Pokémon X and Y.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Pokémon X and Y.

Post by Zacmac74 »

@Blasphemy:
Wow. All of that guys designs are really impressive! Wouldn't mind seeing almost all of them!

Again, anybody know if more information will come?
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

According to Serebii, Ninfia's English name has just been released. It's official name is Sylveon. More news about Sylveon will be released next month. It's a cute name, to say the least!
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

Sylveon. Like sylph, a female air spirit? :3 thats really cute, i like that a lot!
And Phemy, i can see where you're coming from having both genders of that eeveelution! Though I still think it will be female-exclusive, you ask what would be so special about it. Well, i think it would be a huge bonus to have a mammal that knows fly, let alone an eeveelution, and it will probably have a really good movepool. it also looks a bit more... novel than regular pokemon? not to say the male exclusive will be bad, i just think slyveon will be special. :3

NEW THEORY:
Spoiler:
(18:03:35) Ravenyte: sylveon is a new eeveelution
(18:03:39) Ravenyte: it is a cute
(18:03:42) Flame: OH
(18:03:51) Flame: IS IT THAT TRICKSTER EEVEELUTION
(18:04:05) Ravenyte: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/uploa​d/thum ... 3​_p13.png
(18:04:09) Ravenyte: yes
(18:04:34) Ravenyte: i want it to be flying and female exclusive and also a MALE FIGHTING TYPE EEVEELUTION GODDAMN ;^;
(18:04:37) Flame: It's alright, but in my opinion doesn't hold a candle to Glaceon
(18:05:04) Ravenyte: even if it is normal, i really want it :<
(18:05:05) Flame: I totally said that it should be a flying type on Skype yesterday!
(18:05:14) Flame: It's be a subversion
(18:05:20) Flame: I HAVE NO WINGS AND YET I FLY
(18:05:31) Ravenyte: trolltrickster eevee
(18:05:32) Flame: >Looks at Shaymin special form
(18:05:34) Ravenyte: oh my god
(18:05:36) Flame: piss off shaymin
(18:05:43) Ravenyte: SYLVEON IS HOMESTUCK TYPE
(18:05:48) Flame: YES
(18:05:48) Ravenyte: EVERYONE GO HOME
(18:06:06) Ravenyte: that is obviously
(18:06:10) Ravenyte: the best theory
(18:06:22) Flame: that theory > other theories
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I was questioning why the male exclusive fighting type should be so special that remains as exclusively male, not Sylveon.

With the way Sylveon is being shown and how most of it's information is being kept secret, I'm still nervous that it might end up bring a pseudo-legendary, and I'd rather not have that happen because obtaining one would probably become a hassle. I don't really want Sylveon to be anymore "special" than the other eeveelutions, truthfully. Maybe special in the eyes of it's fans more so than by official game standards.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

^I agree on both points. Considering the gender ratio for Eevee is so disproportionate I'd rather avoid the gender requirement, myself. It just seems like an unnecessary hassle that if present would add nothing.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Weird name, but kinda cute? Depends on how its pronounced.

Hm yeah I suppose I'm leaning more towards flying now?
I don't know. Its all so confusing.
@-@ Neeext month? Ugh.
Maybe they'll release its other half too!

Edit:
So I just saw these, I don't know for sure if their official, but if not this person needs to work for nintendo.
Spoiler:
To me the last two look like signal beam and swift, which are bug and normal type.
Can't even guess the first two though.

Edit 2:
Ya know, not that I spend some time looking at it, I think it looks more male than female oddly enough.
Reminds me a lot of Mr.Mime/Mime.Jr.
It looks like a clown or some type of performer to me.
I think its the neck bow that does it.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

^
I was guessing shock wave?

Yeah those are legit. Because of swift and shock wave I'm saying its normal. What flying knows an electric move that Solent have secondary typing? Or bug, but yeah....
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Sylveon? What a cute name! And yeah, I'm leaning towards Flying Type, due to the name apparently being derived from "sylph".
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
LeafNinja
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by LeafNinja »

Looks like Trump Card to me. I'm still leaning towards the Normal-type theory.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

From an Image I've seen showing Sylveon's name in other languages... we have the French name of Nymphali and the Dutch name of Feelinara.

A Nymph, besides being a mythological creature, is the name of the infant form of many insects.

Feelinara = Feelers = Antennae.

If Sylveon is not a bug type, I'm going to be impressed with Nintendo's ability to screw with people. xD (Then again, I'm part of the Animal Crossing fandom so..)
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

If it were a Bug Type, I would expect it to, well, you know.... Actually look like a bug? Like, I would imagine a Bug Type Eeveelution to be green, have a pair of antenna on its forehead, maybe an extra pair of legs, bug wings on its back, possibly a stinger for a tail...
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Well, Eevee is based off of mammals. It'd be kind of difficult to make a mammal look like a bug without making it into an eldrich abomination.

This is hardly the first time Pokemon has made a pokemon a certain type without it looking like it would fit that type.

Image This is a dragon! Image This is a rock! Image This is a bug! Despite all the other crustaceans being water type. Image This is a pure steel type.
Image This is an electric type.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

A bug type eeveelution?

I've heard of crazier things, but this theory you're putting on the table PIF makes more sense then people making circles and drawing conclusions.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

I would have thought it a little bizarre at first myself. But the eeveelutions are usually named based on their type. The fact that both the other names for Sylveon can be attributed to bugs, I kind of have to guess that it could be a possibility.

I just looked up 'Sylvan'. What is the first definition of sylvan?
1. of, pertaining to, or inhabiting the woods.
Kinda buggy, I guess?

I'm not going to feel stupid if I'm wrong. Mainly because I didn't guess when I came up with this theory, I just used what Nintendo gave me.
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Poseidon »

As I said before, I totally do think it's bug type. To me, those bows look way too much like butterfly wings for it to be a coincidence.
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I am leaning towards bug type as well. Pink Ice Fox put up many good points, after all, Eevee-names are very indicative. What is Leafeon? Grass. Glaceon. Jolteon. Flareon, the list goes on. Even Umbreon and Espeon are pretty easy to tell with a quick check to a dictionary.
Also, It's eyes. It doesn't like it in most pictures, but in the picture with it and the other Eeveelutions, it has a shiny coating on its eye, and no real pupil. Bug-like. And it has two little sharp teeth, unlike others, making it a bit less mammalian.
That being said, Nintendo did an amazing job in making it bug type, and absurdly cute. Also, bug type would not be my preference, but hey, new Eevee is fun enough.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I don't see how having sharp/pointed teeth makes it less mammalian. I understand the point of it having sharp teeth unlike the other eeveelutions, but that's not really indicative of not being a mammal considering many mammals out there have razor sharp teeth.

Last I noticed, Sylveon does seem to have pupils. In the CoroCoro scan, look very closely between all of their eyes for the page on the left. The white dot, which would be the pupil, then near the bottom are the highlights for where light would hit their eyes. This happens for all of them. Sylveon simply has a very light color for it's eyes compared to the rest of them. I almost want to say that it's eye color is more reminiscent of a flying type (light blue), but I feel that's a stretch.

While some of you have put up good points for it being a bug type, I'm still leaning towards normal or flying. Flying because Sylveon and Nymphali (French name) both remind me more of Sylph and Nymph, and both could be wind spirits. Normal due to the color scheme being most reminiscent of a normal type, particularly Skitty.
Last edited by Blasphemy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Henri Poincare

Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

^
Exactly. A nymph is like a forest spirit or whatever. Also, PIF, to me all of those look like their respective types. Other than mawile.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Probably because you've known their types for a while now.

Altaria looks like a bird. A bird in a cloud. There is absolutely no dragon in it. When I first found out it was a dragon type I thought someone had trolled around in Bulbapedia and no one had fixed the errors yet.

There is NOTHING about Sudowodo that looks like a rock. Hell it's NAME is a version of 'pseudo wood' pretty much 'false wood' meaning it's supposed to look like it's made of wood. Gamefreak trolling everyone.

Like I said before. Every other crustacean pokemon has been a water type. Dwibble is based off a hermit crab. Something that lives in the bloody ocean. When I saw it for the first time, I expected its typing to be another water/ground type. I didn't even think he'd be a bug type.

Stunfisk looks like it'd be another ground/water type. It's a freaking fish. The only thing hinting it could be electric when you don't know it's name is the yellow on it. And that barely counts because Mawile has yellow on her and she's not electric!

Though I agree about sylphs and nymphs also meaning forest spirits (I study fey mythology, I already knew both of those definitions of the words), the only reason that I used the other definitions was because of the german name Feelinara. I wish I knew German so I could find out if the name comes from a different word. I would have thought some German speaking fans on bulbapedia would have explained any word origins by now though. |: It's keeping me from being able to make a language-accurate guess about their name.

Though I'd still say Sylveon is a stretch to look like a flying type or a bug type since it doesn't look like it can be airborne or like it's a bug.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Altaria is Dragon-Flying, Dwebble is Bug-Rock, Stunfisk is Ground-Electric, and I think Mawile fits in with the rest of the pure steel pokemon.
Now I will give you Sudowoodo and Bonsly, but I doubt Gamefreak is going to troll us twice.

All my arguments for the type came from looking from pure types, as they most likely won't make an eeveelution that is duel typed.

@Mamkute
Its eyes really creep me out, those could completely be bug eyes to me I suppose.
EliOceans
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by EliOceans »

So what'd the Coro Coro give us?
Pssst. Thanks SonicRainboom for the avatar!
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

I still feel like the types, for the most part, make sense.

Some, I agree with. I still think normal type.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

>Thinks about pokemon I hate or would really hate if they became a thing

>Realizes they haven't made a cockroach yet

Omfg, Nintendo...PLEASE, for the sake of one of your bigger fans who happens to have insectophobia, please please pretty please with a cherry on ****ing top, DO NOT MAKE A COCKROACH POKEMON! Gavantula (or however you spell that terrible, insipid thing) was enough! Oh god, just imaging it now makes my skin craaawl. UGH.
-Henri Poincare

Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

D: Oh gosh, I hope that they don't do that for people like you Phemy!
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I mean, I know they're gonna continue making bug pokemon whether I like it or not, but exaggerating about it was fun. What I said about Gavantula was no lie though. I really REALLY hate it's design. That, and the insectophobia. Many of you probably know about that one already though.

Seriously though, no cockroaches Nintendo. Yuck.
Last edited by Blasphemy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Henri Poincare