Better SADX uses SADX PC's Chao Garden System

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Better SADX uses SADX PC's Chao Garden System

Post by UltimaNumber »

Yeah, I've learned that any Chao you can hack in with Fusion's Chao Edtior in Better SADX, are exactly the Chao you can hack in the SADX PC version (Not Steam).

So, if you've wanted to know the Chao System in SADX PC, but don't own the PC version, but have the Steam Version, just install Better SADX and you'll have the PC's Chao System!

If there ARE differences, other than just everything looks better, feel free to post here.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Better SADX uses SADX PC's Chao Garden System

Post by chaoadventures »

Last time I tried using Fusion's Editor to import a chao from my SA2 save to Better SADX, it came out as a Mono-Tone so I assumed it was still the 2010 version of the gardens.

I didn't like SADX's chao system that much to begin with, so I didn't really bother to see if I didn't install a part of Better SADX correctly or something.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I thought better SADX basically turned the steam version into the original 04 PC release.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

Okay, so all Colored Chao in the Steam Version are always Monotone, whereas all Normal Chao are Two-Tone. So, you can't get Monotone Normals or Red Two-Tones, that's why the importing made it still Monotone, or it could still have been the 25% Chance, I've not tried it myself. Also, yes, I do mean the 04 PC Version, hence why I said not Steam.

I hacked Chao myself in both the original 04 PC and Better SADX, and they both have Normal, Monotones, Two-Tones, and their shiny versions actually correctly displayed, and jewel, and so on. They both have all the same Chao you can get/hack!

My YouTube stuffs
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

Actually, you know what? The makers of Better SADX outright states that it transforms the Steam Version into the original 2004 port, which would be the PC version. As far as I know, no mod in it changes the Chao Garden or it's system, apart from it's the 2004 PC system.

My YouTube stuffs