Tiny Chao Garden Items Information

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Tiny Chao Garden Items Information

Post by Mamkute »

This information is all supplied by a guide book I have for SA2B and Sonic Adventure, Versus Books, advertised as 2 guides in 1. The information could possibly be inaccurate, however everything in it is either correct or currently un-reported. Nothing is blatantly wrong.
The key values of interest are data on the Tiny Chao garden fruit, and on the rates eggs appear in the store.

The main site already has values for the fruits' effects on Swim, Fly, Run, Power, and Stamina but this guide has data on the effects on Belly and Mood stats (and this could easily be tested and confirmed.) They are:
Spoiler:
Orange Fruit:
Mood +1 Belly +2
Blue Fruit:
Mood 0 Belly +1
Pink Fruit:
Mood +2 Belly +2
Green Fruit:
Mood -1 Belly +1
Purple Fruit:
Mood +1 Belly +2
Yellow Fruit:
Mood +2 Belly +2
Red Fruit:
Mood -3 Belly 0
The egg appearance rates are not as easily testable (by one person. Large crowd sourcing would be required to confirm statistics for this.) The guide also phrases it in a weird way. It says
When you first start up your new Chao, it is determined whether you get a Normal Egg or a Rare Egg. The ratio is 3:1, Normal:Rare. After it determines Normal or Rare, it uses the appearance and pricing chart as shown below.
The chart is then shown (It includes ring prices, but these are known, so I will omit them.)
Spoiler:
Normal
Normal (20%)
Silver (20%)
Gold (15%)
Ruby (15%)
Sapphire (10%)
Amethyst (10%)
Emerald (10%)
Rare
Garnet (20.5%)
Aquamarine (20.5%)
Peridot (50.5%)
Topaz (.5%)
Onyx (8.0%)
So, in this weird phrasing, it seems that a "normal" egg will appear 75% of the time, while a "rare" egg will appear 25% of the time. Then, in that 75% or 25% of the time, it has further weighting for specific colors. This should produce overall probabilities of:
Spoiler:
Normal (15%)
Silver (15%)
Gold (11.25%)
Ruby (11.25%)
Sapphire (7.5%)
Amethyst (7.5%)
Emerald (7.5%)
Garnet (5.125%)
Aquamarine (5.125%)
Peridot (12.625%)
Topaz (0.125%)
Onyx (2%)
So, if these values are accurate, the moral is, Topaz is indeed stupidly rare.
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden Items Information

Post by Mayo »

Was this tested with a Chao already in the Tiny Chao Garden?
I've found a normal egg appears almost 100% of the time when there are no Chao present.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden Items Information

Post by Mamkute »

That is a very good point. I believe all of my experiences with no chao in the garden have also lead to always having a normal egg (or perhaps most.. not sure.)

Since this is from a guidebook, and not tested by myself and with no knowledge on the set up, I will have to assume that it was tested with a chao in the garden, as that aligns more with my experiences.

I guess that is a good point to raise about why more tests for this would be helpful.