The Great CI Quiz Race!{Race 3: Education GP(Race2Results!)}

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race!{Race 2: Sonic GP(Race 1 Results

Post by SkyGinge »

Yes, no Mario and Sonic/Sonic and Sega. Main series means pure Sonic games like Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Generations.

Also, the deadline for this is on Monday :)
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

give us a bit longer, you gave us like a week last time
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I gave you five days, one more than the four intended. People are on more at the weekend, hense why it is only three days now. Then it will be four days again for the next one as that is midweek. So no. Three days is enough time to put together answers.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

If I may contribute my opinion to the sports topic: I say do it. As many said, we will probably fail, but as you also said, we will all fail together. It is a large enough topic to be a very common topic, even if we are niche outside of that, it doesn't change that a lot of the world does care for it. Of course, it is up to you, I was just expressing a dissenting opinion.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Yeah, I agree, and it'll probably be used as the last round for chaos :')

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

So, seeing as I've only had five PMs so far and three days is a little harsh, I'm extending the deadline till tomorrow. It'd still be good to do it now though, whilst you remember :')

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

So it looks like five is the magic number, you guys can have tomorrow too. I currently have 8/14, which is decent, but there's somewhat contenders yet to PM so yeah.

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Ok, whilst I write up the results of round 2 into a race, here are the questions for round 3: the Education GP (our first non gaming one)!

Factual Questions
1. If you are given that a=5, b=6, c=4 and d=3, use this equation to figure out what e is:
2a+b-2(c-2d)+e=22
2. A puzzle:
There are four Mexican prisoners who are buried in the sand: Pedro, Sergio, Esteban and Rodrigo. There is a tall brick wall in the desert they are buried in. Pedro is buried on one side of the wall facing it, the other three are buried facing the wall on the other side, with Sergio followed by Esteban and then by Rodrigo. Their heads are fixed in place so that Rodrigo can only see Sergio and Esteban in front of him, Esteban can only see Sergio and Sergio and Pedro can only see the wall. Coloured hats are put on their heads, two prisoners getting red hats and two getting blue hats. None of them can see there own hat. They are told that if they can figure out what hat they have on then they can be set free (they are not allowed to talk). Pedro and Esteban are given blue hats, Sergio and Rodrigo are given red hats.
After a few minutes, one prisoner calls out correctly. Who are they and how have they figured out the colour of their hat (points for explanation also).
Opinion Questions
3. What changes would you like to see made to the primary stage of education and why?
4. What is/was your favourite school subject and why?
Obscurity Questions
5. Explain the funniest/saddest/most prominent moment to happen to you in your time at school.
6. Name an obscure and rather odd university course.
Guesswork Questions
7. How many days back have I had at school since the Summer break?
8. Considering I got a B, how many marks out of 80 did I get in my English Literature exam?

You formally have until Monday to send in your answers. Keep up the good work and new members are always welcome!

Funky stuff:
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race!{Race 3: Education GP}

Post by Flame »

I'm an ass, so I'm gonna have to apologise severely and drop out. I'm really sorry! I just lack motivation when I have time to write answers... >_<

I'm really sorry about this, SG, as well as Fox and Retro!
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Results?
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

The results are being done at the moment Snowy :')

And Flame, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in for now just in case you ever want to return :)

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

The warmth of the tropical Heatwave that is currently in affect on Chao Island coats the concrete circuit with a shimmering blur, like a man made desert. The crowd don't care however: they sit in their stalls at either side of the Sonic Circuit, ice cream in one hand and support cards in the other. You know what this means!

It's race weekend, and our location today is the Sonic Cicuit, built deep into the heart of Chaopolis in the central green park, nicknamed "Green Hill." Not so green anymore though, with a popular race track laid out atop it. Naturally for a track named after the blue blur himself, Sonic Circuit holds the fastest speeds of any track on the calendar, with its humongous sweeping straight lined with stands. Strangely enough, it also has the slowest section of all, a trick set of rapid tight turns over a valley of chicanes named the Sonic Spikes.

Starting at the end of the huge straight, cars must take a slow left towards a set of corners names the Tails tails after their shape, proceeding down another shorter straight to the Sonic spikes, out of them to a wide 180' corner that leads out to the insanely fast (and long straight) that the drivers say is a pleasure to drive.

Our pole-man today is none other than our surprise podium finisher TITU, the sunlight shining down on his orange suit. He will be hoping to beat last weeks winner TechnoGeisha to keep him in the title hunt. Beside him, Jeffery Mewtamer, who's final corner spin cost him fifth place last race. On the second row, Mamkute lines up next to a surprisingly high up Snowy. Next back we have Batty, who finished perhaps a little disappointingly in fourth last race after losing places to TITU and Mamkute, and Fox Boy, the black sheep of last weeks event.

In row four we have Flame alongside Choco, and behind them in five resides our early series leader Techno after a poor qualifying performance, alongside the unfortunate Dr. Roivas. Techno will be hoping to gain ground early on this race if he wants to keep ahead of his rivals. On row six sit Ommy and Retro and finally, behind them, sit Beam and Eboy. The cars go off on a merry warm up lap and then settle down ready for the inevitable chaos to commence.

One light. Two lights. Three lights. Four lights. Five Lights. Pause. Lights out! And away they go!

And already that's a brilliant start from Jeffery Mewtamer, who around the outside of pole-man TITU as they swing through the long opening right-hander. The cars slow right down as they all brake for the first of the tight Tails' Tails turns, but somebody, a light blue car, gets their braking all wrong and bashes into the back of a darker blue car, forcing him very wide and spinning themselves out into a wall, wheel broken. Instant replays show us that Choco, the cause of the crash, got off to a great start but was unable to pass Snowy, being trapped into out taking herself and crashing herself out. This charge across the track forced Batty to take defensive manoeuvres and as such has lost him a lot of positions.

Perhaps the worst starter of all was, surprisingly, TechnoGeisha, who was simply swallowed up by Ommy and Reto behind him, with Batty slotting in behind him to ninth. Not the start either of them wanted! Now, back to the present, Mewtamer leads TITU up to the Sonic Spikes, the pack still very much bunched up. Calmly, Mewtamer takes them well, but a pressured Mamkute behind him makes a complete hash of the last few, running very wide out of them and allowing Fox and Flame through for third and fourth. It appears that in all the chaos, Eboy has snuck past Beam at the back for thirteenth also.

Onto lap two now, with Mewtamer leading the pack up to the Tails' tails. Behind him though, there's already action as a visious Batty swings himself around the outside of both Techno and Retro, who were stuck behind a slow Ommy in sixth. That's a very brave move, and he just managed to make it stick, a little bit of carbon fibre flying of as he gives his British pal a brief nudge on exit. Now, heading to the inner corner of the tails, TITU takes the inside line to line up a pass on cautious leader Jeffery Mewtamer. Suddenly, our leader is punted very wide by a cannonball of two other cars, debris flying everywhere in a shower of car parts. That's Flame and Fox Boy, again! What drama on the second lap of this Grand Prix!

Fortunately, it looks like our unfortunate previous leader is able to carry on relatively unharmed (albeit way down in seventh), but Flame and Fox Boy climb out of their mangled vehicles. Flame looks extremely dejected and runs over to apologise to Fox, who merely shrugs and makes some obscure anime reference. The main benefactors of all this chaos are TITU and Mamkute, who have now built up a reasonable lead over the struggling Ommy in third. The leading pair traverse the Sonic Spikes, but Ommy has a flying Batty to worry about, the experienced driver somehow finding a way past him on the tricky Sonic Spikes. Behind him though, Retro faces similar pressure from Techno and spins himself completely on the final corner, freeing Techno but pushing him way down the order to slot in behind Roivas in eighth.

Now Techno has the speed to get right up to the back of Ommy and, with a dash down the inside, Techno has recovered to fourth: remarkable! What's perhaps even more remarkable is that Batty managed to climb from ninth back to third. What expert skill from him! Regarding the huge crash that caused Fox and Flame to retire, replays now show that it was Flame who locked up and drove uncontrollably into the back of Fox, causing the minor pile up. He will be disappointed.

Back with lap three, and Mamkute is really thirsting for that first place. He is all over the back of TITU as the pair snake through the Tails tails, but strong defensive driving holds him off. At least momentarily as the older driver bravely charges down the inside of corner coming out of the Tails tails to gain first place! A little further back, Retro, seeking to catch up ground after his spin, passes Roivas through the Tails tails, now up to seventh. As the leaders run through the Sonic Spikes, Batty has already made up a lot of ground to the back of TITU, but he will need to pull of the pass quick as Mamkute is already pulling away up front. A little further back from them is Techno, and then the still slow Ommy, with an eager Mewtamer crawling all over his gearbox. They race side by side out of the Sonic Spikes but upon reaching the straight, Mewtamer's speed is simple to fast and he claws his way back up to fifth.

Lap four of twelve now, and Batty is already catching up to TITU, the younger driver simply not having the speed of his surrounding peers. The flying bat can't quite get close enough to make a move though as TITU holds him off through the Tails tails. Batty bides his time, waiting until the Sonic Spikes to really pressure his opponent and, not wanting to mess them up, TITU yields and lets the faster driver through to second. Meanwhile, Beam has made up for her poor start by taking Eboy on the opening straight, climbing off of the bottom spot. If she continues at this speed then she might be able to make up some serious ground, because just ahead of her now is Snowy, who is stuck behind a relatively slow Roivas. Now, Mamkute crosses the line for lap five, but behind them Jeffery Mewtamer has slowly crept up on the back of Techno, pulling of an identical pass to last lap. He is up to fourth now!

Lap five now, and Retro is already making action as they file down the long fast straight, finally getting past Ommy on his road to recovery from his earlier spin. At the front, Mamkute is already beginning to pull away from Batty, who is an equally comfortable distance from TITU in third. The latter is far from comfortable though, as the storming Jeffery Mewtamer has already gained enough ground on him to try a move on the Tails tails. And remarkably it sticks; he's back in the podium positions! As the back markers make there way down the start finish straight, Beam gently manoeuvres herself past her teammate Snowy, the pair sharing a respectful glance in the process. She is now cooped up behind Dr. Roivas, but up close ahead Ommy chugs along, another potential victim of overtaking provided she can get past Roivas soon.

Lap six, and Mamkute is continuing to break away from the rest of the drivers out front. Right now there is not a lot of action up front, with the top three very distant from each other. Fourth to sixth is fairly close though, with TITU being gradually caught by Techno and Retro. At the back, Beam manages to continue her rampage by whizzing around the outside of Roivas for eighth on the first corner! Now she manages to pursue Ommy, making up ground to be right behind him come the end of the lap! A little further ahead though, Retro wants none of this peace and takes the bold decision to try to out-speed Techno on the final straight, and remarkably it works and he is up to sixth!

We are now onto lap seven, halfway through the race, and Mamkute comfortably leads the distant cars down the long speedy straight, the crowds cheering uproariously. Beam has now found Ommy, and attempts to move up by passing him up his inside. But she fails in this and spins him as the corner begins, launching herself into the side wall and skidding out onto the runoff area, her race over. Ommy, undamaged, realigns his car and carries on, slotting his way in behind Roivas as the pack continues their journey. Soon they are at the final straight once again, and, still jostling for position, Techno re-passes Retro in exactly the same way as his friend did to him the lap before. An eager Ommy proceeds to do likewise on Roivas as Mamkute already reaches the end of the Tails tails on lap eight. The front-runners are having a fairly calm race now, until quite suddenly TITU loses control coming out of the Tails tails and spins his car a little, dropping down to sixth! Actually, having said that the front-runners are far spaced out, I may have to eat my words because as they passed through the final straight once more, Mewtamer was within touching distance of Batty! Can he make a pass?

We are now on lap nine, 2/3 of the way through this race, in which the action is starting to die down. It looks like TITU is quickly getting to trying to steal his fourth place back, clambering up to behind Retro. He chases the Brit through the Tails tails, and as they come out of the final bend he manages to grab the racing line, wriggling his way through to bare down on Techno. It looks like Mewtamer's had to back off ahead as well, having dropped a lot of time and allowed Batty his freedom again. Back with TITU on lap ten and he now manages to overtake Techno on the long straight, perhaps an important pass that puts him up to fourth, although way too far back from third placed Mewtamer to consider a pass. At the back, Snowy and Roivas have been scrambling over eighth for quite a while now, but Snowy finally snatches the position from Roivas after the pair drove side by side down the Sonic Spikes.

We're onto the final two laps now, and I think it's safe to say that the positions are fairly solid now. At the back, a very uncompetitive Eboy stops at the side of the track with an engine failure, although because he has completed 75% of the race distance he can still claim the final point for tenth. And so, after two uneventful laps, Mamkute safely takes it home to claim victory.

Mamkute wins the Sonic GP!

The hoards of chao raisers in the crowd who he heads helped on countless occasions cheer him through. Next comes through Batty, a content second and Mewtamer claims the final podium spot.

Soon, the three older drivers mount the podium with respectful congratulations to one and other. The win has now put Mamkute as our current leader.

Results:
1. Mamkute (FaI)
2. Batty (Yolomeisters)
3. Jeffery Mewtamer (Marauders)
4. ThisIsTheUltimate (Sunshine)
5. TechnoGeisha (Yolomeisters)
6. Retrolinkx (Brits 'n' Animé)
7. Ommy (Marauders)
8. SnowyTimeHero (FaI)
9. Dr. Roivas (Sunshine)
10. Eboy (Marauders)
Not Classified:
11. BeamChao 3.5 (FaI)
12. Flame (Brits 'n' Animé)
13. Fox Boy (Brits 'n' Animé)
14. Chocolate_Chao (Yolomeisters)

Current top five:
1. Mamkute 32
2. TechnoGeisha 28
3. Batty 25
3. ThisIsTheUltimate 25
5. Jeffery Mewtamer 18

Section Masters
Facts Master: TITU
Opinion Master: Mewtamer
Obscurity Master: None
Guesswork Master: None

Funky stuff:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: The Great CI Quiz Race!{Race 3: Education GP(Race2Result

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

*Checks leaderboard* Looks like I have some serious competition if I want to say in the chase and rise up the ranks.

What are the team rankings looking like?
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Full rankings have been updated on the first post :)

Funky stuff:
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

academics. now. now is my time to shine. I will be grossly incandescent