[SADX & SA2B] Chao age and lifespan.

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: [SADX & SA2B] Chao age and lifespan.

Post by Chaotastic »

A chao's happiness has no effect on life span as far as my testing goes - it only decides if the chao will reincarnate or die once it reaches the end of its life. The only way to make a chao live longer is to feed it fruit as a child. There is no other way. This could mean that fruit makes a chao "age slower", or it could mean that the chao simply dies at an older age than a non-fed chao. I'm not certain if fruit affects the amount of time a chao year takes. If a non-fed chao can live to see the age of five, then I guess fruit does make chao years longer.

What Fusion meant about RL1 being capped at RL2, in more detail, is that RL1 will "stick" to RL2's value if it tries to increase beyond it. In other words, RL1 has absolutely no meaning, so ignore it as Fusion suggested.
~ Light the world on fire, just to watch it burn. ~
Bobb11881
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Bobb11881 »

NoobSlayer13 wrote:Why did one chao of mine live to be 7 while the others only lived to 5?
From this quote, it seems that fruit doesn't prolong each Chao year.
Chaotastic wrote:What Fusion meant about RL1 being capped at RL2, in more detail, is that RL1 will "stick" to RL2's value if it tries to increase beyond it. In other words, RL1 has absolutely no meaning, so ignore it as Fusion suggested.
So it seems like it's possible, because you can only increase RL1 in its adult life and since only RL2 ever decreases, reach a cap at which you can no longer increase its lifespan, and that if you feed enough fruit to a child it will take longer to reach the cap. Also, if what I said earlier in this post is true, then this has a chance of making a Chao evolve before it's a year old.
I'm also kind of curious as to what the other variables are that Fusion mentioned but didn't name. Maybe they can answer some of these questions.
:herocool: :cool: :darkcool:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Bobb11881 wrote:a chance of making a Chao evolve before it's a year old.
Chao Life is not my main area of chao knowledge, hence why I stay out of this thread. However, this is entirely possible. Not just possible, but this happens to the bulk of my chao. I go to the doctor right after they evolve, and they are still 0. For a good while, too.

I am pretty sure that the length of a chao year is always constant, it is just that feeding makes it evolve sooner, and live longer.
Ookami5875
Egg
Egg

Post by Ookami5875 »

So assuming this system is still applicable to the Xbox360 and PS3 versions, does the glitch with the Hero fruit have any larger effect on this system? I believe the Hero fruit do 20-30% instead of the normal 10% towards the stamina level up.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

Thank you very much it is very helpfull!
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Peterson123
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Peterson123 »

Is anyone planning to put this information as its own page on the Chao Island site?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

The page on Chao Death on the main site has a link to this thread. I know, that is less than a full page, but that is a good start, and generally good enough, since the more complicated, less certain matters stay in the forums.

To answer Ookami5875's question much too late: no. Stamina and eating are unrelated in this context.
Ookami5875
Egg
Egg

Post by Ookami5875 »

It was worth a shot to see if the two would correlate at all.
Last edited by Mamkute on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the above post. Since your post is directly following, it is assumed to be a direct reply.
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: ?

Post by Rentu »

Does this mean that feeding a fruit to a child chao will make it evolve faster? And it also makes adult chao reincarnate/die faster? If this is the case wouldn't that mean you could get a chaos chao but skip the really long parts of waiting for it to reincarnate/evolve/die just by over feeding it?
Do these look like the eyes of mercy

Deviant art account!•My art blog
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

It will increase the speed slighty.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

I believe feeding chao fruits will help it's evolution process go by faster, but It will also increase the chao's Life span? ( Not completely sure.)

I know that abusing your chao will make it Die faster, And I'm not sure if Feeding it fruits would help with the Reincarnation/Death as well.

And yes, Many people overfeed their chao to shorten the time length, But some people also say that force feeding your chao might lower their happiness. :C
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

Thanks again you. This is yet another post you've helped me with. But I didn't know that it would make them unhappy... I thought it just makes them fat and lazy or something like that

Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

It will go by Slowly, Nacho. I spend 3 hours with my chao. I tested this.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

No Prob Rentu! ;3

And what exactly will go by slowly? I stated multiple things in my post so i'm not exactly sure which one you're referring to.
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

The evolving time.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Oh.

I've never overfed my chao to make the evolving time go by faster, so I wouldn't really know.

( But this one Time I was trying to get my chao to reincarnate faster so I could make him become a Chaos chao faster, but I think Feeding him a bit more often than usual was making his life longer. I swear! It took forever. >~<" )
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

Mmhmm... So it just makes things longer in the end? So only feed chao when hungry for fast results? And what if you send It to tiny chao garden? Can you do anything there to speed it up?

NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

I honestly don't have any knowledge about the tiny chao garden, so I can't really help you there.

And I'm not exactly sure if It did end up making his life longer, but It felt like it took forever. Probs because I was bored and anxious.
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

Hmm... Well that sucks. I NEED insight on this. I'm trying to get one of each chaos chao ASAP. (Not really but I want it now)

NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

(( XD I actually have all three chaos chao, One Neutral, one Hero, and TWO Darks. working on getting one more Neutral and Hero though.))

Don't worry too much on rushing it, You'll get them eventually. You Know all the requirements for making chaos chao right?

1.) Must be on it's third life or more. ( Must have reincarnated twice or more.)

2.) Must have had at least one of every Animal. ( It's okay to give it more than one of the same animal.)

3.) Must have at least 50 happiness. ( Which is easy, petting it will help.)

4.) But be of normal evolution. ( Can't be set on evolving into Swim/Run/Power/Fly. Stamina chao.)
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Rentu »

Oh my god. Oh. My. God. Thank you... SO MUCH :cry: those are tears if joy. Lemme tell you why. a) I didn't know you could give it the same thing twice. B) I didn't know you had to make it a stamina chao and c) I thought it had to be reincarnated 3 times. That sort of makes me sad because I have one chaos chao (my brother did it for me as a present) and he would never tell me how he did it. Thank you. So much. And yea I never wanted a chaos chao before my brother got it for me but when he did I said MAKE ME MORE OF THESE CUTIES!!! I never looked it up because I never had the ambition.

NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

X3

Well, Glad I can help you again!
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

To answer the one remaining question:
Rentu wrote:And what if you send It to tiny chao garden?
Time does not pass in the Tiny Chao Garden. That is, all aging is stopped. Baby chao will not evolve, adult chao will not die. It is very not helpful in getting through a reincarnation.
And to clarify something:
chaosnachochao wrote:But some people also say that force feeding your chao might lower their happiness. :C
That is not true. Pretty much, a chao's happiness will only lower if it has the squiggle mark. Just, the more you feed the chao as it gets full the more it will be annoying to feed, in that it will toss the fruit away. It is not displeased by it, though.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Oh, okay. :3

I wasn't too sure about that so I'm glad that was cleared up. XD
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

I'd also like to clear up the relationship between fruit and chao. It seems there was some confusion.

1. Fruit speeds up the life of a child chao. It simply allows the child chao to enter the cocoon much quicker. This is because the remaining life of a child chao is directly tied to its EvolutionStrength.

2. Feeding fruit to a child chao will prolong its adult life, as Fusion states in the original post. So you could say fruit both speeds up and slows down a chao's total life.

3. Feeding fruit to an adult chao does not speed up or slow down its life. It simply speeds up the EvolutionStrength. The remaining life of an adult chao is not tied to its EvolutionStrength.
~ Light the world on fire, just to watch it burn. ~