[SA2B] Karate Section

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Auram
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

[SA2B] Karate Section

Post by Auram »

On the main site the 3 pictures that are supposedly on the "Karate" page are not visible. They only show the missing file picture.
Last edited by Auram on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite Chao: Hero Swim/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue & Neutral Fly/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

MAIN SITE PROBLEM W/ CHAO KARATE

Post by Steel the Enchilada »

Okay, so, we all know how there is a Chao Karate section (Link (clicky))? Well, I spotted a little problem: the section that explains the medium, and expert fights aren't there: only the Beginner fights, and they are wrongly listed as the race levels for beginner. I can get the data for all the Chao you fight in the beginner section, if you would like.
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: Chao Karate guide

Post by Steel the Enchilada »

This here is the guide to Chao Karate, fromt he game Sonic Adventure 2: battle.

Name: The name that appears on the health bar.

Stance: The chao's Idle animation, I.E. crawl, dance, stand

Appearance: What the chao looks like.

Speed, Power, & agility: How quickly they'll attack, how powerful the attack is, and the chance that they'll dodge, on a scale of 1-10.

Beginner

Fight: 1
Name: Chaosky
Stance: Crawl
Appearance: Two-tone normal baby chao, with no addons
Speed: 1
Power: 1
Agility: 1

Fight: 2
Name: Chaolin
Appearance: Same as Chaosky
Speed: 1
Power: 2

Fight: 3
Name: Chaoko
Appearance: Same as Chaosky and Chaolin
Speed: 2

Fight: 4
Name: Dinner
Appearance: Same as the first three, but with a pot on his head.
Speed: 2
Agility: 2

Fight: 5
Name: Happy
Stance: Normal (Stand)
Appearance: Normal Chao with bunny arms and legs, and an apple helmet.
Speed: 3
Agility: 2

If you have any more data concerning Chao Karate, please post it.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: SA2B Karate Section

Post by Crazo3077 »

On that topic, I have a listing of the different opponents that I formed some time ago.

Beginner
Chaosky - Neutral None Baby
Chaolin - Neutral None Baby
Chaoko - Neutral None Baby
Eggie - Eggshell Neutral None Baby (or) Dinnner - Pan Neutral None Baby
Happy - Apple Bunny Part Neutral None Baby

Standard
Lucky - Paper Bag Dark Swim
Smokey - Pumpink Neutral None (or) Melody - Pot Hero Fly
Stormy - Red/Yellow Mask Hero Power
Spooky - Green/Blue Mask Neutral Run
Stinky - Black/Grey Mask Dark Fly

Expert
Magic - Hero Run (or) Chappy - Cardboard Box Dark None
Skull - Skull Neutral Fly (or) Ninja - Dark Fly
Tin - Bucket Hero Swim (or) Woody - Stump Neutral Swim
Rainbow - Dark Power
Wacky - Neutral Run

Super
Crunch - Watermelon Neutral Run
Wacky - Dragon Horns Neutral Run
Crystal - Gold Hero Chaos
Angel - Aquamarine Dark Chaos
Flash - Onyx Neutral Chaos

I might be missing a few of the enemies, but these are most of them.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Re: [SA2B] Karate Section

Post by Nintendawg »

^I think you got all of them. I wonder, is there anything that decides which opponent you get like with Magic - Hero Run (or) Chappy - Cardboard Box Dark None. Or is it random? I think it is random but I just want to be sure.
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I'm rather confident it is random.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Post by Nintendawg »

^I KNEW IT! OK I'm satisfied. Wonder if Mooncow can post this on the main site.
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
Auram
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Auram »

Nintendawg wrote:^I KNEW IT! OK I'm satisfied. Wonder if Mooncow can post this on the main site.
In due time my friend, in due time ;D
My favorite Chao: Hero Swim/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue & Neutral Fly/Fly Two-Tone Sky Blue
Sanity
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Sanity »

Crazo, I think you pretty much got it. I think it is random too, because I used to always hope for it to be the easier one. ^.^;
Itachi Uchiha
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: What we see is not always the Reality...

Post by Itachi Uchiha »

It wont take long anymore. Then i will show you their accurate stats. (tested with Fusions Chao Editor)
You still do not possess the same eyes as me. And you know what? You never will...! :darkblink: :heroblink:
Itachi Uchiha
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Itachi Uchiha »

Did you know, that the Zeal-Bar drops slower, the more Intelligence a Chao has. Luck is how fast your Chao can restore the Zeal-Bar. And Stamina is how much Health a Chao loses, when hit. This was tested by using Fusions Chao Editor. :omochao:
You still do not possess the same eyes as me. And you know what? You never will...! :darkblink: :heroblink:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Well, my tests (also with Fusion's Editor) showed that Zeal is governed by Stamina and that it is not related to health in the slightest.

It doesn't match up with what the game says, but other things in stated in-game have iffy consistency.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

chaoadventures wrote:Well, my tests (also with Fusion's Editor) showed that Zeal is governed by Stamina and that it is not related to health in the slightest.

It doesn't match up with what the game says, but other things in stated in-game have iffy consistency.
Actually, Zeal is affected by Intelligence, and also happiness. Zeal drops slower with Intelligence, and raises faster with happiness. If you need evidence of this, some Chao get high intelligence almost immediately and thus Zeal drops super slow. A speedrunner named Talon who does 180 Emblem runs raises a Chao with almost no stamina, and Zeal drops very slowly.

Also, I may or may not have stated, but Luck also plays a role. Critical hit rates and Critical hit evasion.

I'll do further research on Chao Karate once I get the chance. Like if anything else effects anything. I'm curious what makes zeal drop sometimes a lot or sometimes a little when your Chao misses.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Itachi Uchiha
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Itachi Uchiha »

I spent a lot of hours to copy their stats with Fusion`s Chao Editor. This Image shows their exact stats. Image :chaohappy: :herocool: :darkblah:
Itachi Uchiha
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Itachi Uchiha »

UltimaNumber255 wrote:
chaoadventures wrote:Well, my tests (also with Fusion's Editor) showed that Zeal is governed by Stamina and that it is not related to health in the slightest.

Actually, Zeal is affected by Intelligence, and also happiness. Zeal drops slower with Intelligence, and raises faster with happiness. If you need evidence of this, some Chao get high intelligence almost immediately and thus Zeal drops super slow. A speedrunner named Talon who does 180 Emblem runs raises a Chao with almost no stamina, and Zeal drops very slowly.

Also, I may or may not have stated, but Luck also plays a role. Critical hit rates and Critical hit evasion.

I'll do further research on Chao Karate once I get the chance. Like if anything else effects anything. I'm curious what makes zeal drop sometimes a lot or sometimes a little when your Chao misses.
You can see it, if you put your Chao`s Stamina to 9999, and hit it with a Chao with 9999 power. It will lose very little Health, regardless of how much swim it has. This is also seen in this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aVRv_-GT5U Their Stats are all on 9999. Except that Intelligence and Luck are 0, which is why the have a low Zeal Bar. :omochao:
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

What about happiness? Was both of the Chao at 0 happiness? Did you do a test with happiness to see if that's what effected how fast Zeal recovers?
Last edited by UltimaNumber on Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My YouTube stuffs
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Itachi Uchiha wrote:This is also seen in this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aVRv_-GT5U Their Stats are all on 9999.
did you just link me to a 2007 gameshark video with a misspelled title

Right, so there's a problem with this evidence.

None of that video has any proof that both of the chao's Swim and Power (or any other stat) weren't both at 9999.
If they were, then that doesn't help at all. It does show that attack knockback heightens though.

I personally did a test of the same type, and the result was that Stamina didn't change the damage shown at all.

I'll see what I can do to record some of my own tests as proof, even though my research isn't done yet, when I have more free time.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

Okay, so I've found out how each stat really function out of curiosity, the 5 main stats function as you would expect, Intelligence makes Zeal drop slower when idle. And Luck, well, Luck is a bit of a weird one... Luck effects your Chao's initial battle pose (except for crawling), like if it sits before the battle, if it's standing up, or if it has it's fists ready to fight. Luck also effects how much Zeal you recover when Chao is discouraged, but... It ALSO effect how much Zeal your Chao loses if the other Chao dodges an attack... Apparently 500 Luck is all you need. It's enough for the Chao's fists to be ready and about the max amount of Zeal you can recover, but also so little Zeal is lost when your Chao misses. Nothing effects damage rolls as far as I can tell, it can seem like a critical hit, when the maximum damage is twice of the minimum. Happiness doesn't seem to effect anything.

My YouTube stuffs