[SA2(B)] Fastest animal locations.

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

[SA2(B)] Fastest animal locations.

Post by Fusion »

Greetings.

I have seen two threads related to this: Those two threads are useful, but unfortunately they don't have complete information. I would like the next version of the Chao Island website (which is in development) to have the quickest locations for every single animal. For convenience, each animal should preferably have at least two methods to obtain it: one with a hero character, and one with a dark character. We should also have a time estimate for how long it takes to collect the animal once the level has started.

I have some information for this already, but there are gaps. If you can fill any of these gaps, or you know a faster way to collect one of the animals for which a method is already listed, then please post the necessary information here.

Image Penguin:
  • (Hero) Sonic: Metal Harbor. From the start, run through the fixed path and the loop, and then take the first launch pad. When you land on the platform ahead, you will see the penguin to the left side. This should take around 12 seconds.
  • (Hero) Knuckles: Aquatic Mine. From the start, move to the left and jump into the water. Dive down to the next level. You will find the penguin in the corner, next to a spring. This should take around 6 seconds.
  • Dark: No known method.
Image Otter:
  • Hero: No known method.
Image Seal:
  • (Hero) Knuckles: Aquatic Mine. From the start, move forward and to the right to the far corner of the floating platform. Dive into the water on the right side of this corner, and drop to the very bottom level. You will find the seal by the wall on the right, just ahead of a sign marking that floor as level 3. Thanks to Crazo3077 for this method. This should take around 9 seconds.
  • (Dark) Shadow: Radical Highway. From the start, grind the rail and land on the first platform. Head back towards the camera, and over to the left side of the platform. You will find the seal hidden behind a roadblock. Thanks to moonsoul for this method. This should take around 5 seconds.
Image Condor:
  • (Hero) Tails: Eternal Engine. When you land at the start of the level, you will see some enemies in front of you and a big canister directly to the left. Ignore the enemies and destroy the canister to reveal the condor hidden underneath. This should take around 4 seconds.
  • (Dark) Shadow: Sky Rail. After the first set of springs, move forward and land on the (very high) beam). You will find a condor up there. This should take around 15 seconds.
Image Parrot:
  • (Hero) Sonic: Green Forest. From the start, run down the path and take the launch pad (as you have to do). You will be presented with two paths: a higher path on the left, and a lower tunnel path in front. Take the lower path, into the tunnel. As you emerge from the tunnel, stop immediately before you take the launch pad. You will see the parrot to the right of this platform. Thanks to moonsoul for this method. This should take around 17 seconds. Alternatively: You can take the higher path, but there is a launch pad which sends you flying straight over the parrot. You must remember to jump down to the lower platform before running into that launch pad. This method can shave a few seconds off the time. This should take around 14 seconds.
  • (Dark) Rouge: Security Hall. From the start, run forward and turn left. Jump up on top of the large block, and take the spring hidden between two black crates. At the peak of your climb, you will see a help monitor and crane in front of you. Ignore these, and instead glide towards the camera and to the right of the screen. You may want to adjust the camera so you can see where you're going. Continue gliding into the corner of the blue floor (B Block). You will see the parrot on another large block, underneath a help monitor. Thanks to moonsoul for this method. This should take around 14 seconds.
Image Peacock:
  • (Hero) Sonic: Metal Harbor. From the start, run through the fixed path and the loop, and then take the first launch pad. When you land on the platform ahead, you will see the penguin to the left side. Ignore it and continue down the road and take the higher path; in other words, use the homing attack on the two floating robot enemies, and land on the raised platforms. You will find a peacock on the second raised platform. This should take around 16 seconds.
  • (Dark) Rouge: Dry Lagoon. From the start, glide forward and to the left. You will find the peacock on the floor at the base of the single tree. This should take around 5 seconds.
Image Warthog:
  • (Dark) Shadow: Radical Highway. Near the beginning of the level, after the first loop, you will be launched across a gap onto a new platform. The opposite end of this platform will have a crane to the right side, a robot to the left of that, a tall stack of wooden crates to the left of that, and a Chao Box hidden to the left those wooden crates. Behind the crane is a large sign on wheels. You will usually find the warthog hidden behind this sign; however, it can wander around underneath it or in front of it. If you don't see it, just wait for it to crawl out from underneath. This should take around 25 seconds.
Image Cheetah:
  • (Hero) Knuckles: Wild Canyon. From the start, glide forward and to the left, to a large statue in the back corner of the room. You will find the cheetah at the base of this statue. Please note that from the starting position, both the statue and the cheetah are obscured from view by some of the columns. Be careful not to get sucked into the big gust of wind. This should take around 5 seconds.
  • (Dark) Shadow: Radical Highway. Near the beginning of the level, after the first loop, you will be launched across a gap onto a new platform. The opposite end of this platform will have a crane to the right side, a robot to the left of that, a tall stack of wooden crates to the left of that, and a Chao Box hidden to the left those wooden crates. Destroy the tallest stack of wooden crates to reveal a cheetah hidden underneath. This should take around 26 seconds. Optional extra: Take the crane to the next road, and run all the way down it to a second crane at the end. Just behind this crane is a cheetah standing on top of some beams. This should take around 9 extra seconds, for a total of 35.
Image Rabbit:
  • (Dark) Eggman: Cosmic Wall. From the start, just move forward on the same platform. You will the rabbit to the right of the black crates which are in front of you. This should take around 3 seconds.
Image Bear:
  • (Dark) Shadow: Sky Rail. After you grind the rail at the start, land on the higher (main) platform. Look to the right for a bear near the wall, in between some of the beams. This should take around 10 seconds.
Image Gorilla:
  • (Hero) Tails: Mission Street. From the start, you will see a red box ahead and to the right of you. Whistle at this box to reveal the hidden gorilla. This should take around 4 seconds.
Image Tiger:
  • (Hero) Tails: Hidden Base. From the start, drop down to the lower platform in front of you, and hover over to the angled red platform. Ignore the enemies and destroy the single grey crate on this platform. You will find the tiger hidden inside. This should take around 8 seconds.
Image Raccoon:
  • (Hero) Sonic: Metal Harbor. From the very start (as you are falling), make sure that you are on the right side of the path. The speed pad will send you running into the raccoon. This should take around 2 seconds.
  • (Dark) Rouge: Mad Space. As soon as you start the level, you will see a grey crate just ahead and to the right of you. Break open this crate to find the raccoon. This should take around 2 seconds.
Image Sheep:
  • (Hero) Knuckles: Meteor Herd. From the start, just move forward and to the right. You'll find the sheep in plain view on the very same platform that you start on. This should take around 3 seconds.
  • (Dark) Shadow: Sky Rail. After you grind the rail at the start, land on the very low platform, or drop down there from the higher one. You'll find a sheep next to an extra life. This should take around 10 seconds.
Image Skunk:
  • (Hero) Tails: Hidden Base. From the start, simply move to the right and collect the skunk. It is sometimes difficult to see, as one of the walls is often blocking it from the camera's view, but the skunk is definitely right there. This should take around 3 seconds.
  • (Hero) Knuckles: Aquatic Mine. From the start, turn left and glide over to the corner of the large room that you start in. You will find the skunk in plain sight in the corner. This should take around 5 seconds.
Image Bat:
  • (Dark) Eggman: Sand Ocean. From the start, simply walk backwards (towards the camera), and drop down to a platform below. You will the bat over to the left side. This platform is very thin, so be careful not to walk too far; otherwise, you will fall into the sand below and die. This should take around 3 seconds.
Image Half Fish:
Image Skeleton Dog:
  • (Hero) Knuckles: Pumpkin Hill. From the start, glide over to the rocket which is in front of you and to the left. Take the rocket to the top of Church Mountain, where you will find a skeleton dog wandering around between the graves. This should take around 15 seconds.
Image Dragon:
  • (Hero) Knuckles: Wild Canyon. From the start, glide into the gust of wind directly in front of you. It will carry you up into the air. Take the left path when you emerge above, and glide all the way to the end. Climb the wall above the Lonely Statue, and dig into the picture that you'll find there. You will dig into a small room. Climb the wall behind you, and move up and to the right. You find a dragon hiding in this corner of the room. This should around 17 seconds.
Image Phoenix:
  • (Hero) Sonic: Metal Harbor. (PAL version only?) Continue through the level until you reach the large platform with jets and plenty of speed boosters. You will find two yellow hats against the left wall. Underneath one of them will be the phoenix. This should take around 30 seconds.
Image Unicorn:
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: [SA2(B)] Fastest animal locations.

Post by Twiddle »

I'm pretty sure it was the tiger, but I'm thinking it may be the cheetah... Um, in Sky Rail, after you take the first rocket near the beginning of the level (or the other path, I just usually take the rocket), next to the checkpoint, there should be a tiger. This should take approximately twenty seconds... give or take a few seconds.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

For unicorn for the dark side, in Dry Lagoon, simply save the turtle, follow it, jump on him, jump straight to the pillar infront of you, walk behind it, go in the middle of the poles and whistle.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Nova-Kun
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Nova-Kun »

Bat:
(Hero) Sonic: Pyramid Cave.

Simply run through the first section (The halfpipe-like course), go through the loops and such, and keep going until you get to the First Chao Box and Skeleton Dog (inside a metal bar crate) location:
Spoiler:
Where two E-100 robots can be found. Destroy one robot and bats are almost assured to pop out (you might get a flying-type animal). This takes approximately 42 seconds.

Alternate method:
Get to the same location, but don't go up to the platform where the two E-100s are; instead go to the left. There should be a few crates and the first Chao Box. Destroy every crate possible then look for a pipe. This may take about three seconds longer to do, but a bat is guaranteed to come out with this method.
Spoiler:
I realize the time says differently, but these pictures weren't of a straight run-through to the location.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

There is a seal in a very simple location in Aquatic Mine, as an example for Knuckles. I believe it is either forward and straight down or to the right and straight down. I know it is at the bottom and easy to reach.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

For the half-fish, play egg quarters. Go to the end room with the mystic melody statue. There is a cage with a half-fish in it. Jump around a kiki (monkey robot) until it throws a bomb. Pick the bomb up, walk to the cage, drop it and let it explode (don't worry if it hits you.) This can take about 30 seconds to one minute, depending on how fast you can get the kiki to throw the bomb.

Edit: You haven't found an otter method? At Prison Lane with tails, at the start, kill the enemies, walk into the next room. There should be iron boxes with invincible boxes on top. Break the iron box in back and jump on the closer iron box. The otter is on the top. Walk forward a bit more, and a spring will bounce you to a life. Also, in the first room, kill the enemy directly above you, go to the small room it opens. You can get either a otter or a sheep. Trying for both will take you about 15 seconds, including the life.

Another Edit: Meteor Herd has a fairly quick (around 45 seconds) phoenix. Just go forward to the tower, and take the spring. Make your way around the rocket to the ark. Don't take the rocket, but glide to the platform level to the one you're on. It's flying around in circles below you now, make your way to it. This explanation gives you an idea on where it is, so you should get to it faster when you practice this. I can't describe how to get there very well.

Final Edit: Put it a spoiler to shorten the post (and because of the level)
Spoiler:
Well, this method is kind of pointless, considering you would already have 180 emblems, but for the unicorn, go to Green Hill, it's literally in the first? chao box.
Last edited by qwerty79 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Twiddle »

Crazo3077 wrote:There is a seal in a very simple location in Aquatic Mine, as an example for Knuckles. I believe it is either forward and straight down or to the right and straight down. I know it is at the bottom and easy to reach.
There's also one at the beginning of Metal Harbor, but it's very easy to pass by.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Thanks for all your posts so far. I'll be checking everything that's been posted.
Crazo3077 wrote:There is a seal in a very simple location in Aquatic Mine, as an example for Knuckles. I believe it is either forward and straight down or to the right and straight down. I know it is at the bottom and easy to reach.
Thanks. This has been added to the list.
Twiddle wrote:There's also one at the beginning of Metal Harbor, but it's very easy to pass by.
Where?
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

Gorilla: At Iron Gate, after shooting the first door, go to the right of the lift. Should Probably take 15-20 seconds.

Edit: Also, for the skeleton dog, you may want to mention the life you can get on the way.
Last edited by qwerty79 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Twiddle »

Fusion wrote:Where?
I'll probably play it again tomorrow, but if you keep running right next to the right wall, you should get the seal.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Do you mean this raccoon?
Fusion wrote:Image Raccoon:
  • (Hero) Sonic: Metal Harbor. From the very start (as you are falling), make sure that you are on the right side of the path. The speed pad will send you running into the raccoon. This should take around 2 seconds.
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Twiddle »

No, a seal should be under a cover, I believe, a little bit later than the raccoon. I swear there is a seal. I know, because I get furious and have turn around and get it 'cause I run right past it.
It's not the best way to get a seal, probably, but it's my way. Like how everybody uses City Escape to get rings, and I use Route 201 (or something like that).
Renaethecat
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Renaethecat »

I usually end up getting Gorillas from Egg Quarters (Dark). When you start out in the room, after waiting for the beetle robot to fly by, if you go up the ledge in front of you, look behind you, and climb along the upper wall where the hole is, there should be a gorilla in there, if I remember correctly. Either that, or you can go into the room that's to your left when you start, climb up on one of the pillars to the right, and there should be one sitting there. I believe that you can also get parrots from robots in Egg Quarters.

EDIT::
Also, can't you get a unicorn somewhere in Prison Lane? I remember being able to do so if you have Tails' booster upgrade. It involves breaking a cage by pressing on one of those missile buttons, I'm sure.

EDIT2:
I also get my otters and penguins for the Dark side from Dry Lagoon. Just head forward and break the Chao container, then head up the left side of the wall all the way to the top. Once up there, you can find another Chao container, which will contain animals that are a mix of sheep, otters, and penguins, if I remember correctly. If you go to the shaded area with the steel containers and the bombing robot, the pipe in that area will contain either an otter or penguin. I also get unicorns from the Dark side in this level, after I do this, by freeing the turtle, heading to the other area, and breaking the last Chao container on the pillar there.
Last edited by Renaethecat on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

Forgot about that gorilla. That should be faster. Also, it may take a while to reach a robot in egg quarters unless you run head-on toward the first beetle at the beginning.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Renaethecat wrote:Also, can't you get a unicorn somewhere in Prison Lane? I remember being able to do so if you have Tails' booster upgrade. It involves breaking a cage by pressing on one of those missile buttons, I'm sure.
Yes, this is correct; I was able to find it. It's pretty far into the level though. It should probably still be added to the list.
qwerty79 wrote:Meteor Herd has a fairly quick (around 45 seconds) phoenix. Just go forward to the tower, and take the spring. Make your way around the rocket to the ark. Don't take the rocket, but glide to the platform level to the one you're on. It's flying around in circles below you now, make your way to it. This explanation gives you an idea on where it is, so you should get to it faster when you practice this. I can't describe how to get there very well.
Thanks. I was able to find this, and I'll add it to the list shortly. However, I also found another method, which I believe is slightly faster:
Fusion wrote:Image Phoenix:
  • (Hero) Sonic: Metal Harbor. (PAL version only?) Continue through the level until you reach the large platform with jets and plenty of speed boosters. You will find two yellow hats against the left wall. Underneath one of them will be the phoenix. This should take around 30 seconds.
It only seems to work with the PAL version though, or perhaps the JP version too. It would be helpful if people could test this one.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

I believe there was a phoenix somewhere in the middle of one of Tails' levels. You have to blow up a cage with a rocket behind iron boxers, but you must first go trough half a level or soemthing.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Soniclover300
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Soniclover300 »

Well I can get 3 pheonix on Metal Harbour (I use PAL version)
My tumblr|My Deviantart!||This is the best thing ever Image
guess what americans, i'm back at school now! holidays are over~
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Three? Where do you find each one?
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I get 3 Phoenixes all the time in Metal Harbour.

1. This is mentioned, it's near the second chao box, under those yellow things.
2. Third Chao Box
3. When the rocket is about to launch, head for the higher platform, on the higher platform (the second area where you can grab the rocket) there should be a phoenix in the corner.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Kevinbushy sent me his list a while ago which i was planning to add to Chao Island. I'll add it in here, it's pretty useful. Apologies if there are duplicate locations, but i feel i should post it "as is", since he sent it to me a while back.
kevinbushy wrote:Sooner or later I might put hero+dark locations, but for now, this is the best i can do =D

Otter - in Prison Lane as tails, once getting past the first hall you will see a robot behind steel bars, look to your right. there will be a steel breakable box under
two unbreakable boxes, and a breakable steel box infront of them, only destroy the one under the two unbreakable boxes, jump up and there is the otter.

Penguin - This one is pretty easy, only takes about 30 seconds. in metal harbor, get to the first turn, turning right, then you will be blasted off ofa speed ramp.
DONT go any further once landing on the platform, look to your left, there will be a penguin.

Seel - also in metal harbor, after going up the pulley, there is a second pulley infront of it, go up that. Then go through the loop, shortly after will be an area with
speed pads, dont take them. Instead stop, there will be a seel.

Rabbit - Rabbit is found in iron gate. Once you get to the second checkpoint, the next room will be where the four capsules of rings are, keep going, and beat down the third security door.
After destroying the third door, go down where the two robots are gaurding a passage, instead of going forward go right. There will be a nother four capsules,
one containing a life, and another robot. The rabbit is by the capsules.

Cheetah - After the first checkpoint in Weapon's bed, where you jump down, the three planes will drop bombs on you, in the only safe spot (left corner)will be a Cheetah.

Warthog - In mission street, after reaching the tunnel, there is a robot behind a box and a robot that falls through the ceiling, destroy the wooden crate on top of the unbreakable boxes,
and the warthog is hidden in it.

Bear - This is a very short one. In sky rail after coming off of the first grinding rails that you start on, look to your right by the wall, there is the bear.

Tiger - This one is near where you found the rabbit in iron gate. After hitting the checkpoint, you go through a hall to get to the third security door.
On you way there is a pipe, whistle in it and the Tiger is hidden in it.

Gorilla - Oh man, alot of spots for the gorilla! Lets try this on, it's in iron gate. At the room with four or five robots, dont go up the elevator. (this room is right after checkpoint 1)
When you reach the elevator, look right. Destroy the crates and the gorilla is against the wall.

Peacock - This one is in metal harbor. I'm not going to give an exact location because there is four of them, barely hidden. You should be able to find one!

Parrot - This one is in Sand Ocean. At the first rotating platform, instead of going forward, go right. Make sure you destroy the steel crates first. Advance forward and there is the parrot.

Condor - In pyramid cave, the E-103 bots will give away animals, a few of them give away condors.

Skunk - In City Escape, while running down the road, there is the part with the two bounce pads on each side, dont take the ramp. Instead, at the left side there is a black car, destroy it and the skunk is under it.

Raccoon - In Mad Space, as soon as you start, there is a steel box to your right, beak it and the raccoon is in it.

Sheep/Ram - This one is QUICK. In sky rail, after going down the grind rail at the beginning, don't go on the land ahead, fall on the platform below and there is the sheep/ram.

Half fish - Go to the Green Forest level with Sonic. Proceed on
until you come to a tunnel following a few robots.
Go through it but
DO NOT go over the jump plate after it. Instead,
turn right and go into the inside corner of the boxes
there. You should hear that noise of the animal. If
you don't, run in a circle until you do. It will be a
Half-Fish.

Skeleton Dog - In pumpkin hill, take the rocket to your left as soon as you start, at the top of church mountain, behind a grave, is a skeleton dog.

Bat - This one is in Sand Ocean. Once you reach the last (3rd or fourth) rotating platform, stay on it unti lit reaches the other side, you will find a bat.

Dragon - The Dragon is in iron gate. After reaching the third security door, they want you to proceed right. Instead, go forward and hover down to the spring. Take the next spring hidden in a
steel box, then follow the trail of rings, you will now be on a pipe. There is platform next to the pipe, instead of going on the platform, hover over to the other pipe, and at the far side
next to the wall is a Dragon.

Unicorn - This one is in city escape. You have to break the three chao boxes. The first one is off of the double bounce pad, after running on foot on the road, it is at the top corner.
The next one is by to the golden beetle. The last one is by the invicibilty power up.

Pheonix - In Mission Street, after proceeding through the level for a while, you will notice a phoenix stuck in a steel crate, break the nearby steel boxes, and hit the switch, the rocket will allow you to get the phoenix.
I suggested he post in Chao Help & Support, but i haven't checked if he had. (Can't remember)
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Twiddle »

I found the seal. It's about after a minute in Metal Harbor. (Halfway through.)
And the Tiger is at the second checkpoint in Sky Rail.
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

For a bat on the hero side, pumpkin hill has a couple. I can't get on to verify this right now, but there should be one on chruch mountain, and if you go backwards from the start, there may be one around there. You can probably get one in under 20 seconds.
Renaethecat
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Renaethecat »

^ As for the bats, in Pumpkin Hill, you have a chance of finding one (or a skeleton dog, depending on which one spawns in the Chao container or not) if you go to the floating island that has the train and the many switches on it. You must go down onto the area where the train continuously goes back and forth, and facing the area that you dropped down from, I believe it's the section to the left of you. You go up to the barred up train entrance, and stand close to it. Then, you should be able to whistle, and either a bat or a skeleton dog will drop down.
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Twiddle »

To continue the Pumpkin Hill chain, you can find a warthog running near the tracks and spike-ball-chain-things very close to the bottom of the stage.