[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v5 : New chao colors !

Post by DarkyBenji »

Zenall wrote:Hey, so I really want this mod to work, however, I can't seem to fix this odd bug I'm getting, which makes single player games rather unplayable. Specifically Eggman stages. Eggman doesn't have his usaual targeting rockets and just the volcan cannon (Or whatever it's called), which makes clearing stages pretty impossible. Tails is also incredibly fast, but that is much more doable than the eggman's lack of homing missiles. Along with this, some of the textures are a bit buggy... which sort of goes against trying to pretty up the game with the hd textures.

It's also worth mentioning that this bug happens even without mods installed, all that is needed to trigger it is the loader being installed. Having no mods/codes, as well as JUST "Chao World Extended" files installed. Uninstalling via the modmanager fixes all the problems, and sets the game to vanilla.
that's because i insert another mod in "chao world extended" called "holiday mod"
and yes i noticed this mod is glitchy

i'm gonna fix it
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Zenall
Egg
Egg

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v5 : New chao colors !

Post by Zenall »

DarkyBenji wrote: that's because i insert another mod in "chao world extended" called "holiday mod"
and yes i noticed this mod is glitchy

i'm gonna fix it
Cool, thanks. Love the entire thing, by the way. Thanks a ton.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v5.1: Some Glitch fixed

Post by DarkyBenji »

New update : Chao world extended v5.1

this is a mini update for fix some glitchs

- remove the holiday mod
- add a mod that make the upgrade INVISIBLE for fix the glitch from "2P in chao world"

and that's it.. yep..

i updated the first page, 1 new question/answer is here and it's about chao fusion editors.
also i have correct some faults of my english...

for user who use v5, just remove the folder "zChaoEx" and put the new one "zChaoEx" from the v5.1
Doc Melonhead
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Doc Melonhead »

Hi, just to let you know that I'm unable to enter the Neutral Chao Garden on your modifed app.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Doc Melonhead wrote:Hi, just to let you know that I'm unable to enter the Neutral Chao Garden on your modifed app.
that's strange, can you tell me what do you have in your neutral chao garden ?
Doc Melonhead
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Doc Melonhead »

I test the mod using the Fusion Chao Editor; and as far as I can tell, it may have something to do with the normal animal parts (Skunk, Raccoon, Sheep) that cause the game to crash.

Edit 9-12-2014 AD: through a process of elimination, the game crashes when one of the chao have raccoon arms.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Is it possible to keep animal parts from showing at all? I like the no arms and legs one but I just don't want animal parts on at all without risking gradual evolution using a skeleton dog. I know I can use chaos drives but animals give far more stat points. :darksurprise:
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Doc Melonhead wrote:I test the mod using the Fusion Chao Editor; and as far as I can tell, it may have something to do with the normal animal parts (Skunk, Raccoon, Sheep) that cause the game to crash.

Edit 9-12-2014 AD: through a process of elimination, the game crashes when one of the chao have raccoon arms.
ok after some research what code in the exe make the raccoon arms glitchy, i found it and i have a bad news
the other chao codes i made froze the raccoon arms

for fix it, there 2 ways before a new version come out :
- enable the code not animal part for arms and legs
- use the original .exe BUT many stuff will be gone like unused fruit are really useless or tree glitch are not fixed anymoure

so yeah.. i recommend to use the first one
roaxes wrote:Is it possible to keep animal parts from showing at all? I like the no arms and legs one but I just don't want animal parts on at all without risking gradual evolution using a skeleton dog. I know I can use chaos drives but animals give far more stat points. :darksurprise:
ok i will make this :surprise:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : the froze from the raccoon arms is now fixed but for unknow reason this animal arms still look weird/glitchy (atleast he don't froze the game anymore)

i try to fix this, but the only way to fix it, is to remove all the mixing colors chao, and i don't want that because i worked so hard for made this code "mixing colors"

but the invisible arms... should i let it ? we can remove legs so why not the arms :blink:
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CADANAMAN »

roaxes wrote:Is it possible to keep animal parts from showing at all? I like the no arms and legs one but I just don't want animal parts on at all without risking gradual evolution using a skeleton dog. I know I can use chaos drives but animals give far more stat points. :darksurprise:
I could be wrong but, don't Skeleton Dogs not effect evolution? It gives run points, but it's not a "run" animal. It's... I don't know how to categorize it, but it's a "spooky" type. (Along with the Bat and Half-fish) so I don't think it actually effects evolution. Just like Raccoon, Skunk, and all that.
\\ moons idem oons idem oons idemoon si dem oon //
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
Doc Melonhead
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Doc Melonhead »

CADANAMAN wrote:
I could be wrong but, don't Skeleton Dogs not effect evolution? It gives run points, but it's not a "run" animal. It's... I don't know how to categorize it, but it's a "spooky" type. (Along with the Bat and Half-fish) so I don't think it actually effects evolution. Just like Raccoon, Skunk, and all that.
The run points does influence evolution in some ways, according to Fusion's Chao Evolution Demonstrator.
DarkyBenji wrote: EDIT : the froze from the raccoon arms is now fixed but for unknow reason this animal arms still look weird/glitchy (at least he don't froze the game anymore)

i try to fix this, but the only way to fix it, is to remove all the mixing colors chao, and i don't want that because i worked so hard for made this code "mixing colors"

but the invisible arms... should i let it ? we can remove legs so why not the arms :blink:
I think the Bats gave removes the tail, legs, and wings and replace the body with one that have a ghost like tail, but I'm willing to let that one slide since the code for the raccoon arms were connected to your Mixed Color chao codes.
Albert Einstein
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

I've noticed with 3 jewel chao now that I keep getting the same mouth that looks like a mustach ._. the eyes are closed but 2 of the chao's eyes were different closed variants. Not sure if just luck of the drawl or something else. x3 :darkcool:

For example:

Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Steam
Main tumblr blog
LDSBL
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by LDSBL »

Hi I had an idea which may or may not be good. I was playing SA2B and was making some character Chao when I thought how annoying it is that they will eventually die/reincarnate. Then I thought, wouldn't it be cool if when you make a chaos Chao, that you could make it Fly Type or Run Type and then you'd get a Chaos Fly Type or Chaos Run Type? So that you could have the cool looking Chao and have them be immortal? However, I saw that on the mod this is being used to make the character Chao Amy, Tails and Knuckles.

Just an idea.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

LDSBL wrote:Hi I had an idea which may or may not be good. I was playing SA2B and was making some character Chao when I thought how annoying it is that they will eventually die/reincarnate. Then I thought, wouldn't it be cool if when you make a chaos Chao, that you could make it Fly Type or Run Type and then you'd get a Chaos Fly Type or Chaos Run Type? So that you could have the cool looking Chao and have them be immortal? However, I saw that on the mod this is being used to make the character Chao Amy, Tails and Knuckles.

Just an idea.
Well in this modpack there is a mod witch makes chao immortal for ever , but if making chaos run and so on its imposible
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tails852 »

Darky Any Hints For Secret Codes? :walkto:
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

tails852 wrote:Darky Any Hints For Secret Codes? :walkto:
its sad to say that all secret codes got found :herocry:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
SummerTheChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: We also have top notch productions in the Uk

Post by SummerTheChao »

Wow this mod is great keep up the good work
This needs more color in life!

wanna fly high
So I can reach the highest of all the heavens
Somebody will be
Waiting for me so I've got to fly higher

When all alone in my sleep
I just go about dreaming
I see myself there, having the same adventure
~Miles "tails" prower~
ART: http://blossom-heart24.deviantart.com/
YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/RainbowTheLizard
rikanprodigy
Egg
Egg

Post by rikanprodigy »

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been brought up, but when this Mod is used in conjunction with the "New Challengers" mod, the alternate characters (Amy/Metal Sonic/etc) will not load when selecting chao world. I have confirmed that the issue occurs when "Chao World Extended" is checked under the "Codes" tab. Is there a quick fix for this? I theorize that it has to do with you having enabled alternate characters in that same code. (Maybe you can have it as a separate code for those who like to you the new challengers pack?) Any input would be appreciated. Thank you and awesome mod man!
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tails852 »

krzys2 wrote:
tails852 wrote:Darky Any Hints For Secret Codes? :walkto:
its sad to say that all secret codes got found :herocry:
So what are the secret codes
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Do I need Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle? Also I downloaded but I don't see the .exe file.
Last edited by ChaoGardenBuster on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

rikanprodigy wrote:Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been brought up, but when this Mod is used in conjunction with the "New Challengers" mod, the alternate characters (Amy/Metal Sonic/etc) will not load when selecting chao world. I have confirmed that the issue occurs when "Chao World Extended" is checked under the "Codes" tab. Is there a quick fix for this? I theorize that it has to do with you having enabled alternate characters in that same code. (Maybe you can have it as a separate code for those who like to you the new challengers pack?) Any input would be appreciated. Thank you and awesome mod man!
the chao world extended have a code to change character too
that's why your mod "new challengers" don't really work

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:Do I need Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle? and also i downloaded but i dont see The .exe file
both version work, alos i check the zip pack and i see the exe... so try to search correctly :heroblink:

Edit : also i added a warning for new people about the raccoons arms
because a random frezze like that is annoying

the next version will maybe come out tomorrow or next week for privat reason
rikanprodigy
Egg
Egg

Post by rikanprodigy »

DarkyBenji wrote:

Would you happen to have the address value(s) of the character change in the "Chao World Extended" code? I can easily edit the XML file and remove it myself so that I may use both mods correctly. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

rikanprodigy wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:

Would you happen to have the address value(s) of the character change in the "Chao World Extended" code? I can easily edit the XML file and remove it myself so that I may use both mods correctly. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!
0174B015
it's easy to found it because it's in the beginning

But anyway, a new update will come tomorrow
i fixed some glitchs i can, and made some codes

- Expand Time (for 16 chao code) : more you have chao in the garden (more than 8), and more the chao take his time to evolve/die/grow

- Disable Animal Parts (ALL parts version) : after the code that remove only animal arms and leg parts, here the code that remove ALL the parts, for people really hate animals parts

- enable ALT character (by pressing R or L) : this code was mixed with the code "chao world extended" but removed and now alone because some poeple have the mod "Character Select Mod"
so that would fix some problems

about the glitch :
- raccoon arms glitch is now fixed (but still look weird), your game will not froze anymore because of this
- fix the ALT character upgrade glitch
- fix random frezze from the code "Chaos and Characters Chao are like Normal Chao" (but this code is still kinda glitchy)

and that's all :blink:
Roaxes

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v5.4 (12/10/2014)

Post by Roaxes »

:chaohappy: LOVE the new no animal parts code. Thank you and keep up the good work! :chaohappy:
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

OH do you know if there's a fix possible for the chao spawning?
I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it but it's definitely annoying when chao keep spawning in the same spot *espically in water when they're suppose to be sleeping* :darkno:
They spawn normally on Sonic DX x3
Steam
Main tumblr blog
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Hey, just post here to say that chao world extended v6 v5.5 will be release tomorrow (25/10/2014)

what's new ? pretty much a textures update

New Texture added : Highway Garden
New Texture added : Chun-Nan Garden
New Texture added : Dire Dock Garden
New Texture added : Blue lobby
New texture added : Day Lobby
New Texture added : Darky Kindergarten (his old name was gallery kindergarden)
New Texture added : MRB Garden (by indythegreat)
New Texture added : Darker Garden (by indythegreat)
New Chao skin Added : Twiddle's Chao Jewel Texture (by Twiddle)

New Code : Fruit never Disappear
New Code : Choose A Medal
Spoiler:
You can choose the medal for your chao you want (the medals must be unlocked for you chao, like you put a challenge medal to your chao if he didn't win the challenge race, to see what medal your chao unlocked go to the Doctor )

all you have to do for enable this code ingame is pressing X (Blue action for keyboard player) when you enter the chao kindergarten (during the loading)

you enable the code and you can choose the medal for your chao

Up : challenge medal
left : hero medal
down : beginner medal
right : dark medal

Y or Switch Action Window button + Up : Aqua medal
Y or Switch Action Window button + Down : topaz medal
Y or Switch Action Window button + Left : Garnet Medal
Y or Switch Action Window button + Right : Peridot Medal

Start /Pause button + Up : Onyx Medal
Start /Pause button + Down : Diamond Medal
Update for the code "chaos chao and Character chao can be Normal chao" : you can drop your chao in chao lobby with this code now (yeah this code for drop chao in lobby was disable if you enabled this code)

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/download/wybma ... d_v6.1.zip

Oh and BTW !!
1 code is removed in chao world extended : it was Abuse kill
this code made the chao dead (instant grey cocon) if you abuse him

i remove this code because some people don't like it (and i have no idea why i made this... maybe to be like Ssonic adventure DC)

that's all for today :chaohappy:
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.