Add Personality Section

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Add Personality Section

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

I've noticed recently that Chao Island's main page does not have a section on Chao personalities. Given the varying behavior that personalities bring to Chao, as well as the fact that many people try to change their Chao's personality or want a specific one, I'd like to write a section on this for the website. I have plenty of time to do this so I don't mind at all.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Add Personality Section

Post by chaoadventures »

The lack of a personalities page is strange.

That said, as far as I know, there is very little research on personalities, and most of our stuff has come to the conclusion they don't actually do anything.
I think the only exceptions are Cry Baby and Big Eater (maybe Picky Eater too?), but I don't remember, for all I know they don't.

Honestly, personalities are the most rumor riddled thing about chao we still have left.

Heck, even your tests lack "peer review" (which I should be able to try and check myself sometime soon) and/or someone checking the data files that knows how.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Add Personality Section

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Even if their effects are minimal, I think they should still be covered. As you mentioned, some of them do affect Chao behavior, and a lot of people seek out information on this subject. We can at least cover what we do know.