Sickness

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: I just ate dinner for breakfast!

Sickness

Post by Canpaw »

I did a few expirements with Fusion's Chao Editor, and I figured out this:

Sickness pretty much affects nothing when it comes with your chao's lifespan, happiness, reincarnation or death, etc.

Just thought this would be something interesting to learn for others.
a
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Re: Sickness

Post by Rufflikerex »

Cool, do you have any proof? Could you give a detailed explanation on how you discovered this and some screenshots to back it up? Can you find proof that sickness does not affect Chao in those ways? Have you tried your experiments multiple times and recorded your results? I cannot believe the things this post says with the limited information you have provided. Please explain this to me.
-Random Internet Person.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Canpaw »

I discovered this, because I had heard that if your chao is sick when he reaches lifetime 0, he would die for certain, no mattr what, but I doubted that so i expiremented.

http://i.imgur.com/q7fQmkk.mp4 Will reincarnate
I also decided to expirement if anything else was affected.

(my .gif maker refuses to make this file correctly) Happiness and Lifetime unaffected
a
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Rufflikerex »

Canpaw wrote:I discovered this, because I had heard that if your chao is sick when he reaches lifetime 0, he would die for certain, no mattr what, but I doubted that so i expiremented.
Ok, so you discovered that sickness does not kill Chao. Thank you for that information, but you haven't explained how sickness doesn't affect Chao in all the ways you described. Did you mean to say that sickness wouldn't kill Chao in your original post? If you didn't, can you explain how sickness doesn't affect a Chao's lifespan, happiness and etc. with pictures of Fusion's editor and the Chao to prove your points? I believe your statement that I quoted, but I need more information to believe this:
Canpaw wrote:Sickness pretty much affects nothing when it comes with your chao's lifespan, happiness, reincarnation or death, etc.
-Random Internet Person.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Canpaw »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_y9Bhp9wEA
(i also investigated drowning for some reason.
The value boxes didnt show up, so here are my observations:
For certain,
Happiness remained at 100 no matter what, if you drowned it or made it sick.
Reincarnation was unaffected by sickness.

However, here are some things that may have happened, or its just me being suspicious:

Lifetime may start decreasing slightly faster over time, for both drowning and sickness. Goes back to normal when taken out of wate or made normal. Once again, may not be true.
a
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Rufflikerex »

I love your video!

Thanks to it I learned these facts: Chao won't lose happiness from being thrown while in-egg, a Chao's happiness will not decrease with sickness as its cause, a sick Chao will not die or reincarnate while it's preforming their sick animations, a sick Chao can reincarnate, and drowning does not affect a Chao's happiness. Good Work! :darkhappy:

As for the drowning and sickness making life loss quicker, I'd like someone to make a side-by-side comparison on the speed of life loss on a sick Chao compared to a healthy Chao. I'd do it myself, but I'm stuck with the PS3 version of SA2B, so I can't use Fusion's Chao Editor. :herocry:

Also, I'm curious if sickness affects reincarnation by requiring a higher amount of happiness than normal. The thought just popped up in my head, I mean, sickness has got to have some effect other than making Chao look miserable, right? Maybe not...

Anyhow, good work Canpaw! You contributed well! :wink:
-Random Internet Person.
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Post by CanSteam »

http://prntscr.com/d7s0r4 Chao with minimum reincarnation happiness, not sick, reincarnating

http://prntscr.com/d7s195 Chao with minimum reincarnation happiness, sick, reincarnating

As for the video idea, I would totally do it if I knew how to edit videos.
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Post by CanSteam »

Sorry for the double post, but it's important enough info to warrant it.
I recorded it, although with gameplay only about 1/3 seeable for the space of Fusion's Chao Editor x2, but I had closed the tab that has Happiness, and my chao had dropped to -100 happiness at some point during the thing? This might be related to the sickness, because I was just flying around as knuckles the whole time.

Edit: https://youtu.be/t5h8F2IS5z0 Here's the video! It's 11 minutes long, though. The non-sick and sick chao's lifespans go down at about the same rate. They both reincarnate too.
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...