GC to PC

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Peterson123
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

GC to PC

Post by Peterson123 »

I know I have asked this before, but does anyone know how to move chao from Gamecube to the steam sonic adventure games? In a previous conversation with DarkyBenji (link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44697) he mentioned using the fusion editor to import chao from GameCube to PC. Does anyone else know how to do this process?
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Re: GC to PC

Post by Fusion »

It's possible to do, but you would need to be able to access the raw chao data somehow (for example, via Action Replay or GameShark).

Several years ago, I used to regularly transfer my chao from the GameCube to the Game Boy Advance (using the Tiny Chao Garden), and then use my Action Replay to transfer my chao save files from the Game Boy Advance to the PC. I only did this to create backups or to manually edit the save files by hand. I never tried to take it further by importing the chao into any of the PC games, but I believe it would be a fairly simple process.

If you don't need your chao to be transferred over with 100% accuracy, then a much simpler approach would be to just recreate the chao in the PC game using my editor. You can copy the chao's name, evolution, colour, stats, animal parts, etc. all quite easily.
Peterson123
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: GC to PC

Post by Peterson123 »

I have backed up sonic advance files on my pc containing chao, how did you edit the save files?