Pokémon X and Y.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Re: Pokémon X and Y.

Post by mintdrop »

if that is flying type eeveelution i will
I AM GONNA GET IT
JUST YOU SEE

also how could it be fighting? WHERE'S THE PUNCHY TAIL.

it would make sense if it was flying because:
- those strings are like a kite or jet streams which allow it to be more aerobic
- it has freakishly huge ears
- it has sky blue eyes
- it vaguely resembles skyla? :0
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by EliOceans »

I hope that thing is fake.
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

^
That was my original attitude. I like it ok now.

If its dragon or flying I will be dissapointed.

Flying needs wings and dragon needs to be more vicious.

Normal type I could deal with.
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Okays guys, so theory time.
Spoiler:
Alright, so assuming that Ninfia is not the same type as the previous evolutions and that it only has one type like all the rest, there are 10 possible types it can be. (Also assuming the rumor that there will be Light and Sound type is false)

Steel:
All current pure steel types are grey, or at least have some grey on them.

Fighting:
All current pure fighting types are "tough" looking, with all being look wise inclined towards fighting.

Flying:
There is only one pure flying pokemon, which is a legendary, has an obvious way of flying. All over non-pure flying have some obvious way of flying.
(Except for Doduo, I have no idea how that flies)

Poison:
All current pure poison pokemon are purple or green. With a "sinister" look.

Ground:
All current pure ground pokemon are plated, rough, or tough looking.

Rock:
All current pure rock pokemon are made of rocks. (With the exception of Bonsly/Sudowoodo)

Bug:
All current pure bug pokemon are derived from insects.

Dragon:
All current pure dragon pokemon are sharp or rough looking. (With the exception of Dratini and Dragonair, which are pre evolutions)

Ghost:
All current pure ghost pokemon are grey or dark, and look like ghosts.

And all that leaves now is normal type.
Looking at other pure type normals, we have many overly pink and sweet pokemon such as Ninfia.
She is rather plain with no discerning features, unlike the other eeveelutions who all allude to their type.
Looking at her colours and features, she most alludes to normal type.

Now lets take a look at this, released a few months ago.

Its a poster for a short involving Eevee and Pikachu and obviously the eeveelutions.
Now notice the text.

Each character represents an eeveelution (and eevee) and there is one extra, which is a pink bow.
Obviously this is for Ninfia.
Why am I bringing this up?
Eeveelutions are often released in pairs. Making a normal eeveelution would most likely signal the end of them making them altogether.
Ninfia will most likely be released alone, strengthening the argument for normal type.

WHIIIICH makes me really sad because I really wanted a poison and dragon eeveelution D:
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

^
As much as that would suck, I concur

At least we still have swampert
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by EliOceans »

Oh but wait, there's stars too!

I mean... it'd be cool...
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
Omelet
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Omelet »

I noticed the stars too, thought it could probably be another :o
Mhhhmmm... I am tasty enough for you, anon-kun? *sizzle*
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

You guys do have a point!
Purrhaps the stars are another one! X3 We can hope at least.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

It better be real. I think I have another favorite Eeveelution now! It's so cute, with the little bow and ribbon thingies.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

@kausa
How many animal puns are you gong to use?!?! X3

And I don't think so.... Maybe. Could be a ground type? I'd hope so.
Last edited by Zacmac74 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
What animal puns? O_O
Or were you talking to Kausa and didn't notice my post?
What is my life anymore?
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

Oh, sorry, meant that for Kausa. Haha. Also, the ribbons make it look weird to me.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Hehe mostly just fish and cat, but being fair I don't have my auto fish punner on right now.
Buuuut now I do! >:3
Thank you fur reminding me to turn it on!
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Poseidon »

I think ninfia/ninfeon/nympheon is bug type.
Big creepy eyes, bows or butterfly wings???, and those streamers remind me of feelers.
Bug type, yo.
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

Doesn't matter what type it is to me. :3

IT IS PINK AND BLUE MAN.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Poor Fennekin.

I'll take them both. :D
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

I also have a theory :3
Spoiler:
Ninfeon is a female exclusive eeveelution. It's also flying type. Look at those kite ear things. Spread out in opposite directions, they look like an X. I also have a theory that they're making a fighting type male exclusive eeveelution that has a resemblance to a Y.

They'll probably be female/male exclusive eeveelutions which you get by levelling up an Eevee. :3

THAT'S WHAT I HOPE ANYWAY
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

^
That's a nice theory. I was going to suggest smogon add it to the most flamboyant pokemon list, but the fact it could be gender exclusive is interesting.

So is coro coro all leaked?
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Oh a gender exclusive would be neat! I bet the boy looks awesome >:3
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

Kausa wrote::C I was sad too, I liked the bird.
You and me both, that bird looked awesome and a comment on the website you linked to said it would have been Poison/Flying! That would've been so cool! Daybreak-machine, one of the artists who made the fakemon scan also made a Dragon/Poison type that was based off a gorgon. It looks so cool and I wish it was real (hell, the whole evolutionary line is great)! If it were in the games, I would have snagged it in a heartbeat!

The worm...Well, considering the way I am about bugs in general, I can easily do without it.

Ravenyte wrote:I also have a theory :3
Spoiler:
Ninfeon is a female exclusive eeveelution. It's also flying type. Look at those kite ear things. Spread out in opposite directions, they look like an X. I also have a theory that they're making a fighting type male exclusive eeveelution that has a resemblance to a Y.

They'll probably be female/male exclusive eeveelutions which you get by levelling up an Eevee. :3

THAT'S WHAT I HOPE ANYWAY
It's an interesting theory, but I'm not a fan of it because eevee and it's current eeveelutions (excluding the newly revealed Ninfia for a moment because we know very little about it) are already predominantly male and the easiest way to get a female besides cloning, trading, or breeding (all of which are relatively time consuming) is to keep turning on and off the power until you get a female from the NPCs who give out eevees, the other way being constantly buying eevees from Game Corner in HeartGold/SoulSilver with the power reset method and trading from there. I prefer to have the option to get a female version of an eeveelution (or most pokemon for that matter) if I so choose. Why do I care about the gender? I just have a preference for female pokemon is all. I guess I just really like playing as my own gender in games if I have the opportunity, even if it's indirectly. I don't see why a fighting type should be so special and have a male only version. I would also like to see Ninfia be both genders just because I find the idea amusing and cute (like male Lopunnies, for example).
Kausa wrote:Okays guys, so theory time.
Spoiler:
Alright, so assuming that Ninfia is not the same type as the previous evolutions and that it only has one type like all the rest, there are 10 possible types it can be. (Also assuming the rumor that there will be Light and Sound type is false)

Steel:
All current pure steel types are grey, or at least have some grey on them.

Fighting:
All current pure fighting types are "tough" looking, with all being look wise inclined towards fighting.

Flying:
There is only one pure flying pokemon, which is a legendary, has an obvious way of flying. All over non-pure flying have some obvious way of flying.
(Except for Doduo, I have no idea how that flies)

Poison:
All current pure poison pokemon are purple or green. With a "sinister" look.

Ground:
All current pure ground pokemon are plated, rough, or tough looking.

Rock:
All current pure rock pokemon are made of rocks. (With the exception of Bonsly/Sudowoodo)

Bug:
All current pure bug pokemon are derived from insects.

Dragon:
All current pure dragon pokemon are sharp or rough looking. (With the exception of Dratini and Dragonair, which are pre evolutions)

Ghost:
All current pure ghost pokemon are grey or dark, and look like ghosts.

And all that leaves now is normal type.
Looking at other pure type normals, we have many overly pink and sweet pokemon such as Ninfia.
She is rather plain with no discerning features, unlike the other eeveelutions who all allude to their type.
Looking at her colours and features, she most alludes to normal type.

Now lets take a look at this, released a few months ago.

Its a poster for a short involving Eevee and Pikachu and obviously the eeveelutions.
Now notice the text.

Each character represents an eeveelution (and eevee) and there is one extra, which is a pink bow.
Obviously this is for Ninfia.
Why am I bringing this up?
Eeveelutions are often released in pairs. Making a normal eeveelution would most likely signal the end of them making them altogether.
Ninfia will most likely be released alone, strengthening the argument for normal type.

WHIIIICH makes me really sad because I really wanted a poison and dragon eeveelution D:
If Ninfia were the last one I would be sad too, because I want to see an eeveelution of every type except bug! I mean, this artist drew great design concepts for 'em (the Ghost one is actually unsettling to me, mainly because of it's eyes)! This is another set of design concepts that I like as well.

(Note: I really want to credit both artists for these pictures and tried finding a source but to no avail. Apparently both pictures have been pushed around so much that it's hard to find a source.)
PinkIceFox wrote:On the bulbapedia forums people keep complaining about the possibility of character customization because they don't want pokemon to "turn into the Sims".

I suspect a bunch of them do not actually know what the Sims is like.
Are you freaking serious? I don't think they've played the Sims either if they really think that something as small and minor as character customization is going to bring about huge amounts of change to the pokemon games. Why does that always seem to be the reaction to character customization in games that might or are about to introduce it? Have they forgotten that quite a few very successful games allow for character customization (and probably even more than pokemon will ever give at that) like Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, some MMOs, and yet the gameplay isn't at all like a Sims game? In MMOs, if there isn't much room for customization, many potential players get turned off by it (me included).

As for Ninfia, the design is very cute, but it still rings as very strange to me. It's eyes unsettle me a bit sometimes, like they're gonna steal my soul. o~o I definitely think it's going to be either flying or normal. I think there is a very small possibility for fighting (it could use it's ribbons to punch and still do eevee kicks which would be cute), but it's highly unlikely. Ninfia's color scheme doesn't seem to fit anything but flying or normal, it's color scheme being closer to a normal typing than anything else in my opinion. I just really hope it doesn't turn out to be some secret legendary, or I'm going to be really annoyed. :/
Last edited by Blasphemy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I thought I clicked the edit button, I'm really sorry about the double post!
Last edited by Blasphemy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Ninfia could be being released alone to balance out the number of eeveelutions.

I mean, we started with 3 so adding two more each time would keep leaving us with an odd number.
SuperCyber15
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SuperCyber15 »

0490-5384-7218 this is my friend code. if you add me please pm me so i know to add you back! if i dont respond to your pm its bc i dont want to add you
[4:36:55 PM] minty kun: I heard someone say "it's the gay people's fault we have aids" go dip your testicles in liquid nitrogen
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

PinkIceFox wrote:Ninfia could be being released alone to balance out the number of eeveelutions.

I mean, we started with 3 so adding two more each time would keep leaving us with an odd number.
Unless you count Eevee as one.
What is my life anymore?