Favourite Pokemon #1: Kanto

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Favourite Pokemon #1: Kanto

Post by SkyGinge »

Everybody has Pokemon that they like and Pokemon that they hate. What are your top ten favourite Kanto Pokemon? Please give us some reasons why you like them so much too. These reasons can vary: whether you like it for design, power, good memories with it, whatever. Whatever makes you so fond of it, explain it!

My top ten:

10: Kabutops (Rock/Water)

Kanto isn't a good reason Pokemon-wise for me: it is probably the second worst region for holding my favourite Pokemon. It's not that I'm not a fan of the original batch of Pokemon, merely that I like almost all of the equally and not immensely. Still, sitting at number ten is Kabutops. I've always liked its design, especially those scythe like claws and the menacing glare.

9: Arcanine (Fire)

Next up is Arcanine, an immensely powerful and awesome Pokemon. As I kid I always wanted one, but as I had Leaf Green and then Soul Silver, I never had the chance. Thankfully, my friend has since traded me a Growlithe that will evolve into Arcanine when it is ready. Generally I like its stats and its design: an all round good Pokemon.

8: Mewtwo (Psychic)

At number eight rests the original legendary Pokemon: Mewtwo. I'm not a fan of legendaries in general, but Mewtwo and its smaller counterpart are my favourites. Mewtwo looks as powerful as he is, and maybe due to some nostalgia, he might always remain my favourite main legendary.

7: Mew (Psychic)

I really was hard pressed trying to choose my favourites from this region because there are barely any that stand out for me. In the end, Mew gets in as my favourite legendary, cute and strong and probably the only one I'd consider using in a battle due to its appearance.

6: Charizard (Fire/Flying)

Like most of the general public, Charizard is one of my favourite Pokemon from the original games and it and the rest of its evolution chain are my favourite of the original starters. There's an undeniable sense of power in this awesome design and good memories of me evolving my Charmelion for the first time as a child bring the dragon starter to this position.

5. Lapras (Water/Ice)

I've always liked Lapras, and I'm not entirely sure why. I think, like most of the others here, it's mainly down to design seeing as I've never actually trained one properly. Looking at it gives me images of Ash and co. sailing on its back.

4. Nidoking (Poison/Ground)

Like Lapras, Nidoking has always been one of my favourite Pokemon. The design is awesome and I love how vast the amount of TM's it can learn is. It was included in pretty much every Leaf Green team I used as a child too.

3. Vileplume (Grass/Poison)

A bit of an odd choice perhaps, but I've always been fond of Vileplume. As a child it was my favourite Pokemon, and I think this was largely due to it being it wrong my favourite Pokemon card: my first shiny card with a powerful petal dance attack. Ever since I've grown fond of the design too: I like the oversized head and the way he peaks out from underneath it.

2. Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)

The original dragon himself, Dragonite manages to look friendly, loyal, and powerful. When I used to battle as a n00b on Battle Revolution, a Dragonite was a long running staple part of my team, and I also went to a lot of trouble to train said Dragonite up for a weak Dratini in Leaf Green.

And finally...
1. Jigglypuff

A bit of a silly choice really, but out of all of the first generation, Jigglypuff was the first pokin that sprung to mind when I began to think of favourites. Strangely enough, this is not at all due to main series Pokemon games. I think the main reason is because of how much I love using Jigglypuff (with a sun hat, of course) in the Smash Bros series to mess around. I think the influence of Mystery Dungeon's Wigglytuff (who I find hilarious) has also tinted my red red for Jigglypuff. And to top it off it's pretty darn cute too.

So that's my top. None of them come anywhere near my all time favourites though. What about you?
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: Favourite Pokemon #1: Kanto

Post by ShadriaFan »

1. Ninetales (Fire)
This lovely ninetailed fox always seemed to be loyal, powerful, and beautiful to me for years. For 8+ years a Ninetales has been showing up in my dreams as a guardian. In 2007, when my cat died, I started a trend of naming my Ninetales 'Socky' in memory of her. My team in Explorers of the Sky is maned by a lv 97 Ninetales as my character. Yeah, you can see I love this pokemon a lot...
2. Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)
For years I never owned a Dragonite as it was too difficult to train and I never saw one beyond Lance's team in R/B/Y/G/S/C until 2005 I made a friend and he showed me his own lv 100 Dragonite on his copy of Gold. I then strived to obtain one of my own. It took me years after that but at 2007 I got my first Dragonite in FireRed. I named him Buddy after my friend's Dragonite and in the end I lost him to my corrupted Pearl File at lv 100. I have since then obtained 4 Dragonites, each named Buddy.
3.Mew (Psychic)
This pokemon had me raging for years. I wanted one but I never could as at the time I had no wifi for events or the time to drive out to events either. I finally had to stoop down to gameshark for my first Mew. As time went on I finally got my real event Mew, and the Mystery Forest Mew on Explorers of Time/Sky. Mew, even to today, is one of the hardest Pokemon for me to get in the main games, Explorers, and the Ranger games. I came to love Mew from the movies however, from its cute appearance and movements, to it's adorable "Mew? Meeeww!", and childish antics got me.
4.Raichu
Raichu has been my electrical powerhouse for a long long time. They're adorable and look so fluffy. I have always hated how they seem to show Raichu as a bad character, be it Sho's Raichu or Lt. Surge's Raichu. :c But, really, Raichu is one of those Pokemon I can just hug all day. :3
5. Pidgeot
Being the first route bird doesn't mean that it's crap. Pidgeot has always been my staple flyer in the Kanto games. It looks beautiful with its plumage, and its attacks are great too.
6. Charizard
I LOVE FIRE TYPES. AND IT LOOKS LIKE A DRAGON TYPE. Ash's Charizard led me to like it more though. So rebellious. Hehe.
7. Blastoise
Blastiose has always seemed cool to me. I don't know....he just always has
8. Venusaur
Venuasuar always had that calm, mellow HP tank style to him to me.
9. Eevee
Eevee is also one of those 'Hug all day, every day' Pokemon, and the fact it has multiple evolutions mean that I can strategize what form I want it to evolve into.
10. Chansey
HARDEST POKEMON TO GET IN THE SAFARI ZONE. BUT IT HAS A HP TO DIE FOR. It would totally be my nurse/caretaker if it was real. :)
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

ShadriaFan wrote:Blastoise has always seemed cool to me
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^That is hilarious.

#1:Dugtrio:Killed the elite four in my Yellow version.(Named it Dig my-most literal name ever.)Replaced my Pikachu as my starter.

#2:Charizard:Flying/Fire that isn't a legendary AND a starter evolution that's madness I say,Ness madness! Oh and Ash has one.

#3:Zapdos: It's a lightning bird with a "drill" for a beak.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

Well, this'll be interesting....but before I begin, I'd like to say there needs be a "Animal Planet's the most...EXTREME" parody with Pokemon. It's gold just sitting there, not being mined.
Unless it has been, in which case that's the internet being the internet. (And speaking of them, imagine that show's announcer guy narrating these. The lists are suddenly more hilarious)

Number 10:
Fearow
Kind of an odd choice, I know, but just look at its wings! They're huge! I've always liked bird designs with massive wings (I blame Endless Waltz for that) and it has them. Plus its talons and beak aren't harmless-looking by any measure. Add to that the original sprites made its wings look even bigger and I always thought of it as this mediocre bird in terms of size (for Pokemon standards anyhow) with massive, awe-inspiring wings.

Number 9:
Blastoise
Ah, Blastoise. It was never my favorite 1st gen starter, but it is quite awesome. A hulking turtle with a pair of massive canons mounted on its back is an amazing idea. Plus, if you look at its R/B sprite it has a pose that makes it look like it's issuing a challenge to knock it down, which is hilarious if only for me.

Number 8:
Rhydon
I hear a lot of people making jokes about "back when I thought it [Rhydon] was rare," and I know in HGSS and least getting a Rhyhorn isn't much trouble, but Rhydon is awesome. It's got abs, a drill, a massive tail, hide made of stone, and a drill. Plus it looks like some kind of dinosaur creature and that's cool. It might just be the "Pikachu! The horn!" episode of Pokemon talking, but I always loved Rhydon. (Magmar gets honorable mention for making the narrator say "Will Pikachu become the world's cutest lava lamp!?")

Number 7:
Sandslash
Everything about this guy is cool. Spines? Check. Claws? Check. Slanted, catlike eyes? Check. Plus it evolves from the adorable Sandshrew and that nets it a few points.

Number 6:
Vulpix
Probably the cutest not-named-Mew Pokemon from gen I, Vulpix is one of my favorites because it's found late in the game, meaning my has-ADHD-and-couldn't-read 3 (or 2 or 4, Idk) year old self had no idea how to get it...plus I had Red, and (but I can't be certain) I think that one had Growlithe. So it always had this sort of impenetrable aloofness that added to its being cute. That and I love fire types.

Number 5:
Ninetails
The evolved form of Vulpix, Ninetails has a majestic design. It has nine tails that, in Stadium, it flicks forward one after another with perfect coordination. Seriously, that's gotta take practice. It also flings its feet in front of it like it's in a sissy fight whenever it attacks which was fun to watch. Putting the cherry on top of its mystique is that same unavailability that Vulpix had, as mentioned above.

Number 4:
Nidoking
I love this design. It's covered in spines, it's muscular enough to strangle a baby (Indian, of course) elephant. It's got a massive tail. Its scales look like armor. It has ridiculous versatility in the attacks it can learn (granted, I'm not sre if you can competitively say that but whatever). It has fangs and a horn. Combine all of that with the rentals in Stadium having earthquake (I was a noob back then, okay?) and it was my de facto "Hit a button and everything dies"...thing.

Number 3:
Scyther/Kabutops
Kinda cheating by putting them in the same slot, but then I like them for the same reasons so they're literally equal. Scyther is a giant flying mantis with scythes for hands. It has sick looking wings (but can't learn fly) and it has scythes for hands. Even ignoring the scythes it looks like a ninja. It's got the streamlined body for it, at least. Kabutops, on the other hand, has what looks like actual, man-made scythes for hands, has a half-dome head, and can kick in Stadium by planting his hands in the ground, lifting himself up, and swinging.

Number 2:
Mewtwo
The original Pokemon trump card, Mewtwo was that one thing that made you win. Let's go over why psychics were broken back in the day:
Of its two weaknesses, one had no good moves and the other was limited to a line of pokemon all weak to psychic
Psychic is resisted by nothing
Psychic is special.
And on top of that, Mewtwo just looks awesome. It just sort of gives off an air of power. It's also the only legendary pokemon from R/B/G/Y to neither serve as a Mew expy (Straight 100 base stats) or be part of a trio, making it the only "Independent" legend from Kanto. Plus I knew what it was, knew of its power, and couldn't get it, giving it that same "Ninetails/Vulpix" vibe.

Number 1:
Charizard
You've probably figured it out already since I said Blastoise wasn't my favorite starter but I still put it on the list, and I said I liked fire types, and the general public seems to love this dude, but here it is, the original Fire dragon, Charizard. It had the tail. It was a dragon. It had the massive wings. It could fly (Not in first gen but it could in Stadium, weird I know). It was just awesome. That, and it was the only one of Ash's Pokemon to consistently defy him, which made it amazing by default, and that's ignoring everything else I've said.
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

No Starmie or Gengar on any of these lists?

What uncultured ticks you all are!
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

^Starmie is poop in my opinion.

And whilst I appreciate the appeal of Gengar, it ain't for me
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Pic. v2.0
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Pic. v2.0 »

Where the poop is slowbro?
Twerk

(10:06:43) Pic._v2.0: DUMP BUCKETS OF PISS ON HER WHEN SHE IS SLEEPING
(10:07:02) Pic._v2.0: AND THEN PUT HER HAND IN HOT WATER
(10:07:13) Dr._Roivas: pic is a fan of urine related vengeance
Toram159
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Toram159 »

Almost all of my favorites are based around design. I wasn't lucky enough to have a nintendo wifi connection when I first started playing pokemon(Picked up in gen 4, and it still remains my favorite gen) so never got itno stats, evs, Ivs that kinda thing and mostly just tanked my way through everything.

10. Sandshrew(Ground)

Sandshrew is just adorable. And immune to Pikachu.

9. Parasect(Bug/Grass)

I don't normally care for bug type pokemon, save for vvillion, Scyther/Scizzor, and a handfull of others, but then I watched a top ten count down of pokemon with creepy backstories. Good god, that description. Parasect itself(Not counting mushroom) is pretty much dead, only being controlled by that giant ass mushroom. That and I like the design of alot of gen 1 pokemon

8. Aerodactyl(Rock/Flying)

One of my favorite episodes from the anime was the one when Ash and friends went to the mine(?) in the first season, and wound up waking up a bunch of fossil pokemon with Team Rocket. At first I was all "Meh" Cuz I didn't like the first four pokemon. Then Aerodactyl showed up. I thought it was really cool at the time, and still do. Also got a cool typing.

7. Charmeleon(Fire)

When I was a kid my favorite pokemon was Charmander through Charizard. Over time Charmeleon's design struck me as "I like this more then charizard" so there.

6. Vulpix(Fire)

Fire pokemon are my third favorite types. I like to say it's my inner pyromaniac(I like to burn stuff in video games.) and I also like cute things. Thus Vulpix.

5. Mewtwo(Psychic)

Gen 1 had only a handful of legendaries, as you all know, and there were few that I liked. Then I found out about Mewtwo from the first Pokemon movie. Overtime I had began to like it more and more. Most of it for the design.

4. Nidoking(Poison/Ground)

I have always liked Nidoking's design. For most of my childhood it's design reminded me of Godzilla, my favorite giant monster, and as I got older and found out about more obscure monsters, it reminded me of one of my top favorites. Baragon. Plus it's just badass as all holy hell.

3. Muk(Poison)

I... I have no idea why. I just like Muk. 'Nuff said.

2. Cubone(Ground)

I love cubone's design, for starters it's a dinosaur(Kangaroo dinosaur possibly) which is eff'n awesome. I love dinosaurs, which is totally irrelivent. Alongside that it's backstory is immensly dark. A baby pokemon orphaned because team rocket decided they needed money, which is one of the reasons why I believe team Rocket is the worst team out there.

1. Haunter(Ghost/Poison)

Ghost type is by far my favorite typing in Pokemon. eversince I saw the Grudge I had a love for horror, even if I wasn't ballsy enough to actually get into it. All the Ghost pokemon, save for a few, have incredibly dark stories to 'em, my favorite being Bannette, and Haunter is jsut my favorite gen 1 ghost(Also one of like 3 so). As with everything else on my list, a majority of it is it's design. It just looks awesome.
Deviant Art: http://toram159.deviantart.com/
RP Repository: http://www.rprepository.com/p/Sketch444/
Steam: Toram159/Sketch444
XBL Gamer Tag: Malum159
PSN: etcha-sketch159
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

10. Vaporeon
9. Aerodactyl
8. Charizard
7. Scyther
6. Kabutops
5. Scyther
4. Gengar
3. Golduck
2. Nidoking
1. Charmeleon
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Cupcakes are evil.

Post by Yukki »

12- Pidgeot evolution line (Normal/Flying, Normal/Flying, Normal/Flying)
11- Sandslash evolution line (Ground, Ground)
10- Gengar (Ghost/Poison)
9- Jynx (Ice/Psychic)
8- Bulbasaur
7- Dragonite evolutuion line (Dragon, Dragon,Dragon/Flying)
6- Jolteon (Electric)
5- Lapras (Water/Ice)
4- Ninetails (Fire)
3- Arcanine (Fire)
2- Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)
1- Eevee (Normal)
Ck.
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Ck. »

10. Ninetales
9. Sandshrew
8. Raichu
7. Mew
6. Alakazam
5. Pidgeot
4. Gengar
3. Vaporeon
2. Bulbasaur
1. Flareon
Current Build:
MSI 760GM-P23FX
AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8Ghz
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Heat Sink
GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
2xSeaGate Barracuda 500GB HDD @ 7200RPM
Sapphire Radeon 7770 GHz Edition GPU
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

5: Image
Incredible base HP of 178 and CooltrainerPOKE makes Image an ideal choice for any team in Generation 1.
Info: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/GlitchDex/Y:249

4: Image
It has poor base stats, but it learns CooltrainerPOKE at level 0 and its dual Normal/Normal typing makes it a mammoth in any fight against a Ghost type.
Info: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/GlitchDex/RB:208

3: Image
What a fantastic moveset, and that typing... just, yes. Image is a must have for any G1 player as well.
Info: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/GlitchDex/Y:208

2: Image
The one that started it all...
Don't you just wanna hug him?

You do. And that elusive Bird type, exclusive to him, is a really handy thing.
Info: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/GlitchDex/RB:000

1: Image
Image is literally the biggest badass ever. All of its stats max out at 999 at level 100 except for HP and Speed, and its third preset move can crash the game and delete its save file in an instant. A true monster.
Info: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/GlitchDex/Y:000
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

^Wow. :')

Funky stuff:
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Post by Mana »

10. Aerodactyl

I love Aerodactyl's dragon-like, and all-purple design. I've never had the chance to use him and because of his new Mega Evo, I feel like that's a must now, to at least give him a chance. His Mega Evo looks alright, I wish it was a little better in appearance, but I can't complain much about it. They gave Aerodactyl attention like it deserves. I wish the other Gen 1 fossil Pokes got attention too though.

9. Scyther/Kabutops

A bipedal, monstrous bug-like creature with scythe arms is badass. I've always thought the both of them were cool, but becoming familiar with kaiju monster movies in later years made me appreciate them even more. I've never used Scyther or Kabutops before for whatever reason, and I really hope I do get that chance one day. For Scyther, I just, really don't like how much different Scizor looks compared to Scyther. I don't really go for the claw hands over the scythe arms. Plus going from green to red is a bit of a downgrade to me. I was disappointed in Megazor looking even less like Scyther, but I'll admit that I can appreciate Megazor's even more cybernetic appearance. At least Scizor's shiny form is greenish, which is nice. For Kabutops, I can't really complain. If he had a Mega Evo that'd be cool to see but that's pretty much what all I can say.

8. Gyarados

Gyarados being based on a Chinese dragon is pretty neat, plus the story that inspired the evolution from Magikarp to Gyarados is great. I've always liked Gyarados for appearing to be one of the toughest things in the game and in the anime. Plus the Red Gyarados arc in the Gen 2 games helped my appreciation for him. Recently, due to my newer hobby of aquarium keeping, I've gained more respect for him because of Magikarp being a karp, and then karps are related to goldfish. So, really, Gyarados is kinda like a giant, draconian goldfish. I'm happy with Gyarados in-game, but never tried him on battle simulators. I'm also happy about his Mega Evo.

7. Dratini/Dragonair

I've always loved these two, Dratini for being awfully adorable, and then Dragonair following it up with being very pretty. I like their serpentine bodies and I love dragons to death. I've never used either in-game or competitively but would like to very much, but, the in-game issue is that I would have to keep Dragonair from evolving. I've been horribly disappointed in Dragonite's design since my youth, and that's never going to change. I can only hope that he gets a Mega Evo one day that makes him look like a "proper" evolution stage in the Dratini family.

6. Arbok

I love reptiles (snakes especially when not counting dragons), and I love the color purple. Arbok looks pretty damn cool and just as nasty. I've never had the chance to use him in-game, but I do use him on Pokemon Showdown. One complaint I have is that I wish his physical attack stat was made higher to better dish out his overall nice movepool. Arbok is a newer favorite of mine, and why I've grown to be more fond of poison-types than I have been in the past. I'm disappointed that it didn't get a Mega Evo, so I'm hoping he'll get one in a later game. If he does, I really want him to be Poison/Dragon.

5. Kadabra

I love its design to pieces, and it's pretty nice to use in-game. The reason why I prefer Kadabra over Alakazam is strictly because of its design. Alakazam didn't keep its glorious tail and nice little star and squiggle details. Megazam is just, they could have done so much better with the design. Another issue is that I can't seem to make much use out of Kadabra (Alakazam really) competitively and that disappoints me a lot.

4. Haunter/Gengar

I love everything about Haunter's design, and in-game he's okay to use. I do use him in battle simulators but the one issue I have with him is that I wish he had Ice Beam to utilize and his defenses need improvement. Despite preferring Haunter's design, Gengar still looks great. I love its mischievous grin, overall body shape, and you can never go wrong with purple. I think its concept is really neat, and it's the reason why I love ghost-types. Although, I've never had the chance to actually use Gengar in-game or on battle simulators. Some time soon I hope to test him out. I've liked Gengar since my childhood but he's grown on me even more as of late. Him having a Mega Evo being one of the reasons why; and I'm actually really happy about it. I like how he looks more like Haunter.

3. Arcanine

I love its design, the mythology it was based on, and I have a special thing with fire-types. I'll be disappointed if he never gets a Mega Evo in a future game. Even if I won't use it, I would at least like to see him get one for curiosity's sake. I use Arcanine competitively on Pokemon Showdown and he's worked very well for me. I don't think I'll replace him anytime soon.
Spoiler:
I also did this weird Pokemon spirit-animal imagery thing, and I got Arcanine and somehow Dragonair a second time. I now accept a Pokefusion of Arcanine and Dragonair as my spirit animal.
2. Mewtwo/Mew

I think Mewtwo is my favorite design of any Pokemon. I love the story of Mewtwo in the games; I love how he was featured in the anime; I love his attacks; everything. He's my main character to play as in SSBM (and I was very disappointed when he was replaced with Lucario in SSBB). Now I'm really hoping that Mewtwo comes back as a playable character in SSB4 if not a non-playable boss character or whatnot. I'm actually not really thrilled about his Mega Evos, but they're starting to grow on me. I think their design is what keeps me from loving them, but I think I'll like them more as time goes on. It's kinda neat that Megatwo Y looks similar to Mew while Megatwo X kinda looks like what people probably had in mind when thinking about a hypothetical Mewthree. He's also the reason why I like psychic-types.

I think Mew is one of the most adorable of the 'Mons. I absolutely love its involvement with the creation of Mewtwo in both the games and in the anime. I how it appeared in the first Pokemon movie and in that one anime special with the Mirage Pokemon. Mew's cuteness and relation to Mewtwo is why it's so high on my favorites list. They're two sides of the same coin. I have this really dumb wish, just to satisfy my curiosity, I want for there to somehow be a reason to give Mew a Mega Evo to compete with Mewtwo.

1. Charizard

I've always loved Charizard because of it being a fire-breathing dragon that has a pretty nice design. It's the reason why in the past I had a tendency to pick fire-type starters as my first starter in a new generation. Although, this streak ended when I picked Chimchar for my first time playing the Gen 4 games. I had a lot of bad luck with it and have chosen grass-types first since Gen 5 (but I boxed Chespin anyway; only wanting it just to get a chance to capture Articuno later on). My favoritism for Charizard increased even further because of its Mega Evos. Megazard X being what I always wished to see in Charizard. Black, without being shiny, and actually dragon-type as it deserves to be. Megazard Y's cool though, nice design. One thing I dislike about Charizard (but it's probably my fault), I can't find a nice fit for him competitively on battle simulators. He just doesn't seem to work for me at all in that respect.
Last edited by Mana on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I've always loved these two, Dratini for being awfully adorable, and then Dragonair following it up with being very pretty.
See, I don't like Dragonair because I had its team rocket Pokemon card as a kid and for some reason it scared the hell out of me :') Differing opinions, hey?

Funky stuff: