Chao Animal parts test Sonic Adventure DX

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 1 day old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Chao Animal parts test Sonic Adventure DX

Post by Nessie »

I did some testing and found when you transfer and chao with animal parts from Sonic Adventure 1 to 2 on the gamecube, they lose their animal parts.

I did the same test from sonic 2 to 1 and all the animal parts disappear.

I'm on gamecube and don't have any hacking device so I wonder if the behaviors and learned skills are gone as well, like the hat ability. I didn't test it with chaos who have flame balls or bat legs and wonder if it will erase that as well.

Also I found that animal parts will change to adult form when a chao evolves into an adult in Sonic Adventure DX.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Re: Chao Animal parts test Sonic Adventure DX

Post by UltimaNumber »

Well, since SADX has different animals and some animals don't exist, the game has to remove all of the animal parts. However, when you transfer back to SA2B, the animal parts it had there will return.

While the Chao can still draw, it won't remember that a skunk has been given to them, so you would have to give it again. Anything that it learns in kindergarten, it keeps, but every animal trait, it doesn't keep. So if you want a Chaos Chao, you still have to give it all 15 of the animals since the flags that you have given the animal isn't on, unless you constantly switch back and forth, then you need to remember what you have given it in that game.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs