[SA2B] 9 Chao in Garden Glitch

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zapchao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

[SA2B] 9 Chao in Garden Glitch

Post by Zapchao »

So I was leaving my GameCube on overnight to age my chao, and when I woke up, there were 9 chao in the garden.

First off, sorry for the poor video quality. I don't have a camera, so best thing I had to record with was my 2DS. Hopefully, you're able to count the dots on the chao to see that there are 9.

I believe there were 7 chao originally and 2 chao were born at the same time at different ends of the garden, but this is only my guess. I've been able to leave and re-enter the garden without any of the chao being moved out. I haven't tried moving any chao out myself though. The game says Light (shiny swim chao) is in the hero garden when it's actually in the chao garden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qLYZhHtv5o

I just thought I'd share this because I didn't find anything anywhere talking about this. If anyone wants to try finding out more about this, go ahead. I'm too lazy to do much about it. Maybe someone can upload footage of the glitch using something other than a vegetable. xD

I tried swapping chao around with the chao transporter, and it turns out that I keep 9 chao in the garden if I wanted to. I can even swap Light (shiny swim chao) while maintaining the glitch. The glitch ended when I moved one of the chao into another garden. Light is now displayed in the chao garden instead of the hero garden. Something I didn't notice was that Light took the slot of another chao I forgot existed. This other chao couldn't be transported or put into races because of Light taking its slot in the hero garden. I didn't check if the other chao was physically in the hero garden. If it was, it makes me wonder if it's possible to go above the 24 chao limit. It will probably be glitchy and not worth it, but it's interesting.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: [SA2B] 9 Chao in Garden Glitch

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

There are mods out there which can raise the maximum amount of Chao in a garden, but if you have none, two Chao probably needed at the same.e time which is very rare, but possible. They don't need to be at different ends of the garden, they could be next to each other. Since they were bred at the same time, the game looks for an eighth Chao right before it hatches. Since they bred at the same time, the game tells the Chao the garden isn't overloaded yet. That's also the reason why every other Chao ISN'T running off to another garden. Although it is odd that it says one of your Chao is in the Hero Garden because if you choose a Chao for Karate or a race you can actually select off screen boxes which adds another 4 boxes. Your nineth Chao should be down there. I guess it was confused as where it was overloaded when it said it wasn't, so it looks at your nineth Chao in the Hero Garden. Also it picked the Hero Garden because in order, the games code looks at Neutral Garden as 0 (Default) Hero Garden as 1 and Dark Garden as 2. If it isn't in 0, it's in 1.