soda

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: soda

Post by Rajikaru »

I'm curious how much seltzer water would be too much. I've never actually tried things like milk mixed with seltzer water.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

An egg cream sounds weird, I never thought of mixing milk with water of any sort, but I totally want to try it. Sounds like it might be good.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Bumping this thread to report back on the whole "egg cream" fiasco. Being the seltzer water connoisseur that I am, I bought a few bottles of plain Schweppes seltzer water, some hershey's chocolate syrup, and plain regular milk. I tried egg cream, and I have to say, it's pretty good. It's kind of hard to get it right, a lot of sites say you only put in 1/4th of a cup of milk and fill the rest with seltzer water, but I've found it more effective to go more 3/4ths milk and 1/4th seltzer water. If done right, it tastes just like chocolate milk, but with a sort of lift that you get from soda. Definitely recommend it. Also, it's best if you make it with fresh seltzer water to give it some foam, but other than the foam it doesn't really matter if your seltzer water is flat, the taste is the same.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

Excellent, your research into this matter is highly appreciated. Now I really need to go out and get some seltzer water...
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

but why the h*ck is it called egg cream
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

This would be the cause i imagine for the naming
Food historian Andrew Smith writes: "During the 1880s, a popular specialty was made with chocolate syrup, cream, and raw eggs mixed into soda water, In poorer neighborhoods, a less expensive version of this treat was created, called the Egg Cream (made without the eggs or cream)."[2]
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

now the real question is which of us is gonna try the rich kids egg cream

because it sure as hell aint gonna be me
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Isn't eating raw eggs dangerous and the entire reason we're not supposed to eat cookie dough. I'd still probably try it but this version sounds a bit grosser for some reason.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

If you keep chickens, eating their eggs raw might be dangerous, but I'm pretty sure all store-bought eggs are pasteurized and should be safe as long as they're fresh and were properly stored.

As for cookie dough, the only reason I've ever been given to not eat it is that it leaves less dough to be baked into cookies. Pretty weak reason since most cookie dough tastes better than the cookies it'll make. Then again, since most of my experience with cookie dough is with store bought dough, it's possible there's an extra risk with homemade dough I'm unaware of.

In general, much of the commonly distributed information regarding the risks of eating undercooked foods are either exaggerated or are a leftover from less sanitary times and only apply to food not from the supermarket.

Edit: Not that I'd be eager to try something with raw eggs in it. Though I suppose whipped egg white is technically raw.