G.O.A.T (Rules Revoked)

For all discussion about your usergroups or clubs. If you want to join a usergroup, or find members, this is the place to go to!
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

G.O.A.T (Rules Revoked)

Post by Goat »

Welcome, to the Guys Of Amazing Taste.

This club is an attempt to form a social group that will look for mutual interests and in turn create community events, give my own lack of faith in others to organize I will make an attempt to do things on my own terms.

This club is both invite and applyable, do you have what it takes to be a Guy Of Amazing Taste?

(Female and women applicants will be referred to as "Guys" here for the sake of the acronym, do not question the acronym!)

Our discord is no longer open to the public, go away

Top Goat
---
ImageImageImageImageImage

Triert
Ivogoji
Keaton
Eboy
NachoThePikachu

Kids
---
Chao Professor
Last edited by Goat on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: G.O.A.T.

Post by Crash32 »

Wow, what kind of male pig are you?
Can your simple mind not understand that females are not only equal to men, but also better in every way?
I am absolutely triggered by this and I will be writing about this on my Tumblr blog.

Disgusting.

(and then everyone applauded and I was handed $50 by the teacher)
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

What would happen in this club anyhow? Would we just talk about how amazing and patrician our taste our in certain subjects? If so then I'll take vidya.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I refuse to join unless everyone here genuinely has amazing taste.

And, you know, all discussion doesn't revolve around internet media and freeware games Ivo is incapable of accessing.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Crash32 wrote:Wow, what kind of male pig are you?
Can your simple mind not understand that females are not only equal to men, but also better in every way?
I am absolutely triggered by this and I will be writing about this on my Tumblr blog.

Disgusting.

(and then everyone applauded and I was handed $50 by the teacher)
You must be joking to think we'll ever give a space to women here. Remember, a lift at the gym is a woman not lifted out of oppression!
retrolinkx wrote:What would happen in this club anyhow? Would we just talk about how amazing and patrician our taste our in certain subjects? If so then I'll take vidya.
This club can be the club most of us never had in college and high school, a step above the common rabble of vidya itself while also giving back to the community by hosting events for everyone involved.
Ivogoji wrote:I refuse to join unless everyone here genuinely has amazing taste.

And, you know, all discussion doesn't revolve around internet media and freeware games Ivo is incapable of accessing.
freeware games ivo is incapable of accessing

Do you mean to talk about all the DOS Freeware games collecting dust over on the abandonware websites?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

That didn't answer anyone's questions.

It just the raises more questions!
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

y.i.k.e.s.

you individuals keep existing somehow
help me
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Always question acronyms. Always. It can only be concluded from "G.O.A.T" that Triert is not Goat and that Goat is actually a species confused Sheep pretending to be Triert and an actual Goat.
THE REVELATIONS. But that's okay.

Given the fact I'm also still confused on it's ultimate purpose, which I can only assume is benevolent. My reaction to this club is only:

This is like some sort of General Discussion that has to agree on what topics it makes? And then it makes cool organized stuff like this? Am I taking this the right way? AM I?

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Ivogoji wrote:That didn't answer anyone's questions.

It just the raises more questions!
Yes
Lord Spiritomb wrote:y.i.k.e.s.

you individuals keep existing somehow
chaoadventures wrote:Always question acronyms. Always. It can only be concluded from "G.O.A.T" that Triert is not Goat and that Goat is actually a species confused Sheep pretending to be Triert and an actual Goat.
THE REVELATIONS. But that's okay.

Given the fact I'm also still confused on it's ultimate purpose, which I can only assume is benevolent. My reaction to this club is only:

This is like some sort of General Discussion that has to agree on what topics it makes? And then it makes cool organized stuff like this? Am I taking this the right way? AM I?
On the internet, no one knows you're a ruminant.

But yes, you are very correct. Our ultimate goal here especially with invited members such as Ivogoji here is to create a super group that controls the flow and eb of activity between everyone by creating community events given that we either have one or all of the following affecting us.

- Antisocial and/or introverted behavior that prevents us from getting closer or wanting to get close despite having more opportunities than ever before to do so.
- The accepted notion that someone else will simply make events.

I mean, I doubt there are many difficulties in this day and age to play games together, stream movies, cartoons, anime and the like. Or even host our own radio show, we need activity, we need the GOAT's to lead this charge straight into the posterior of our decline and send it rising, rising from the sharp horns of togetherness and community that creates many strong forums and groups of people that others only wish they could join.

As for agreeing what topics and events we make here, it's better to form schedules rather than leave it up to the chaos of democracy that votes on favorites. That way we avoid a majority voting on a game where we collect hats and craft weapons like people do in a certain game that starts with T.

That's right, I'm looking at you TERRARIA
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

I'm part of another forum where things are run a little differently-
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/index.php

For one thing, that forum is about Godzilla. Know what they talk about there? Godzilla. Know what they don't talk about? Things that aren't Godzilla (number of political topics: 0, number of social issues topics: 0, number of MMORPG topics: 0, number of non-kaiju related movie topics: four or five, one of them is about the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, where there was more discussion than in this forum, number of Pokemon related topics: just 1)

But that's not the thing I want to draw your attention to, outside of pointing out how egregiously non-Sonic and Chao related discussion around here is compared to a much more active forum that only talks about what it was established to talk about, in complete and utter contrast to Chao Island.

No no no, what I want to draw attention to is how organized the discussion in this forum is. They have a schedule of Monster Discussion, Movie Discussion, and Movie Character Discussion threads that the staff check off about once a week or so. Instead of just randomly bumping old threads, there is a schedule for Talkbacks, and a schedule for posting new Discussion threads, and everything is done in an orderly fashion.

Now, say we took the same approach.

Made a list of SEGA games and characters, posted official discussion threads every couple of weeks for each of them, and then whenever we feel like it have talkbacks to revisit old topics.

We could make a schedule of Sonic characters and other franchises but mostly Sonic games and characters BECAUSE IVO'S GONNA LEAVE CI IF HE CAN FIND BETTER SONIC DISCUSSION ON A GODZILLA BOARD GUYS and have someone be in charge of maintaining the threads and creating/bumping them.

It would be an efficient means of keeping up discussion and preventing lulls in activity from being a problem.

Anyway that's my idea.

As long as you folks aren't too proud to imitate another forum's organizing style, and are willing to talk about Sonic the skreeonking Hedgehog once in my short life please, dear God PLEASE.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

The G could also stand for gals. Just sayan'. GOATs 'n GOATs. I guess the gender neutral variant could be Goats Of Amazing Taste? **** it. Let's just put all our differences aside and play Minecraft. Only then can tumblrinas and dudebros live together in peace.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Ivogoji wrote:Anyway that's my idea.

As long as you folks aren't too proud to imitate another forum's organizing style, and are willing to talk about Sonic the skreeonking Hedgehog once in my short life please, dear God PLEASE.
Shame in imitation? You won't find any in me.

But control of the flow of discussion, that might be harder to impliment. Currently while I have people distracted over the first g, I find we have ample time to discuss how to control and radically change CI.

How much can we talk about the franchise apart from what we don't already do in the sonic misc forum? Say for instance we're the ones to start a new topic, we'd have to come up with something new and something that can catch and keep attention. Unlike Godzilla, how much history does Sonic have that we can talk about? We'd have better luck bringing a false sense of interest and focus to the Archie comics in order to get more people talking about an aspect of Sonic we here have ignored or haven't given nearly as much attention as the rest of the franchise.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

What Ivo is thinking:

An index of Sonic Game Dimension threads (which can include other SEGA games and games that are popular with the community like the Smash Bros. series)

An index of Sonic Character Discussion threads (including other SEGA characters familiar to Sonic fans like NiGHTS)

An index of threads covering Sonic related hacks/mods/etc, especially Chao hacks (we already have a bunch of threads like that, we just need to organize and maintain them)

An index of discussion threads for Sonic related media like the comics and tv shows and merchandise

Since we have a Pokemon subforum, there's no reason not to do the same for Pokemon games, media, characters, etc.

So like, one week we'll post a Sonic 2 discussion thread plus a Tails character discussion thread plus a Sonic 2 hacks discussion thread, then a week or two later we post a Sonic Adventure discussion thread plus a Tikal thread plus a Pokemon DPPt thread, and every so often we do a talkback on one of the old topics, and just go on like that forever.

And all of these would be organized into indexes that are stickied and easily accessible to anyone.

And these indexed topics would be the "official", usergroup-maintained topics, and in the mean time anyone can post topics on the same subject matter whenever they want to, we just won't index or bump those additional topics.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Ivogoji wrote:And these indexed topics would be the "official", usergroup-maintained topics, and in the mean time anyone can post topics on the same subject matter whenever they want to, we just won't index or bump those additional topics.
"And in the mean time anyone can post topics on the same subject whenever they want to, we just wont index or bump those additional topics."

So elaborate if I'm wrong, we'll host topics and have them featured as the focus of the week and other people are allowed to make separate topics that are related to the ones we made?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Yes.

Our goal should be to direct discussion, not police it.

What I'm specifically talking about though is having a schedule of topics to create and bump; if someone outside the group creates or bumps a similar topic ahead of schedule, no big deal, we adapt.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Adapt? But I didn't think we would pay much attention to topics outside the focus of the week?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Well, we wouldn't have to I guess.

Are we going to do this? Do you have any other ideas?

I'd be glad to take responsibility for indexing character discussion threads.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

The other ideas beyond hosting events and other activities? Not really, though I do wish at the very least eboy would respond to the summons I made for him with a yes or no before we formally begin. I get the feeling Keaton himself might take a while.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Slighty doubt they'll answer.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Same here, good thing I planned for a slow start.

So what should we do first, event hosting? Looking into streaming? CI Radio Channel?

I should mention that in regards to some of them, we'd have to rely on steam. This laptop and the desktop I have available is in no condition to host much of anything.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Remember that all I have is a phone; you're on your own with anything that requires a real computer.

I can get started on creating index topics and post character/game discussion threads later this week. If we're going to include non-Sonic stuff in our schedule though I need names. I take it we would already have TF2 and Minecraft threads, what else is popular here? What do we need topics and groups for?
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I received word from on high that i should so i am. (and sorry for the late response, i had a busy weekend and was at a tournament yesterday ;u;")

Also i'd like to make note that i only have a laptop atm i can use for anything and its not very powerful, though i can manage to get tf2 to run. HOWEVER, i do like the idea of streaming and even i as of late have been streaming a few pokemon ds games for people like nach where I played a mystery dungeon game i have yet to try and i'm trying to nuzlocke platinum. That's been fun so if we could do some streaming stuff i'd be so on board
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Ivogoji wrote:Remember that all I have is a phone; you're on your own with anything that requires a real computer.

I can get started on creating index topics and post character/game discussion threads later this week. If we're going to include non-Sonic stuff in our schedule though I need names. I take it we would already have TF2 and Minecraft threads, what else is popular here? What do we need topics and groups for?
Jojo is also very popular, but I get the feeling outside of a Jojo General Discussions topic we not put much effort aside from that. I also don't find a point in making groups beyond what we have here unless we have people joining.

I'd also ask that any topics you have in mind be brought here first.

Edit: I thought about it just now, isn't it more important we go through phase 1 first? Phase 1 being making a name for ourselves here and more or less connecting with the community and by proxy having the community form more ties to each other before we think about assigning and making topics?
KeatonLabs wrote:I received word from on high that i should so i am. (and sorry for the late response, i had a busy weekend and was at a tournament yesterday ;u;")

Also i'd like to make note that i only have a laptop atm i can use for anything and its not very powerful, though i can manage to get tf2 to run. HOWEVER, i do like the idea of streaming and even i as of late have been streaming a few pokemon ds games for people like nach where I played a mystery dungeon game i have yet to try and i'm trying to nuzlocke platinum. That's been fun so if we could do some streaming stuff i'd be so on board
I didn't have too much in mind for streaming games, but if people find it interesting enough to show up to I suppose we can do that too.
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

this whole website represents a major aspect of my aesthetic tastes
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »