I have a confession to make...

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
pika778
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: ...

I have a confession to make...

Post by pika778 »

In my many, many years of playing Pokemon, I have never caught a shiny Pokemon. Oh, I've tried, too many times but my luck is 0/10
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: I have a confession to make...

Post by chaoadventures »

That's okay.

Unless this is after playing Gold and Silver (at least while in color) or their remakes, this is perfectly fine.

I MEAN
Spoiler:

THIS IS PRETTY HARD TO MISS.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I caught a shiny Sandshrew back in FRLG. Back then we couldn't cheat, no sir, had to do things the old fashioned way.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

i didnt ever try to get a shiny until i came across one in b/w, it was a shiny rufflet that i got while level grinding some pokemon. i was crappin my pants
help me
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

well your profile age says 14 so i doubt your years of playing are that many, sweetie, so you'll get one, don't worry

i'm almost 24 year old woman and i have caught maybe two: a tangela and a milktank, but i also thought pkmn was awful until late gen 4 and i'm not a huge fan of nintendo anyway, so i don't usually have game droughts so long that i need to play it 100+ hours to find them
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I got Gold the day it released in the US, and have since played Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, and White, probably logging more than a thousand hours between them, and not counting Red Gyarados, since the games all but give you that one, or any event shinies, I think I only have two shinies between all my games: A Golem and an Ursaring and I think I've only encountered one other( a medicham that I only realized was wearing blue when I had already pressed A on the run command.

Seriously, those buggers are pretty damn rare unless your good at using PokeRadar(and I know of no counterpart to such outside of DPPt).
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Well, the only Shinies I've ever gotten are the Red Gyarados from G/S/HG/SS (which isn't really that big of a deal since it's a part of the story...) and a number of Shinies in X/Y (in which it's a lot easier to get a Shiny than in previous games).

And even in X/Y, I've only gotten Shinies when performing a specific method that further increases your chances (Masuda Method, Chain Fishing, Friend Safari), so I've never really gotten one through just a normal random encounter.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")