I think, we've got some Hoenn remakes on our hands.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: I think, we've got some Hoenn remakes on our hands.

Post by retrolinkx »

Tobi wrote:
retrolinkx wrote:Do you think they'll make the Rival battle on Route 110 easier?

I mean, that 4x effectiveness Giga Drain on Marshtomp kept me from continuing for a while.
Use Grovyle you nerd.
>picking and using the worst hoenn starter

LOL
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

>Solves your problem

>Laugh at solution
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: ?

Post by Rentu »

not really a solution if the solution just causes a bunch of problems later in game

Also, You can have Swampert learn Ice Beam? I remember in the Elite Four I did that, but I'm not sure when you get it (the tm). It's pretty useful tho
Do these look like the eyes of mercy

Deviant art account!•My art blog
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Almost all water types can learn Ice Beam bar one pokemon that's like, a stage one evolution garbagemon.
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

I don't see how that's a bad thing? I mean, it gives them an advantage over ice types B)

also what is a bar one pokemon

Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I never said it was a bad thing

also bar = except
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

oh ok

also, other ways to deal with that pesky rival is to use some dif pokes? Unless you got a sorta moral complex where starters must fight starters. In that case, yeah, ice beam will work wonders. Also maybe just decrease it's accuracy a ton with mudslap or smth, so it can't hit you and you can do whatever

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Primal Groudon new ability evaporates water attacks while Harsh Sunlight is out.

In other news, all that remains of Smogon is a crater of crap and useless ban hammers.

It also fills me with glee that so many Hoenn pokemon have, are, and are going to give Smogon even more trouble.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Has this went from ORAS discussion to Treedirt complains about smogon: the topic? I really don't want it to.

WE got awesome **** like Mega Gallade, why don't we talk about that instead of taking our whiny anger out on smogon because oh no they ban pokemon?
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Nova! wrote:Only if their actual stats are nerfed (Mega Kangaskhan is so far the only Mega that has been mentioned as Game Freak to actually be overpowered, and will probably get nerfed). Things like Megas that are banned are banned because they're too good at what they do, and unless a huge change to the meta happens (like Fairy typing being introduced), there's no reason for them to be brought back from banning, even if new megas completely counter them (Smogon stresses the fact that having a pokemon unbanned either because it' completely countered by specific other Pokemon or completely counters other just as powerful pokemon is not a good way for the meta to work, resulting in an unfavorable rock-paper-scissors meta). Nothing big is confirmed to being changed so far bar the new Megas.
Nova! wrote:Aegislash is banned in competitive unfortunately, so it'll be useless for Smogon (the only ghost type in OU now is the seldom used Gengar). However, it IS further proof that bunnies dominate ghost swords (first Diggersby, now mega Lopunny).
I make one post shading smogon but when you make two no one gives you any.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Because you're *****ing and moaning about Smogon. I was talking about how how Mega Lopunny's ability will be useless in competitive singles. Get over yourself.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I like the new megas, but I'm still sad because there has not been any mention of a mega Flygon yet (though this much should be obvious from my earlier posts). I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be announced.

Anyway, in the trailer, mega Camerupt looked like a giant fuzzy pancake to me because of the fur on the bottom around it's feet. I absolutely LOVE mega Gallade's opening animation when it evolves! I just think it's really cool. The only one I'm particularly worried about is primal Groudon because of it's new ability. Oh, primal Kyogre has an ability that snuffs out fire attacks? Big deal, I wouldn't pit a fire type against Kyogre anyway. Primal Groudon has an ability that gets rid of water attacks? Well ****, there goes my plans of having an okay time trying to capture it. Granted, ground type moves are still good to use, but it's not nearly as effective as water type moves. It'll be even worse if primal Groudon's special defense stat is upped along with it's regular defense.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

There are still 5 or 6 slots for megas left (assuming they're adding just as many as last installment and counting the primals as version exclusive megas). We're probs gonna get Ninetails and Flygon <3
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Ninetales is probably a no though it would be awesome if it or Arcanine got a mega evo (the best fire pokemon ever), but Flygon is pretty much guaranteed to get one.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Ninetails gets a mega that has solar power would be power
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

EvilPinkamina wrote:There are still 5 or 6 slots for megas left (assuming they're adding just as many as last installment and counting the primals as version exclusive megas). We're probs gonna get Ninetails and Flygon <3
i'd rather not have 50 mega's thank you.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

??? What are you talking about?
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

EvilPinkamina wrote:There are still 5 or 6 slots for megas left (assuming they're adding just as many as last installment and counting the primals as version exclusive megas). We're probs gonna get Ninetails and Flygon <3
X and Y added 24 megas, i'd rather not have 50 megas
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Technically they added 31.
And why not? Do you want game freak to never make another mega again?
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

I'd rather not have mega's thank you very much, but preople love them so much so w/e. But i dont want so many.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Well unfortunately you're one of the few people who have that opinion, so you'll just have to deal with them.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

You're quick to shut up any opinions instead of challenge em today huh Nova?

Keaton think of it like this, there's a power gap, there are very weak pokemon at the bottom, and hopefully Kalos isn't a warning that we're going to get less Pokemon per generation and Mega Evolutions will serve to sponge the remainder.

I mean, think of pokemon like Pidgeot, Swellow, Staraptor, Staraptor is the only one who could have any usage because of how powerful it is compared to the others. Which we haven't seen again since Talonflame.

On the other hand, Primal Groudon is stomping closer.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

I know thats why the mega's even exist, to fill a gap between Competitive players and non and give them a chance, while also making weaker pokemon Stronger.

However, the former is obviously in much less affect. While pokemon Like Garchomp Salamence Metagross Charizard Mewtwo Gengar and Elektrike are getting mega's, weaker pokemon are being left to rot for the small fact that with a mega they could be potentially be competitive with mega's, but dont get one. And thats why i just despise mega's, they make those strong pokemon like mewtwo and garchomp gods, And making mewtwo Jesus and God at the same time.

I wouldnt have a problem with them if more weaker pokemon got mega's, but fewer weak get mega's compared to the already good, making them broken.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

A lot of weaker pokemon really aren't getting the mega's they need, barring

Abomasnow
Absol
Aerodactly
Aggron
Altaria
Ampharos
Audino
Banette
Camerupt
Houndoom
Kangaskhan
Lopunny
Manectric
Medicham
Pinsir
Sableye
Sharpedo
Slowbro

Which only make up 18/41 of the currently known Mega's around. Meaning half which are good pokemon getting stronger than weaker ones getting shelved for the next main series game.

It's pokecapitalism
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Since Primal Groudon and Kyogre are getting stronger versions of their original signature abilities(completely neutralizing their opposing element instead of just weakening it while boosting their own), any predictions on what ability Primal Rayquaza will have?

So with Primals and Megas threatening to make existing Ubers overpowered even within Ubers, and forcing some standard metagame mons pass teh uber threshold, think we're going to reach a point where the standard metagame is the third highest tier rather than the second?

Also, since I'm not familiar with the metagame, would anyone mind giving a per tier count of the mons that have Megas(based on their base form of course)?