Any of you guys here NEETs?

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Any of you guys here NEETs?

Post by retrolinkx »

Wikipedia wrote:A NEET or neet is a young person who is "Not in Education, Employment, or Training".
Many of you seem to be education, but you never know who may be on the dole, or doing nothing at all.

How many of you are NEETs? Is it a difficult life, are you getting paid by the Government or what. Give us some insight.

I'm not, but my eldest brother is. Although, he is trying to find work.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Re: Any of you guys here NEETs?

Post by Mana »

Not in school and I'm not in a job either.

It sucks, I feel like I'm so far behind in life and it has been affecting my self-esteem.

I don't have either because I have no money for a college education along with no money to have a means of transportation to a job.

My mother has no money and can barely afford a vehicle of her own plus my father isn't willing to give any financial help despite having enough to contribute.

So yeah, it sucks and I'm very sorry for anyone that's in this position or will be in the future.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

I guess I can say that I am. I graduated High School this year, however I have not yet applied for college nor do I have any sort of job or training. I just sit home by myself everyday and waste my life away since I have too many problems to sort out and I don't have any clue as to where to start and I'm too afraid to take that first step.

For the most part my family is "well off", but I don't know what to do with my life and sometimes think I'm a failure because of it...
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I'm in school.

But I'm too poor and have way too much free time on my hands to pretend that's a good reason for not having a job.

I really need to get a part-time job...
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I am managing to maintain at least 1 class per semester, so I avoid falling into this category.

My elder sister might count, the closest thing to employment she has is being the closest thing my household has to a homemaker.

Does my dad count? He is retired, not taking classes of any type, and his only responsibilities beyond bills that his retirement and social security covers are managing the SSI payments of my sister's children(both of whom are declared legally incompetent to manage their own money and my sister can't manage their money due to a criminal record involving abuse of authority over money).
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

I was a neet at some point for 1 year, then I went back to school. Then I was one again, and now I am in online school.
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

dropped out of school earlier this year as a junior, considering getting a GED sometime
so yeah i'm a neet, but i am thinking about trying to get some job training soon and possibly starting on personal projects when i have the knowledge and resources

i mostly get on by with my girlfriend's dad giving us some funds every other Tuesday. as well as money we get from commissions
we also just live in a house with a few other adults who also contribute to grocery funds when they can

tbh school wasn;t really worth my emotional stress just to learn about things that are not of interest when i could probably learn whatever i wanted to when i felt ready, and at my own pace without pressure, alongside a partner to work with
like, i took a web design class when i was still doing school and the entire course only covered basic html stuff that i already knew about and learned about in about the span of three or four days :L
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

I'm not, I go to school :)
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

In high school.
cloudchaoclan
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao
Motto: determined

Post by cloudchaoclan »

Being a neet is probably in my future at some point, seeing as I'm almost out of school, have no clue what I want to do in life, and the job market around here is pretty awful.
wuz fun -_^