G.O.A.T (Rules Revoked)

For all discussion about your usergroups or clubs. If you want to join a usergroup, or find members, this is the place to go to!
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Maple
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Re: G.O.A.T (Can Chewers Can Chew You)

Post by Maple »

Locked by request.
"stop talking about your dried up fruits."
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

And now unlocked later without me getting so much of a notification.

We're back in business, our job now is to think of proper topics for discussion.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Ivogoji wrote: White men say yes, say no. Bah. No makum mind.
Nnnnnnnn.

;;;;;---;;;---------;;;;;;;------

Well I had this idea for general Zelda topic but Yukki beat me to bunch, literally at the very instant I was making to do it.

Still making Sonic topics of course.

I don't know what other stuff the users on CI are into. Seemingly nothing.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Re: G.O.A.T (Is Back)

Post by Goat »

I've noticed that between Generals, Political, and Funposting, Political and Funposting seems to be what attracts more CI Users to post.

Having small forum games is another concept but we're better planning that out in PM's or on the discord instead of blabbing here and making it later.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Who are these "we" you speak of?

Anyway, I hate CI's political circle jerking and the funposting doesn't really demonstrate any more activity than the game or other media centric topics. You're on your own there.

I was going to bump the movie thread tomorrow after I found some trailers. I thought about making or reviving a comic book discussion topic too but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

You, Eboy, Keaton, and me of course.

Granted you have consistently done your best to attract interest but much like the real world it seems that people don't seem to be attracted to normal discussion as much as we'd like. After being involved in this for a few months I've been able to see just how fast certain topics catch attention than others, and keep attention until eventually flickering off.

I would focus on political but that has the diminishing return of driving people away from the forum, and if a major focus here is to keep people here I would rather not be guilty of doing the same mistake twice. Which leaves funposting and forum games as the viable alternative to keeping people here. That aside, there's absolutely no reason (for me) to make any kind of aggressive push against them so long as they behave.

There's also the puffle issue but thankfully he's not too hard to get rid of. If he's genuinely posting in an offtopic manner or looking for an excuse to use that clown image, it's only one report that the moderators genuinely understand and hammer him over.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Re: G.O.A.T (New Rule)

Post by Goat »

Dear everyone, after what happened in me attempting to allow unlimited fun. I want to announce that we should attempt to be more politically correct in our topic making.

I would if there was a guide on it, so carry on as normal.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Re: G.O.A.T (New Rule)

Post by Goat »

Back on different matters.

Should the animation general be balkanized?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Re: G.O.A.T (New Subject)

Post by Ivogoji »

We do have a thread for anime and manga related discussion. Splitting the animation thread is unnecessary. I don't see show-specific topics getting much traffic.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Most show related bursts of posts usually only involve praise and never really much else beyond that. You have theory shows on youtube and other places taking all the fun out of forums who were meant to delve into that kind of stuff.

That aside, I do have to ask just how that godzilla site of yours seems to not run out of things to talk about? People here I've noticed tend to drop a few words and leave for normal topics, how do you get people to continue talking about the same subjects? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink yknow?

That being said, I have two plans for forum activity that don't involve much in terms of politics. Mods are a good way for any game to live longer than it was supposed to, given what this websites two darling modders have been able to pull off, one of us investing our time in the modding scene for SA2 might actually be the secret.

On the other hand, we go play touhou games and artificially create discussion. That series is an oddball, an unexplored frontier that is waiting for people to explore. It's not chao related, but it's one thing that can be used to distract the forum.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

I agree with Ivo, the argument that people only talk about shows for short bursts of time supports this. Believe me, having 15+ topics about certain TV shows with only like 4-5 replies won't help anything.

Just my two cents.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I've been wanting to mod my sa2 for a while now, especially so since i've started modding my copy of smash like making pikachu into danny devito, so i'd be all for getting into that stuff

It's fun yo
Spoiler:

I also haven't tried touhou myself, not sure about it honestly but is worth a shot
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

The game series is a bullet hell, a genuine one. There's a certain website where you can obtain the games but it's legality is questionable. It might not be the best for us since some of us have standards on piracy.

Edit: Wow, look at all those original characters
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I have pretty low standards all things considered so i'll probably be alright with giving them a shot if my laptop can handle it

Also u hush your mouth cloud2king is truly the most original character

Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Nacho has been formally made a GOAT, now that we are a group of five....I don't know, what other important group of fives have there been?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

^The original Chaotix.
Goat wrote: That aside, I do have to ask just how that godzilla site of yours seems to not run out of things to talk about? People here I've noticed tend to drop a few words and leave for normal topics, how do you get people to continue talking about the same subject?
Specific reasons why Toho Kingdom is really active:
1- daikaiju eiga is a media powerhouse with tons of comics, DVD releases, television shows, merchandise, and new films on the horizon (Sonic has less going on)
2- there is a dedicated group of fanfic writers/RPers (comparable to CI's RP community before it imploded)

On the other hand they also somehow talk about video games more than we do.

But places like Sonic Retro and Sonic Stadium still exist so CI's lack of enthusiasm for what it revolves around is baffling which ever way I look at it. I mean even discussion about other things CI users profess to like is weak. How many topics in the last year exceeded three pages?
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

If I may Ivo, I would actually like to take a look at what you just said.

Running off of active topics alone, your reading topic, Orlando, Chick Nuggets, Spicy Meme, E3, the club, and the pokemon sun and moon topic.

So for normal interest, Chicken Nuggets, E3, and Pokemon.

For "Other", Orlando, Spicy Memes, and the club.

At two pages, Unlimited Fun, Windows 10, gender, choco's art requests, movie discussions, a strange topic about names from penta, and an unpopular video game opinion topic from retro.

Breaking that down again.

Choco's art requests, Movie Discussions, names, video game opinions I feel represent normal interest.

While Unlimited Fun, Windows 10, Gender, represent "Other"

What can we infer?
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Keaton is in charge until I consider myself active

Edit: If Puffle keeps being a square I'm going to have to write a two page formal apology to the club over returning twice just to tell off the breadbug
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

I'd like to apologize for lack of activity on my part. I'm going to try to get back in the rhythm of posting discussion topics and stuff. The website going down that one week threw off my groove.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

I'm planning on doing something really stupid soon anyways.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: G.O.A.T (Rules Revoked)

Post by Triert »

Okay now that I'm back again from that I'm here to lay down some new goals we might work towards.

It's simple, revitalization of the website. While I would prefer to see the site as active as the chao focused discord, that isn't going to happen but it is nice to know a goal here was accomplished eventually even if not by any of us.

Because of that, I say if anyone is still interested in this group here rejoin in the new group I'll be making soon.

Nano revived the chatbox, Rinku/Buster revived chao, so it can't be too hard to defibrillate the website.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

if we do this again we better revive the GOAT discord
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

alright