and level of detail were amazing, and he really put a heck of a lot of effort into his responses. There's not word count or anything, just explaining prowess that both of you had. That's what caused Flame's charge in the middle of the race.

I'll explain how I score it now as well. For the fact and some guess questions, you get 2 points for a correct answer and a varying number of points between 0-2 depending on how close to the answer they were. For the others I rank the answers in order of what I deem best and then for pits like 2.0,1.8,1.6, ECT. So yeah.

Funky stuff:
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

aaah gotcha. that makes sense.
¡way2go flameman!
eboy's seme
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

That race scene was kind of fantastic, and also very all out. Good job on that.

Now sports is going to kick me.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

yea everything mamkute said. the race bit was really cool haha.
and also sports..................

can we like do one of the other topics before sports? i don't think a lot of people here like sports mang.
eboy's seme
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

Thank you! I kinda guessed I'd fail the facts questions because I had to guess both of 'em. *Is kinda unknowledgeable about that sort of thing, yup yup, will likely lead to problems later! Possibly, that is*

Still, more congrats to you for being the master of two parts of the quiz~

Also, I totally agree with Mamkute! That race thing was awesome!

EDIT: Sports is my weak point, and that's before you consider the cultural differences in sport, too
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Ah crap, I didn't know this was going on.

It's why I didn't answer.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Meh. I'll do better in the Sonic GP
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Apologies Retro :( The next quiz starts later today though, so you can remember to answer then.

Also I kinda have all the sports questions made up. I'll think up an alternative subject though if you want seeing as you are right. I had thought that you could all just fail together, but not liking much sport at all kinda inhibits the opinion questions. I'll see what I can do.

Also thanks for complementing the race :') It was rather hurried and took me quite a lot of time but I hope you liked it.

Funky stuff:
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

I am also not a very sportsy person
ahh, well.
I'll do my best.
I'll probably know more than I did on Nintendo...-_-

@Snowy: Won't we both.
peace out ci
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

So what topic would you like instead of Sports? Seeing as I can't think of a particularly good alternative at the moment.

Funky stuff:
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

I think Film would be my preference but honestly Sonic would likely be the most balanced. Even if some of us hate it we all have to have some sort of experience with it.
eboy's seme
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Mmm. Well, I'll probably bring back the sport one at some point, perhaps as the last round for the lolz. Sonic will also be the easiest for me to think of questions of in a whim, so we'll go for that.

Also well done Techno, you dominated.

Funky stuff:
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

yee danke
eboy's seme
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Kk, time for race 2: Sonic GP!

Factual Questions
1. What was the first sonic game not on a Sega Console?
2. How many main series Sonic games have there been?
Opinion Questions
3. Sonic games have been very hit or miss with reviewers. What would you like to see in the next new Sonic game? This includes gameplay elements, plot-line, characters ECT.
4. Should chao return? And if Sega were hellbent on bringing them back, what changes and additions do you think should be made to them to make them more of a hit?
Obscurity Question
5. What is the funniest/trolliest moment ever to happen to you in a Sonic game?
6. Name an obscure Sonic character.(games only, not Archie comics or anything like that)
Guesswork Questions
7. Name in order my top five sonic characters (some can be found on the site in a thread so search go go)
8. How many times have I restarted my chao data and started anew?

Some guidance to some of those who didn't do as well as they were expecting: try to answer any question, no matter what. Some of you just have up on a couple of the questions, but you automatically get nil point for that instead of say 0.something for actually giving it a go. Remember that you're supposed to guess the guesswork questions so don't fret about how you can't answer them. Good luck!

If you're interested in joining then don't worry, it is still open to join all the time, in fact it would be great to have at least one more person seeing as Sunshine Warriors have a slight disadvantage at the moment.

Funky stuff:
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race!{Race 2: Sonic GP(Race 1 Results

Post by Snowy »

For the 2nd question, Only Sonic games right? No Mario & Sonic or Sonic & Sega?