Pokemon S&M General - Hot Lizard Edition

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Pokemon Rainbow Speculation Thread

Post by Crash32 »

Do they not feel that the 3DS would be lacking for such a game, if they're planning to include every region? Would it not be better suited to another console? Not that I'd be buying one anytime soon (which would probably play a part in that decision)
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Pokemon Rainbow/Pokemon S&M General

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

A few bits of speculation I've read elsewhere:

S&M will take place in PokeUK and the post game will return to Collos for the Z storyline.
S&M take place in PokeChina.

Also, can we really rule out Z? Wouldn't be the first time a game expected in one generation came out during the next(Everyon thought G3 remakes would be during G5 or not at all). Assuming S&M are meant to be the 20th Anniversary game, they might've decided to put Z on the back burner to focus on bringing out G7 earlier than originally planned.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

I'm so excited!! A lil disappointed that there was no gameplay footage or even official Pokemon reveal (apart from the woodpecker), but nonetheless, super excited.

I'm hoping that Su/Mo take place in southern Kalos or south of kalos (e.g. a Spain-inspired region), possibly with Kalos as a post game? SM could be to XY how GSC is to RBY, if that makes sense, but more tying up the loose ends and explaining the lore of Kalos even more. So, it could bring about a new generation while "acting" as a Pokemon Z.

Though, I wouldn't mind (heck, it would be cool) if the games were based on America (again), China, Hawaii or Singapore (as people have speculated, though "THIS ONE BUILDING IN SINGAPORE LOOKS LIKE ONE BUILDING IN THE GAME!!!!" is a bit of a far reach, if you ask me.) I wouldn't really like it to be based on the UK, because I feel like the architecture/scenery would be too similar to Kalos. I don't wanna play a game that is based on where I live ;_;

Also let's not forget the keyword "flowers", and AZ's Floette!
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

ill be the one to complain to call it SM without the &, or su/mo like minty did. PSM and s/m could also be used. there are many alternatives than the name that is a sex joke. we dont need those. especially since theres never been an & involved in main pokemon game acronyms before.

anyways im excited for it of course! a lot of peoples theories are interesting but it just makes it more exciting to see what the truth is. of course im ready to embrace whatever ghost or dragon types come out this gen.
help me
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Now that we've been reminded of flowers, perhaps the mascots of the new games with be a pair of Grass types. One with a sunflower motif and the other with a moonflower motif. The Sunflower one could even be the first Grass/Fire dual-type! Not sure what the Moonflower Pokemon could be As I think Grass has already been paired with all the nightly types. The third, if they keep the tradition of making mascots two of a legendary trio, might have a Cosmos motif, referencing both both stars and the flower of that name.

Also, Sadism and Masochism can exist separate from sexual gratification, and even if you take S&M to be strictly in a sexual context, it's no worse than HSOWA or the multitudes of ships involving incest, socially unacceptable age differences, or pokephilia(which, I might add, is one of only two fandom-specific terms for attraction to a class of non-human organisms I'm aware of).

Though, back to Zygard's forms, I'm still waiting for them to show us Kyurem's original form.

So, anyone know what type combos haven't been used yet and have any picks for the ones you want most in S&M?
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Re: Pokemon Rainbow/Pokemon Su&Mo General

Post by Goat »

I would have given caution to the wind over the topic name until Jeff felt the need to divulge.

I wager Pokemon Z will be a 7th Gen game as well
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

So, with it confirmed that you can use Pokemon Bank to transfer Pokemon from the Gen1 VC games to Sun/Moon...

Unless they find a way to prevent it, incoming No Guard/Fissure Machamp. (Not the most broken thing in the world, per say, but it's still kind of concerning.)
- space for rent -
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Also relevant: Soft-boiled: The TM.

Yeah, that's a problem. But they can always use that pentagon.

As for smogon's supposed ""metagame"" they'll just ban Machamp.

Non-competitively, I guess everyone has more incentive to use Flying Pokemon against which ever of their friends finds this? Eh...
Goat wrote:I would have given caution to the wind over the topic name until Jeff felt the need to divulge.
Why does the title still have Pokemon Rainbow in it though? Just sayin'.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

It's still in the air instead of being shot down
Last edited by Goat on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Hm. Okay.

- - -
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

I think a grass/fire legendary for sun and a grass/fairy (fairy types have moonlike connotations) legendary for moon would be awesome! they're both unused type combinations (florges line is pure fairy) and we haven't had a grass type legend apart from shaymin... so ye.

in regards to the naming, I used Su/Mo because it sounds cool owo;; I'm not really a fan of the sexual innuendos associated with S/M, but it's not like kids are gonna get that anyway. but we should really be protecting them since it's a game for kids
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Wait. Grass/Fairy isn't unused. Whimsicott and Cottonee are both Grass/Fairy. But Fairy is definitely related to the moon, with moves like Moonblast, and they changed the type of Moonlight too.

- - -
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Doesn't this make Azumarill both a pokemon based on easter eggs and now the moon rabbit?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Aren't OHKO moves already banned in most restricted rule-sets? And isn't fissure normal type? *Consults Bulbapedia.* So it is ground-type, which makes sense, but I thought all the G1 OHKO moves were normal.

Also, how is softboiled an issue? Even with the TM, isn't it limited to Chansey? And isn't it just a differently typed version of the far more common recover *Consults bulbapedia* Turns out the FRLGE Move Tutors includ Softboiled and grant the move to the Togepi and Clefairy lines, but I'm still not seeing how this is a game changer since G3 mons can already be migrated to G6.

Also, I feel stupid that I'm just now realising the innuendo found in DP being used as shorthand for Diamond and Pearl.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

OHKO moves are banned in most unofficial rule-sets. But this is actually the only time I've found that to not be an extremely arbitrary rule.

The move is still available for use in official rule-sets, like VGC. But they could easily put down the pentagon restriction, and remove it from play, so both of those rule-sets solve the problem.

Soft-boiled isn't actually an issue, i was joking about how it's the exact inverse of Fissure, because it's almost completely useless (Mew learns it).
Although, I used to think Exeggutor learned it from the TM.

- - -
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

What if: Pokemon Sun and Moon both took place in a different region? Or at least section of the region, like Pokemon Colosseum and XD.

Because you'd still be under the same Sun and Moon. HAHAHAHAHA. Yep. Never again. But that doesn't seem as farfetch'd as all of the regions. Except they're also "under the sun and moon".

- - -
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

^And now, I'm hoping there's another Space Center in the new games and that the player can actually ride a rocket to the moon.

Also, I'm reminded of an earlier thread where I think I posted the idea of two neighboring regions separated by a natural barrier with one game focusing on the events in one region while the other game focuses on the other region and the post-game giving the player permission to risk the journey accross the barrier and the two heroes meeting. I think I suggested such as a way of making it worthwhile to pick up multiple versions now that GTS has removed the need for self-trading from isolated players that's a lot more meaningful than things like Black City vs White Forest or Old Epelucid vs New Opelucid.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

New Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW14HO7C1Dg

Here's what I took from that:

- New footage.

- Old Pokemon still seem to look the same (But that's reasonable).

- Pokemon Sun's mascot is looks like Pyroar. And is Psychic and Steel. And isn't Fire for some reason.

- It's called Solgaleo, and has Full Metal Body.
Spoiler:

- Which is really just Clear Body.

- Pokemon Moon's mascot looks like Noivern. And is Psychic and Ghost.

- It's called Lunala, and has Shadow Shield.

- Which is really just Multiscale.

- The Alola region is made of 5 islands, surrounded and separated by water. (I can see it now, "6.7 - Too much water.")

- If you didn't notice, the Pokemon no longer stand on those weird platforms in battle anymore.

- THERE'S A ROTOM INSIDE YOUR POKEDEX AND IT TALKS TO YOU. THAT'S ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS.

- Oh, and I guess there's new people?... BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT WHEN THERE'S A ROTOM POKEDEX?

- - -
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

>Sun type weak to fire
>Moon type x4 weak to dark
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

And the Sun mon doesn't even have a unique type combination. Sure, Iron is the end fusion product for sufficiently large/hot stars that are quite large enough to go supernova, but that seems a stretch for justifying making the sun mon part steel.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Dexter was a ghost all along.

The truth has come out at last.

Also, Rotom is a Gen IV Pokemon.

SHINJO CONFURMD
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Goat wrote:>Sun type weak to fire
>Moon type x4 weak to dark
Who are you quoting?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

retrolinkx wrote:Who are you quoting?

M̶̶̶̧͚̰̪̘̮̜̞̥̟̤͎̜̹̻̋̎̄̓ͥ̂̏̅̏̔̀̔͟Ẻ̢̫̫͖̫̟̖͔̘̻̝̺̫̦̳ͬ͋ͫ̿ͪͦ̃̿ͤ͡
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

According to Serebii, Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam ignore ability effects. Ironic typing aside, Lunala might actually make for a pretty nice Lugia buster, since Moongeist Beam seems to imply that it's a Ghost type attack, and it would ignore Lugia's Multiscale (or Pressure) for super effective damage.
- space for rent -