Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Luxi49
Egg
Egg

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

Post by Luxi49 »

aru wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:00 pm Then what would I select for a Gold Chao?
Gold chao is simply the texture jewel: yellow
aru
Egg
Egg

Post by aru »

Okay. Thank you so much!
BogdanKoles
Egg
Egg

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX A2B (2016-01-05)and S

Post by BogdanKoles »

Hi everyone! Can someone help me with Chao Editor installation? :thinking:

I really don't understand how to start using the latest version of Chao Editor. I'm using BetterSADX mod and I thought Chao Editor is SADXModManager compatible. However, I don't know where to place Chao Editor files to get things work: if I just launch the game and then launch Chao Editor, then after any operations in Editor (its window is working correctly), I get this error:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Oz7LM ... sMJS3vwNhJ

After this error game crashes and no Editor changes are saving. Please help to fix that)
Doomstick
Egg
Egg
Motto: Be humble, but keep your pride.

Post by Doomstick »

First off; excellent tool. Not a huge fan of hacking like this (anymore) but hearing a read-only version in the makes is entirely too awesome for words anyways. Having access to that information alone, is.. well. Awesome. A few questions though..

1) personality. Now this is PROBABLY a stupid question, but is it possible to influence curiosity, crybaby, big eater, ect, naturally? I'd rather not smack them around when they start bawling, but eh... if that's what needs to be done to make them behave, well.. guess I'll have to deal with them bawling.

2) Jewel eggs, in the shop specifically. I KNOW Jewel egg coats do exist in the game files.. or at least, they should, they did on the Gamecube version, as I had more than a few legitimate of them on there.. Is it entirely at all possible to throw the Jewel eggs in the menu for the Black Market? Probably just the same price as they are on the same as TCG.. if not, 10x as much, because rings are easier to come across, and a maximum of 100,000 rings, through certain glitches, isn't honestly that hard to come across anyways. Then again.. for those who don't want to use that, maybe they should just be the same price as the shiny eggs.. you can edit ring count in the editor anyways, so.

Personally, I don't really know 100% how that works. It probably doesn't have internal shop data and would need to be made from scratch.. hell, it's probably been asked before. Still, can't hurt to ask.
I've got a good capture card, a Wii, a Gamecube, and the Steam versions of SADX and SA2B. As well as a fair amount of knowledge under my belt. So, basically, I'm down to help with whatever. DM me or Discord me or something; just ask away and I'll see what I can help with. Currently seeking a mod to restore Dreamcast Shiny Jewel Chao on Steam..
Ashuron
Egg
Egg

Post by Ashuron »

Thank you Fusion for the awesome editing program! Is it possible to get a gem chao in the steam pc version of sonic adventure 2? Also, when I change an item in the shop to a shiny two tone egg in doesn't show up properly, is that normal?

Thank you again!
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

Will the chao editor update work with CWE v8? There's a few bugs that occur when the editor is even attached to the process, you don't even have to change anything and things automatically change. I'm looking forward to the read only version as well!
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Post by Sim_Chao »

Yea, you've been busy with real life for some time, and I understand your frustration. But, we need a new version for use with CWE v8+. The version we have currently has many bugs, including the chao expressions being glitched due to all the new things added in CWE v8. The Black Market is glitched, and so are the mixed color palettes. The Hyper fruits get reverted to hero fruit, and that just breaks the flow of everything I wanted to work so hard for my Chao.

PLEASE, Fuze. We are begging to you as a community to work on a new version. Or give us some progress on a new version, at least.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

He won't respond. He's done a bunk. We're still not entirely sure why.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Nessie »

Would it be possible for someone else to update this program?