soda

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: soda

Post by Rajikaru »

I've had smart water before, the kind in the clear pole-like bottle with a blue circle? Definitely not tasteless. I've never actually had a tasteless water. It's impossible to have tasteless water, anyways. I think under the pretense of "you're thirsty and need something to drink" or "you're sweaty after just doing some kind of activity and need refreshment", water could be considered tasteless, since it's barely noticeable when you're actually thirsty or after eating something flavourful, but just as a drink to have while you're doing work? There's always a taste.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

this TOPIC is tasteless
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

You've got a real bizarre flavor there, Pentagrami, with that birthday cake soda. I've seen some weird flavors before, but I've only tried one I think. I had some banana flavored soda, and it tasted like watered down artificial banana flavoring, it was OK but definitely tastes better in candy. The odd flavors I've seen but never tasted are huckleberry, cucumber, bacon, and peanut butter and jelly flavored soda. I prefer pretty ordinary flavors myself. Cola, root beer, grape, orange. I like drinking soda with meals like burgers and fries, so for things like plain sandwiches most of the time I drink milk or juice with it.

Also, water is not tasteless. It has a flavor, but its flavor changes depending on a lot of stuff. Tastes best if it's tap water and you're thirsty. Bottled water tastes like metal, always. Gross.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

Nova! wrote:I've had smart water before, the kind in the clear pole-like bottle with a blue circle? Definitely not tasteless. I've never actually had a tasteless water. It's impossible to have tasteless water, anyways. I think under the pretense of "you're thirsty and need something to drink" or "you're sweaty after just doing some kind of activity and need refreshment", water could be considered tasteless, since it's barely noticeable when you're actually thirsty or after eating something flavourful, but just as a drink to have while you're doing work? There's always a taste.
what you're tasting is all the other **** you have in your mouth being washed down by the water bro

pure water has zero aromatic components which is what your tongue and nose register, mineral infused water tastes metallic because your body does make an effort to identify such nutrients

soda overpowers what's already in your mouth sure but it's still there not in the pure water
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I don't recall ever having soapy plastic junk in my mouth before I drank water.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Pentagrami »

im just saying bro all your tastebuds can pick up is aromatic compounds and certain reactive toxins and minerals none of which should be found in pure water, bitter plastic particles might find their wsy from the bottle into the wster specially if exposed to the sun or other heat sources but any soapy bitterness is in most likelyhood coming from the decomposing matter left over in your teeth and cheeks
im not telling you that youre tasting water wrong im just restating the fact that ~pure~ water / is/ tasteless and odorless due to the lack of aromatic compounds and not any other particular interactions between H2O and your taste buds
that said your tongue is probably highly reactive to minerals duevto lack of exposure to them in a non-overpowering medium, the body handles all its tresholds through exposure afterall
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Cold water.

Best water.

It tastes like cold water instead of just water. But that's probably just me.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Pentagrami wrote:im just saying bro all your tastebuds can pick up is aromatic compounds and certain reactive toxins and minerals none of which should be found in pure water, bitter plastic particles might find their wsy from the bottle into the wster specially if exposed to the sun or other heat sources but any soapy bitterness is in most likelyhood coming from the decomposing matter left over in your teeth and cheeks
im not telling you that youre tasting water wrong im just restating the fact that ~pure~ water / is/ tasteless and odorless due to the lack of aromatic compounds and not any other particular interactions between H2O and your taste buds
that said your tongue is probably highly reactive to minerals duevto lack of exposure to them in a non-overpowering medium, the body handles all its tresholds through exposure afterall
Your paragraph can be summed up with a short phrase:

"Pure water is tasteless. It's nearly impossible to have pure water."

I'm pretty sure everyone knows water IS tasteless. However, it takes on the taste of the bottle, or picks up something from the way companies like to "purify" it, etc. That is what we mean by water having a "taste".
Also, if water was simply picking up stuff in our mouth, water would just taste like nothing to us. Our saliva does the same job.
chaoadventures wrote:Cold water.
Best water.
It tastes like cold water instead of just water. But that's probably just me.
No, I get what you mean. It's not just you.
Last edited by BlackLuigi7 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I will agree that a nice cup of ice water or icy seltzer water with a fancy straw in a restaurant is one of the best experiences ever, but on a normal day, i'm going to take a nice cup of sparkling juice, iced coffee, or even mtn dew over some gross cup of tapwater.

Doesn't help that the well we use for our water in our current house is contaminated by Hydrogen Sulfide, meaning we're stuck with only being able to drink bottled water if we don't like the taste of rotten eggs.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

In all fairness, pure water does contain small amounts of Hydronium and Hydroxide ions, which, as I understand it, should taste sour and bitter respectively. Granted, the concentrations are likely too small to be detected, and if you tried upping the concentration of both, they'd just react to form water until they return to the original low levels.

That said, water is a very good solvent, so even if you managed to purify it, it would only stay pure as long as it was sealed in a non-water soluble container, and most bottled waters actually have some amount of salt or minerals added to them.

And assuming soda and water bottles are made of the same kind of plastic, there is likely more plastic leeching into your soda than into your water. After all, water is the main ingredient in soda and soda has a lot of stuff that is corrosive in it(in fact, the syrups for most sodas are hazardous materials). I don't know what phosphoric acid can do, but I know citric acid can remove tarnish from bronze and brass, and these are just two of the corrosive substances you can find mentioned by name under ingredients on soda labels.

Anyways, I'd prefer to use a stainless steel water bottle with tap water, but the water in my family's house is so hard no one is willing to drink it(the tap water is so hard my clothes had rather noticeable deposits on them before I started doing laundry with a water softener).

Also, I can't stand drinking cold water unless it's very hot out. I like to guzzle my water, and trying that with water that is noticeably below room temperature hurts my teeth and throat and has even given me brain freeze a few times. Sadly, when I order water without ice at a restaurant, it's usually ice cold anyways.

Also, even clean water can significantly alter the taste of residues left in your mouth from food. For example, if you drink bottled water immediately after eating a lemon, you'll notice a faint sweetness. If I had to take a stab at what's going on chemically, I'd hypothesize that the water dilutes the acid that makes lemons sour enough for you to taste the sugar the lemon left behind(Lemons are quite sweet, but their sweetness is overpowered by their sourness).
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

I'm weak against seltzer water and it makes me crawl back inside of my shell.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Soda used to be what I washed every meal down with (Well, only dinner. I actually just drink milk for breakfast). Pepsi and Crush Orange/Grape were my favorites.

I had to quit because of braces, but I'm glad I did since I moved on to healthier drinks.

JEWS Juice, yeeeehhh. im going to hell
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Pentagrami »

i wonder if milk soda is a thing
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

:surprise: :darksurprise: :thinking: :herosurprise:
Golden
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: do what you know, know what you do.

Post by Golden »

dr. pepper is a gynecologist.
:blink:
Tulip Monster
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Tulip Monster »

Basically anything cherry flavored is my favorite and I enjoy some good cola too.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Oh cool. Guess Im getting diabetes after all.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

no. No goddamnit that's illegal. That is a straight up crime against God. The 1950's will be hearing from my lawyer about this. Absolutely NOT.

sodas p aight i guess
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

i like egg cream
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Haha, that's literally just sparkling chocolate milk. Pretty interesting.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

ok real talk I really, REALLY want to try an egg cream now. might have to make that for myself sometime
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I don't even wanna

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

Prince Ricard wrote:ok real talk I really, REALLY want to try an egg cream now. might have to make that for myself sometime
it's good i promise
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

I don't like chocolate milk, so I doubt I'd enjoy an egg cream, but the thought of substituting the chocolate syrup for strawberry syrup is quite tempting.

I'm also tempted to try a Rainbow Sherbet and Sprite or Rainbow Sherbet and Mountain Dew float.