Initial Grades of First Two Chao[SA2B]

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
someperson
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Initial Grades of First Two Chao[SA2B]

Post by someperson »

Back on ChaoClub, another member and I performed a little experiment and noticed that the character you unlock chao world with set your first two chao's grades to certain ones. Unlocking the chao world with Sonic produced chao with grades "CDCCD, CBBCD" each and every time while with Rouge it produced chao with grades "DDBDC, BCDBE" each and every time. The results for each character were recorded as:

Sonic: CDCCD, CBBCD
Tails: CBCBC, CDBCC
Knux: DDBDC, BCDBE
Shadow: DDBDC, BCDBE
Eggman: CBCBC, CDBCC
Rouge: DDBDC, BCDBE

I'm sure this applies to the hero and dark garden eggs as well, but neither of us had the patience to test this.

I also noticed that faces might play a role in this to. With Sonic, chao CDCCD always had a normal open eye no mouth face while chao CBBCD could have that same face but also on occasion have open eye toothy grin, open eye v happy mouth, or closed eye v happy mouth. I didn't experiment with this on other characters but the other guy working on this said to always get the same open eye no mouth on both chao with a different character. I'm not sure how many experiments were performed because even with Sonic, chao CBBCD would most of the time have the open eye no mouth face.

You are all welcome to further this experiment on, but remember for each test, you have to keep deleteing the chao data on the save memory card. Simply just resetting and rehatching won't do as data is set on egg creation.

If you wish, you can read the original thread here.
Check out my personal little site in my profile.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Re: Initial Grades of First Two Chao[SA2B]

Post by Pumpkinium »

Do you think you can test to see if theres a possibility of the toothy frown? people have been talking about this, they say its not real or its really hard to get.
help me
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Post by Nintendawg »

^A toothy frown? What does that mean and can I get a pic?

This is my 1,000th post. I am now a master chao.
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

This experiment lacks enough data. You need to record what result comes up for every character ten times using a consistent method. Every character needs to be tested consistently and multiple times.

Toothy Frown was claimed to be an obtainable face but through my tests and other information, there is no one able to claim their Chao was born with an Toothy Frown. When Chao with Toothy Smiles fail to swim they will express a Toothy Frown. That is the only time your Chao should ever express this unless hacked.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Post by Nintendawg »

^Oh I see that as an "Evil frown" since the smile is an "Evil grin".
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
Tails812
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Tails812 »

Well, I can confirm that Sonic's starting chao stats are 100% true. I've proved that through over 15 trials (rough estimate).

I had NO idea that it actually differed from characters.

As a contribution, the hero garden with Sonic is DDBDB. I've proved this as well with many trials.
someperson
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by someperson »

I have never got a toothy frown and I'm not convinced you can get them just like I'm not convinced you can get those weird line smiles found on chao in SA2 races. If they somehow really really really are, I don't think starter chao can produce them.

The chao in the dark garden egg when unlocked with Sonic gives me DDCCC. My chao from the hero garden egg has the same grades as Tails812's chao from the hero garden. Strangely enough, both the chao from hero and dark garden eggs have the open eye no mouth face. It would be nice if I could get help on these faces and grades. I'll try to find a spare memory card lieing around the house to experiment more with as well as time for it to. School keeps people busy.

It makes me wonder if the black market chao are also truly random to. I might play with them sometime as well and see what results I get.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Faces and grades are completely random and not determined by what character you start the garden with or what character you hatch a Chao with or how you hatch the Chao. The second the egg comes into existence it's facial features and grades are determined. The Chao in the Hero Garden and Dark Garden already exist before you unlock those gardens. This information won't help future cases and wouldn't seem so consistant if you tested this on multiple files, multiple times, with a new Chao Garden being created each time a character is tested.
someperson
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by someperson »

Yes, it is determined on egg creation(why you save in mating when breeding for all S chao), but the character you unlock the chao world with(first time going there) determines the grades of the eggs in each garden. I know this because I have continously deleted the file and re-did this many times. Faces might be random, but I think characters can play a small role there to. Random or not, some faces are much more common than others. If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and try it yourself and prove me wrong.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

How many times is "many"?
someperson
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by someperson »

At least 20-30 times. I did alot more with Sonic because the wii corrupted my data and I said I'm going to try to get the faces my initial two chao had in SA2(which were both happy closed eye v mouth faces) as well as some decent grades. That's how I came across this in the first place with the whole face and grade thing(as in grades being the same and one chao always open eyed no mouth face and other chao most of the time that same face). I thought it was like that always at first, but then another member of chao club took my experiment further and realized it was character based. I tested it myself and it is. Even after all these tests, if you don't believe me try it yourself and match the grades with the characters.
Crystal_Talian
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Crystal_Talian »

I remember testing this a long time ago. I do mean, a long time ago.
I also agree that the starter chao's grades are based on who you enter the garden with. I also remember that if you "say goodbye" to your first two chao, and then re-enter the garden, you get different grades. Each character has three sets of grades, actually. So basically, it runs like this:

Grade Set 1
(say goodbye to both chao)
Grade Set 2
(say goodbye to both chao)
Grade Set 3

And if you say goodbye again, you cycle back to "Grade Set 1".

I did this a long time ago, so I don't have the exact data anymore. I am fairly certain it is correct, though. I remember spending quite a while on it. I'll try to do some testing on it tonight. I don't think I'll have the patience to do ten or twenty times as Crazo suggests, but I should at least be about to do three per character per set.

Edit:
Actually, I'm home and I only have my wii which makes it a lot harder, since I actually have to turn the entire system off and then on again to conduct the experiment. I may be able to test this when I visit my father's and can access my Gamecube again. However, I would like the take back my earlier statement and say that it's the character the chao data is created with that matters. Starting the data with Sonic and soft resetting seven times produces the exact same grades regardless of who enters the actual garden first (did it three times with Sonic, three with Shadow, and once with Tails). However, deleting the data and starting with Tails produces different grades.
I am certain that the character you start with matters, though. I always start my files with Tails, because I like his grades best (CBCBC and CDBCC).