Holding Your Chao Egg May Also Increase Stats (SA2B)

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 2 days old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sonicheart
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Holding Your Chao Egg May Also Increase Stats (SA2B)

Post by Sonicheart »

So everyone knows that holding the chao eggs and rocking them makes them more happy right? Well, it can also lead to them having better stats as well.
So I play Sonic Adventure Battle 2 for the Gamecube, and I had a chao egg, and instead of holding it, I waited for it to come out on it's own. When it hatched, I took it to the chao doctor and it's stats were D's and E's. Only one was C.
Then I got another chao egg and I rocked it. When it hatched, I also took it to the doctor right away and it's stats were mostly C's. One was D and another one was B.
I'll probably do more research on this and find out more about it before I make it offical, but I am almost certain that this speaks for itself. What do you think?
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Holding Your Chao Egg May Also Increase Stats (SA2B)

Post by Zacmac74 »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the egg hatching process has nothing to do with stats. If you need proof, conduct more trials.
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Agreed with the above post. I think it is entirely coincidental. True testing would also require eggs that would result with the same grades, and if there is a change, than that proves it. But no offense, I believe that is incorrect.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

The only thing hatching might have a connection to is personality, but that is because of how little we know about what does determine it. Hatching method doesn't effect face or grades. They are predetermined before hatching.

Are you aware that grades have genetic connections? If not, it means that the child's grades are determined by what their parents (and in some cases grandparents) had for grades. It is part of the method for getting an All S Chao.

The problem with your theory is that to prove it you would need to obtain an egg and hatch it multiple times in different ways. I can guarantee that if you did that you would result in a Chao with the same grades each time.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mufasa-1998
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Mufasa-1998 »

I beleive the two Chao both had random sets of stats, unless you breeded.
Anyway, I think this was simply a coincidence.
CLAP YOUR HANDS, TO THE SOUND, OF EVERY FIRST BORN DYING NOW. WATCH THE RIVER FLOW WITH BLOOD, DEATH WILL STAND WHERE LIFE ONCE STOOD!
lorithaz
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by lorithaz »

The first 2 Chao you begin with USUALLY have 3 C's and 2 D's, or vice versa, holding your Chao does nothing. Picking them up on occasion raises happiness.
snowbell0925
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by snowbell0925 »

the chao's stats are chosen at random. No matter which way u hatch it. Throw it against a wall, rock it, or wait for it.
it's just random.
i C.S.I. (can't stand idiots). oh, and have you seen my zombie?
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

The 2 first (the new game normal one) chao that i hatched 2 days ago on ps3 have one A,one C,two D and one E.One have A on run (strangely enough,i wanted to make a sonic chao,so i name it sonic before i even know that he have a A in run.Its purely coincidental,but funny enough to point it out) and the other on fly.I rock one egg (the fly one) but not the other one.The two have the same face but not personality and favorite fruit.

So the hypothesis is downhill.

Btw,if i recall,the S rank is purple on GC,its gold on ps3 ;)
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
I received a beautiful deep blue and black 3DS XL! *_*
Moon Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Moon Chao »

^

I'm pretty sure it's also gold on the GC. :)

(if you mean the color of the "S")
Emerald Lance
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Emerald Lance »

Grades are decided completely at random the moment the egg spawns in the garden (when breeding, the stats are decided pseudo-randomly based on predefined percentage chances tied to the parents' grades). Believe it or not, rocking the egg has absolutely no effect at all. Everything, from the mouth and eyes to the personality, it is all determined when the egg spawns. There's no benefit between rocking it and throwing it, aside from the minor dislike when the Chao lands from being thrown (which can easily be remedied with one or two pats on the head).

This is all because the egg is just a specific form of Chao, handled very much like an evolution. The hex value assigned to an egg is 01, and a baby is 02, while a neutral adult is 03 (when a Chao is released from the gardens or dies, it becomes 00 and is erased). As long as the form value isn't 00, the Chao will always have a set of stats. For instance, it's possible through hacking to have an egg with not only all S grades, but completely maxed out stats and levels, before even hatching.

In short, the only benefits that come from rocking an egg are insignificant: it takes longer to let the egg hatch normally, and you Chao will be moderately peeved if thrown (which, again, is not permanent and is a quick fix).

EDIT: I think I remember one of the games does use a purple "S", though I just saw a video that was shot from the Gamecube and one had a golden "S", so I don't know. I wanna say it was Sonic Adventure DX, but I can't remember a way to actually check the grades in-game on that one.
SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan, wrote:"I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
--Gamefaqs.com
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

Maybe on the DC?
I remember seeing it on the chao island site before that the GC and DC version was completely separated.
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
Emerald Lance
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Emerald Lance »

Did the Dreamcast version have a doctor? I thought it only had the classroom and the principal.
SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan, wrote:"I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
--Gamefaqs.com
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

Dunno,i don't have the DC version (i don't have the DC to begin with XD).
Sammy_Boi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sammy_Boi »

I had a dreamcast once but i cant remember if it did.
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

Back on-topic, assuming Emerald Lance isn't right, (Although I believe he is right) what you could try to do is get the SA2HD/SADX Chao Data Editor from Fusion, remove the existing Chao Data and copy the eggs untill you have, say, 10. Let them hatch on their own and write their stats down. Then, spawn in another 10, copied from that same egg and hatch them by holding them and rocking them, and then write down those stats. Compare the stats (Although you might need more than 20) and you'd have a general idea, if you really wanna be sure. I might look into this as soon as I have my new charger.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

The stats are set when you buy the egg. Not when it hatches.
Tompole5
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: -Account not used

Post by Tompole5 »

I do believe (and also somewhat because I have a thing to view every single thing about my chao, not the chao doctor though) that the chao stats are based on the parents, if they were all S chaos, then it would be likely that the offspring chao would be a all S or S and A chao, personality is how you hatch it. :surprise: :blink: :thinking: