Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Re: Fusion's SADX PC Chao Editor (Version 1.0, 2011-01-15)

Post by Fusion »

Drouge wrote:How would you make a Gamecube editor? Wouldn't that require external hardware?
I could either make an editor that works with the Dolphin emulator, or make something that generates cheat codes somehow for you to enter using an ordinary cheat device.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

I would try the first one first, though it looks harder...
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

OffT: Wait, why is Fusion's name normal when viewing topics form the forum?

OnT:What does the race screen look like when you have more than 8 chao in garden?
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Twiddle »

Since the Chao systems in SA2 / SA2B and SADX are very similar, if not the same... If you plan on making another version of the editor, do you know if you could include things like personality and favorite fruit? They were visible in SA2B (not sure about SA2), and Chao transferred to SADX (GameCube) from SA2B still carried those traits, but they were hidden.

...Sorry!! ^v^;;
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

From the previous page of this thread:
Fusion wrote:From hacking SA2B, I have found some more things which I can include in my SADX PC Chao Editor. The next version might allow you to change your chao's personality, favourite fruit, favourite fruit DNA, and stat grade DNA. I don't yet know if personality or favourite fruit makes any difference in SADX though.
Twiddle
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Twiddle »

Ah, I must have read half of the page and then started drawing again, and then came back and thought I read the whole thing. Sorry, my mistake.
Zekermei
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Zekermei »

*sits in chao garden with a bunch of hacked chao*
Why do I suddenly feel boerd with chao?
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

What I do with these is do stuff it's impossible to do on the game normally, like have your chao eat a fruit the size of a house, or make about a billion flying chaos chao that are completely invisible except for a shadow which is impossible. Laws of physics be damned, something that isn't opaque casts a shadow!

Making all the chao you've always wanted sucks the fun out of chao raising ;)
Zekermei
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Zekermei »

Indeed.
Jared11
Child Chao
Child Chao

Amy,Tails, and Knuckles Chao

Post by Jared11 »

Use Chao Editor And the last 3 in the evoulutionary path. IT IS FUN. AWESOME JOB FUSION!!!! :surprise: :sway: :chaohappy:
Lunasphere
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Lunasphere »

Will this work on a Mac? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
In order to go to the Chaos Chao Garden you must: Reincarnate at least 2 times, hug 21 different animals, think good, bad, or normal thoughts, then after you grow into adulthood, go to the Hero Garden, stand in the middle of the fountain, and jump. You'll enter the Chaos Chao Garden and hang with me, and any other Chaos Chao.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Probably not, but you could try running it with Mono. Does SADX PC even work on Mac systems?
Shadowz
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Shadowz »

i normally would use a SADX cheat engine table (I think i got it from crazo? ._. ) but it looks i might start using this.
i'm guessing this is C coding? (Forgive me if im wrong)
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Shadowz wrote:i normally would use a SADX cheat engine table (I think i got it from crazo? ._. ) but it looks i might start using this.
My program should be a lot easier to use than a regular memory editor, especially since it allows you to edit any one of your chao. What you have probably only lets you edit the chao in the first slot. Additionally, that probably doesn't let you edit as many things as my program does.
Shadowz wrote:i'm guessing this is C coding? (Forgive me if im wrong)
It's written in C#.
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao
Motto: If you've been stabbed, then someone probably hates you
Location: In the chao garden, stopping my baby chao from going in the water

Post by The Shadic Chao »

Nice editor.
Can I suggest something? How about instantly making your chao a Second Evolution chao without having to change the chao's stat-thingy and the garden's time scale?

EDIT: Sorry for the inconvinience, I posted this before I noticed that the Magnitude slider does have a use.
teh steamz
LEVEL 42 FISH: im not fish my name is russel jimmies
Crash the Spooky Scary Skeleton: are you a monkey by any chance?
LEVEL 42 FISH: no i am a fish
chaohero1
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by chaohero1 »

That sounds COMPLETELY AWESOME!

Code: Select all

Moonstalker: **** I'M OUT OF COFFEE
chaohero1: Haha.
Deal with it.
Midnight_The_WolfPup
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: "Just smile"
Location: On my bed..napping with my sonic plush and Boyfriend

Post by Midnight_The_WolfPup »

not to be off topic or anything.....but where do i download the full versoin of SADX PC in a .zip fie?
A knight never flees his foe!

With the power of these emeralds,I'm going to destroy this damn planet!
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

We can't give you any direct links to the full version of SADX PC, as it would be against our forum rules.

You can buy the PC version from Amazon. It's very cheap: £2.49 or $9.00. You could probably find it even cheaper elsewhere. If you really want to download it for free somewhere, then you should just search Google for it.
chaohero1
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by chaohero1 »

I suppose you realize what you must do next? (Holds out gun.)
You should definitely do a SA2;B one. (Shoots Justin Beiber, who was hiding behind Fusion.)

Code: Select all

Moonstalker: **** I'M OUT OF COFFEE
chaohero1: Haha.
Deal with it.
patrizl001
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by patrizl001 »

Fusion wrote:Greetings.

It's possible that you've heard that I've been developing my own chao editor for SADX PC. I started it a long time ago, but I've recently been working on it much more. Well, it's finally complete!

I've created a new website to host my various chao projects, and I've made a section just for this program: http://chao.tehfusion.co.uk/sadx-pc-chao-editor

You can check there for the full overview, features, screenshots, downloads, updates, and the version history. However, for your convenience, I'll also include some basic information in this thread.

Introduction
Those of you who play SADX PC have probably tried GerbilSoft's SADX PC Memory Editor v2.00 BETA at some point. It works, and provides you with some useful editing abilities. However, it also has a lot of problems. It's built on legacy technology (Visual Basic 6), and as a result it can be very difficult to even get running; for example, you are forced to download a library file and register it through the command line, and aren't given any instructions to do this. It also has few features and a very basic interface. In order to edit your chao, you must select its slot number from a drop-down box, remember to click "Read Chao", change the values, and then remember to click "Write Chao". It is a long and tedious process.

My new editor seeks to correct these problems. It has been developed using the latest modern technology, and runs on the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile. You may already have this useful framework installed, but if not, the setup file will take care of it for you. When you run the program, you should find that it has a very user-friendly interface and is easy to work with. It will read and write changes to your chao data instantly, and provides you with a significant level of control.

Features
For a full list of features, check out the features page on my website. I'll give you a basic summary here, though.

For a start, my program does everything that GerbilSoft's one does (except for things that aren't related to chao). It also lets you control the following:
  • Chao ageing speed.
  • Second evolutions.
  • Happiness (the other editor claims to do this, but it's incorrect).
  • Number of reincarnations.
  • Remaining adult lifespan.
  • Bonds with the different characters.
  • Emotions and actions, such as crying, sleeping, or jumping with joy.
  • Intelligence and luck stats.
  • Learnt animal behaviours.
  • Medal worn on chest.
  • DNA.
  • Collected animals that are in the gardens.
  • Fruits that are in the gardens.
  • Hats that are in the gardens.
  • The items for sale in the Black Market.
Finally, you can also right-click on any of your chao in the editor to get a special menu. This menu will let you cut, copy, and paste your chao between slots, delete your chao, or create a new egg in the slot. It will also let you export your chao to a .chao file, which can serve as a permanent backup or allow you to share it with your friends! You can also import chao from .chao files into any slot you wish. This way, you don't need to replace your entire garden save file to borrow somebody else's chao.

Screenshots
It's always nice to see what something looks like before you download it, so here are a few screenshots of the program. I'll put them in a spoiler tag to save space. Check out the screenshots page on my website for more.
Spoiler:

System requirements
My program only really has two system requirements.

Operating system: For the greatest user experience, you should be running either Windows Vista or Windows 7. However, you can still use this with Windows XP, as long as you have at least Service Pack 2 installed. It might not look as good, but it'll work.

.NET Framework: As this program is written for the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile, you will need that installed. It's a small download, far smaller than the full .NET Framework 4.0. If you are using the setup exe (which is recommended), you don't have to worry about it; it'll all be taken care of for you. If you are using the zip archive, you can download the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile here.

Download
Interested in my program? Want to download it? Just head over to the downloads page on my website. I recommend you choose the setup exe option.

Feedback
Have any opinions? Have any feedback to give me? Found a bug? Just post here or contact me through any other method. As the very first release, there may be some bugs; however, I have thoroughly tested it and haven't yet found any. This program will be regularly updated as bugs are reported and fixed, or as new hacking discoveries are made.
cool!
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Thanks for the editor Fusion. Works great! But I prefer getting a Chao through work. It feels better than getting a great Chao through cheating. :wink: I loved getting a Chao to 9999 in everything with the older editor (GerbilSoft's) and watching the Chao go run and swim like mad. But yours is WAY better. It hardly ever crashes the game, and it's great for experimenting. I'm so glad you made something so great like this. It's really helpful. I also like the evolution demonstrator on your website. :chaohappy:
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Thank you for the nice comments.
Spexcern
Egg
Egg

Post by Spexcern »

Fusion, this is amazing! Only problem I encountered is chalked up to game mechanics. When I make a size 30 Chao Fruit and make a chao have 10000 hunger, when it gets full, the fruit is ridiculously hard to pick up again.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Here is a video of a chao I hacked with Fusion's editor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJX8S64Ka7Q&sns=e
MilkyPistachio
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by MilkyPistachio »

Great work! I have used the Memory Editor a few times before, but it wasn't very pleasant to use. Your editor is MUCH better, and it is even fun to use.

I only have one problem. When editing character bonds, I have to change them whilst in the garden, and when I leave the garden, they are set back to the default. It isn't a big problem, but character bonds are a nice thing to have.
Other than that, everything works fine. Thanks for such a great editor!