OT3s

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

OT3s

Post by Ivogoji »

We haven't had a topic about shipping in a while, so it's about high time we make a new one. This time though, instead of talking about OTPs only, let's look at the one thing better than pairings- threesomes!

Miguel X Tulio X Chell

One of my favorite OT3s, and by far the most canon. Really, in what other way could their relationship be interpreted? Gotta love Road to El Dorado.

Spirit X Stein X Marie

Another practically canon threesome. One of the first I ever discovered fanfics for, but awfully sparse when it comes to fan art. Soul Eater is actually pretty fertile ground for OT3s; Maka X Soul X Crona is fairly popular, along with other combinations. Speaking of...

Death the Kid X Liz X Patti

No discussion of OT3s would complete without the Troika! Probably the most justified example of them all, reflected by the wide quantity of art and stories out there pairing Kid with the Thompson sisters. And with Maka. And with Crona. And Black*Star. Actually, Kid gets paired with almost everybody- which reminds me of another certain someone...

ThreeWayTieShipping

Ash X Dawn X Zoey holds a special place in my heart. One of the more popular three character ships in the Pokemon fandom. And trust me when I say there are plenty of them! Most of them involve Ash to some degree. Ash sure gets around for a protagonist whose obliviousness to romance is the stuff of legends.

KagakuShipping
Which is the same as ThreeWayTieShipping, but with Candice thrown into the mix. Her lust for Dawn and Zoey is palpable of course, unsurprising given her reputation as the Sinnoh League's resident Lovable Sex Maniac (Kanto has Erika and her harem-packed gym while Unova has Elesa and her... well, everything). This is one of the ships where it is somewhat easier to find fanfics for it than fan art, a distinction it shares with RayShipping (Ash X Cynthia), which is probably one of the biggest pairings on FF.net but has virtually zero fan art. Speaking of RayShipping, I also like Dawn X Ash X Cynthia and GirlPowerShipping (Dawn X Cynthia) as well. Dawn just sorta goes with anything, much like Ash.

See what I mean?
Anyway, moving back to actual threesomes...

WallaceCupShipping

Ash X Dawn X May is an interesting case when it comes to the ship's perceived legitimacy in the fandom. While art depicting Ash involved with a number of his female traveling companions- Misty included- is as common as salt, in fanfiction with a harem bent, Misty is almost always absent. This is despite PokeShipping's long standing supremecy among all pairings and the mostly positive relationship she had with May (though given how extreme a tsundere Misty is, not totally without precedent). Far and away, the 'go-to' 3some in Pokemon fanfiction is WallaceCupShipping. May and Dawn are frequently interpreted as being more open to the idea of such a relationship with Ash than other characters, and are often shown having a closer bond with each other than the rest of the harem. Naturally it helps that shipping May and Dawn together is so popular, but there is definitely an underlaying assumption about these characters' attitude towards relationships in the minds of fans which most other OT3 don't seem to have going for them.

BestWishesShipping
Two images because this one is so cute. Ash X Cilan X Iris seems to have been the true agenda behind much of the ship tease in the Black and White era rather than Negiashipping as many expected. The degree to which Cilan has chemistry with Ash who has chemistry with Iris who is VERY tsundere to both boys at the same time is pretty intense; I doubt it was unintentional. CafeMochaShipping is probably one of the closest to canon ships Ash has ever had with a male character.

AltopikaShipping

Ash X Pikachu X Latias isn't quite as popular as, say, AltomareShipping (Ash X Bianca X Latias, which has the whole twins 3some fantasy going for it), though it says remarkable things about the fandom pairing Ash with anything on two legs... and four legs... and no legs. Speaking of human and nonhuman relationships-

Vegito X Bulma X Chichi

Technically canon? Vegeta X Bulma + Goku X Chichi = Vegito X Bulma X Chichi, right? And Bulma did have a thing for Goku she regretted never acting on.

Korra X Mako X Asami X Bolin

Let's face it- Book 2's ending would have been much more satisfying if the romantic loose ends were tied up this way.

Lin X Tenzin X Pema

This one could still happen though.

Sonic X Amy X Blaze
http://smsskullleader.deviantart.com/ar ... -215690561

Though Amy is unlikely to ever allow such a thing to happen, one can't deny that the world would be a much safer place with two people keeping the Rascal in check rather than just one of them trying to survive her affections alone.

I'll add more when I can find more images.
Last edited by Ivogoji on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: OT3s

Post by Crash32 »

this is genuinely rather creepy :darksurprise:
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

who cares because i'm now making this thread my gay pokemon special hell
all three of the gen 2 pokespe protags are wife/husband material and god damnit i am flaming homosex
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

need i say more?
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

tbh i was expecting like, a klk post from you, but i think this is better
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

I'm just going to go ahead and be predictable with some Homestuck uwu

Karkat x Terezi x Nepeta
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Nirvana
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Booty butt cheeks! booty booty butt cheeks!

Post by Nirvana »

Aruesso wrote:tbh i was expecting like, a klk post from you, but i think this is better
i wouldn't speak so soon...
ryukoxsenketsuxmako
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

please dont ruin my senketsu x ryuuko ship even though its already completely ruined :(

its mako x ira btw
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

WHY IS THIS TOPIC
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

dashie x twily x pinkie
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Disgaea:
Flonne/Laharl/Etna: I particularly like variants where Flonne is the official Queen of the Netherworld and Etna is the Kinky mistress who likes embarassing both of her lovers. Not nearly enough fanfiction of this trio, especially among the M-rated stuff that probably violates fanfiction.net's rules.

Powerpuff Girls Z:
Momoko/Miyako/Kaoru, enough said. Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup from the US original also works and has the added bonus of Twincest taken up to the next level, but I prefer the more human design of the PPGZ.

Sonic:
Amy/Tails/Cream or Cosmo/Tails/Cream. Bonus points if Tails's tails aren't the only thing he has one extra of if you get my drift. Sonic/Amy/Tails is also good. Also, Sonic/Sonia/Manic makes for some good twincest++.

Ojamajo Doremi:
Hazuki/Masaru/Shiori: Okay, I usually prefer just Masru/Hazuki, which is the only pairing I have ever seriously shipped, but there is a certain draw to resolving the triangle by giving him both irls.
Aiko/Nobuko/Miho Aiko/Nobuko is practically canon what with the way Aiko never objects to being paired with a Male Nobuko in the latter's stories while violently rejecting every guy that shows interest in the Osakan, and the episode where Nobuko and Miho first join forces as a mangaka team shows quite a bit of jeaslousy on the artists part. I can just imagine the hot threeway lesbianism that could go on off screen and the H-manga the latter two create based of those experiences.
Just about any 3 person combination of the Ojamajo makes for a hot threesome, especially if they use their magic in creative ways.

Naruto:
Between the tree-person teams(most of which are two guys and a girl), this series was pretty much made for threesomes. However, my favorite is probably Hinata/Naruto/Sakura.

Bleach:
Karin/Yuzu/just about anyone, though giving Ichigo an imoutocon or having Rukia teach them about the pleasures of a woman's body are probably among the hottest combinations.

Digimon Adventure/02:
Taichi/Sora/Yamato; Koushirou/Mimi/Joe; Daisuke/Hikari/Takaru; Ken/Miyako/Iori: Such gender in balance begs for threesomes to be made.

Digimon Tamers:
Takato/Ruki/Jenraya or Juri/Takato/Ruki. Some Suzie(I forget her non-dub name because I suck with Chinese names)/Mako/Ai is also down right adorable, especially with the twincest element.

Fushigiboshi no Futagohime:
Fine/Rein/(Bright, Shade, or Altezza) or even better, a foursome with the twins and both the Moon and Jewelry Princes.

Precure:
Take just about any three cures and you have a winning combination for a yuri threesome. Miyuki/Yaoi/Reika from Smile would probably be my top pick for a trio who are all from the same team.

Cardcaptor Sakura:
Tomoyo/Sakura/Shaoran: this one should come as a no brainer to anyone familiar with the series.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Sonic:
Amy/Tails/Cream or Cosmo/Tails/Cream. Bonus points if Tails's tails aren't the only thing he has one extra of if you get my drift.
>:D Isn't that like every Tails furry out there? Hehe.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

okay guys MAYBE you should all go outside for a bit, off the net
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

because how dare people enjoy something

also a little bothered at how much people seem to focus a lot on sexual contexts and not really realize the platonic things are a thing that exist
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Don't be such a parade rainer, Crash. It's all in good fun. Though Jeff could perhaps afford to take his enthusiasm down a notch... not that I plan to ;D

MORE BESTWISHESSHIPPING GOODNESS!

The "Lost at the Stamp Rally" episode is one of my favorites just for all the ship tease between these three. Cilan basically tries to take Ash on a date to the titular stamp rally, luring him in with the promise of tag battling the Subway Bosses- but then Iris swoops in and drags Ash off to go sight seeing around Nimbasa City, leaving poor Cilan behind looking just devastated! Then Ash and Iris spend the first chunk of the episode galavanting about like the perfect couple, watching a football game, playing tennis, and eating ice cream. Events conspire to allow Ash and Cilan to have their tag battle with the Subway Bosses, so in the end both traveling companions get to enjoy some Ash time. The episode concludes with them all piling into the infamous Nimbasa Ferris Wheel like one big happy family^___^

And then there was the obligatory cross dressing episode the show has every few seasons:
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

>OT3s

>not including me/alex/billy
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

@Crash32: Why would I want to go outside? That's where the sun lives and he hurts my eyes and burns my skin. Not to mention that it is mating season for the local plants, so the air in-doors is less bothering to my sensitive sinuses.

@Aruesso: In all fairness, most of the cultures represented on this forum don't put restrictions on the number of people one can be in a platonic relationship with, so its only natural for a discussion that limits talk to 3 person relationships to tend towards the romantic if not the sexual.

Though I apologize to anyone who thinks I didn't tone things down enough in my previous post.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Yoshino/Kotarou/Kotori loner trio (though more friendship than anything)
also I just really wanted a Yoshino route, he's probably my favorite character ;~;

Now that I think about it, I kind of wish Helios/Chibiusa/Hotaru was a thing too.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Negi X Nodoka X Yue

By all appearances this is actually the kind relationship Nodoka and Yue wanted, but were too bashful to make reality. Even Nodoka's artefact said a threesome was the best solution to their love triangle. You can't argue with magical mind reading books, it simply isn't done!

Negi X Konoka X Asuna

While Asuna flip-flops endlessly over how to define her feelings toward the boy, Konoka seems a great deal less reluctant to 'boldly go' when it comes to her relationship with Negi- as well as Setsuna and even Asuna herself. Really, Negima! is more about groups of girls competing for Negi's attention rather than individual love interests... Though I've encountered one fanfic where Konoka expresses delight at the idea of sharing Negi with Setsuna and Nodoka... and three other girls she hardly knows XP

And: MOOOOOOOOOOORE SPIRT X STEIN X MARIE!

Now in cute child form!
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

I mostly do this kinda thing in the sims. Other than that it pops up in Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. The main character involved in like all of them. I think mostly about MC/Dolce/Pico or even MC/Illuminata/Amber and recently a tiny bit of MC/Nina/Basil. For Gravity Falls there's been people writing/drawing some Dipper/Tyrone/Mabel and I'll admit, I can get behind it, it's pretty good. Also.
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:Cardcaptor Sakura:
Tomoyo/Sakura/Shaoran: this one should come as a no brainer to anyone familiar with the series.
Yeah, that'd make a lotta sense and if I watched the anime again, I might just get on that boat.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Aruesso wrote:who cares because i'm now making this thread my gay pokemon special hell
Still waiting to see this happen. Show me show me show me show meeeeee.
While we're all waiting to see what more Pokemon Special has to offer, the Pokemon anime is ever a rich source of OT3 material-

Sometimes context isn't all that important. I'm actually really fond of ImaginationShipping. While Bianca's personality in the anime attracted criticism, as far as girls who express an interest in Ash go, Bianca was pretty unique. She's probably the only character Ash has ever ecountered who has more energy to burn than him. Her boundless optimism and cheerful demeanor stands in contrast to the other girls more subdued attitudes, who are often too reticent to act on their feelings- with Bianca it's more about her being too distracted by other things, and if the sixth ending animation for the BW era is any indication, the news that Ash departed from Unova really shook her up. Maybe she would have been more proactive if she'd realized this would happen sooner? Never the less thinking about what her role in a relationship with Ash would be like is interesting. Given their interactions in the show it seems Ash would, for once, be the more mature member of the couple, perhaps even slipping into the guise of the 'Savvy Guy' to Bianca's 'Energetic Girl'. This would practically be the reverse of how Ash plays to every other character he comes into contact with, and it's a situation that I find quite appealing. Of course, bringing another person- for example Iris- into the picture would change things. Her impatience wouldn't give either Ash or Bianca an inch for their zany antics. Then again Iris's tsundere tendencies would probably be balanced out by Bianca's bubbly personality. Perhaps they would reach a state of equilibrium, and the barriers they have to recognizing how they feel (for Iris her lack of social skills coupled with a need to defend her fragile self-esteem by making hypocritical judgements about other peoples' maturity, for Bianca her lack of focus while always going through life like a whirlwind and never taking the time to think things through) would be disolved? I think it's a combination that has potential.
Last edited by Ivogoji on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Rin X Shiemi X Yukio
Although I don't know if Yukio can handle such an arrangement- if he struggles so much when three girls make him lunches, putting up with Rin and Shiemi trying to cook for him can't be much easier.

"Izzy" Koushirou X Mimi X Jou
The image I wanted to use for this one was too big to post here, so I had to settle for this more ambiguous pic. Personally I always shipped Jou with Mimi, seeing Jou's pedantic carefulness as a good trait for anyone trying to keep up with the absent minded and flighty Mimi. It helps that they spent more time around each other than the rest of the gang. However, most people in the fandom seem to ship Mimi with Izzy, I guess because of the similar contrast in personalities, though it never really struck me the same way the other pairing did. Of course there is a very simple compromise to this issue- threesome goodness!

Sora X Tai X Matt
The character Mimi is shipped with the most however is actually Tai, for no other reason really than to resolve the love triangle between him, Matt, and Sora by pairing Tai off with the only other female in the original group (besides his sister). But we all know what the best solution to a love triangle really is- the solution Matt always secretly wanted, if his tsundereish tendencies are anything to go by.

And since Jeff mentioned Takeru X Daisuke X Hikari as well, here's one for them:
Again there's a less ambiguous image for this pairing but it was too big.

Just for fun, here's one Jeff didn't mention, Tai X Catherine X T.K.
To be honest, my preferred solution to the Matt/Sora/Tai love triangle is to pair off Tai with Catherine, even if they did only meet once. I just thought it would be funny though, the gang would get together and Tai would go on about his cute foriegn girlfriend to the disbelief of everyone but T.K., and they would think he's bluffing until Catherine suddenly appears, blowing their minds. Like the Girlfriend From Canada gag but even more French.

More Troika!
Last edited by Ivogoji on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

^Is Christine one of the international chosen who barely got any screen time? Not that I remember much of the Human characters from Adventur/02 beyond the main 12 chosen.

Can't think of any additional OT3s to mention.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

^Whoops! Sorry, her real name is Catherine. I don't know how I got her name wrong XD

Yeah, she's one of the French children and her partner is a Floramon.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Amy x Cream X Blaze